INTP

Backgound
    1. INTP
    2. M
    3. England and England (not Britain)
    4. White
    5. Agnostic I guess. No religion in my family

Questions
    6. I'm studying Music Culture and Record Production. This was initially to find a career path in the music industry, but has instead put me off the idea. I'm more accustomed to the creative side of music, not the business side. So now, I'm not quite sure. Anything music orientated or creative would be good.
    7. I get along with most people very easily. I know a lot of people, but only a few I would consider actual friends. I think people nowadays class each other as friends too easily without putting much thought into what it actually means. I take note of who know the difference between 'good friend' and 'good company'.
    8. No paranoias worth mentioning
    9. Vices? Smoking bud.
    10. I'm have an inexplicable yet not irrational fear of aggressive dogs. Oh, and a fear of the inexorable impending failure.
    11. My dad is spot on, if a little hard to live with. Older brother is a real diamond.
    12. I don't express much emotion wherever I am.
    13. In school I had no enemies. Maybe some people thought I was a bit odd, but no less amicable because of it.
    14. The point of my life is music. It comes naturally to me. I've spent long enough as a musician now to appreciate the nature of this sonic phenomena. I could ramble on for a good few years about this, so I've kept it painfully brief.

And there you have it.

MBTI
    xNTP

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? Unknown at present.
    2. Are you male or female? Male.
    3. What country do you live in now/ were born in? United States.
    4. What cultural background are you? Italian, English and Danish.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Too numerous to list.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? IT Executive, System Architect, etc. My goal is to hold some type of high-level corporate position. To that end I am currently pursuing a M.S. in Information Systems and have a good job with a good employer.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? My friendships are quite good with both genders. I have 10 very close friends and there are three reason why they are close friends: they are all self-reliant, are not overly sensitive and are very trustworthy.

8. What paranoias do you have? None except the occasional feeling that I have missed some important detail.

9. What are your vices? None.

10. What are your fears? See paranoias.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? Excellent. Compromise is a wonderful tool.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? Although I have no problem expressing emotion generally I am not very effusive.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Fun loving SOB. Now I am probably seen as a good natured yet very motivated person. Let's just say subtlety is not one of my strengths.

And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? To earn enough money to give my family a good life, retire early and use the excess to improve the world.

MBTI
    ESTJ

[QUOTE=JustDave;135186]

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? Fun loving SOB. Now I am probably seen as a good natured yet very motivated person. Let's just say subtlety is not one of my strengths.

If you were a woman, I would date you.

MBTI
    ISTJ

1. What is your personality type? INTJ
    2. Are you male or female? Female

3. What country do you live in now? United States
    What country are you born in? United States

4. What cultural background are you? Let's just call it 'poverty'.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I'm not religious and never lived with people who, are up until the past year. Some of my relatives are Christians.

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? I'm not sure what my goal is. I like science, math, and psychology.
    What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? I'm in school and learning.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? Gender doesn't mater to me, though I tend to make more female friends.[/b]
    How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I would want friends who I can work with. I'd want them to share my interests and ways of doing things.

8. What paranoias do you have? Being manipulated or abandoned.

9. What are your vices? I can be extremely rigid, self-centered, impatient, absent-minded, lazy, and uncaring. I'm immature and not as smart as pretend to be.

10. What are your fears? Touching dead bugs, being followed by dead people, seeing 'glitches' in RL or other paranormal oddities.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My parents ( ESTJ and ISTJ ) complain that I don''t appreciate them. Aside from me taking advantage of them and us having poor communication/nothing in common, it's a good relationship. I have no siblings.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I usually don't need to, but if I'm feeling emotional, I don't care if I'm in public.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Insane, out of control, angry, but with a good moral conscience.
    How do you think people see you now? Quiet, absent-minded, and independent.

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? My goal in life is to repay all of the people I've taken advantage of, and then enjoy my life. There is no real 'point' and there doesn't have to be. According to some textbooks, the point of living is to reproduce.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

So please tell me:

1. What is your personality type? INTP
    2. Are you male or female? female
    3. What country do you live in now? USA
    What country are you born in? USA
    4. What cultural background are you? Irish/AmInd. (Sauk/Fox)
    5. What religion are you? Spiritual only.
    What religion is your family? Methodist/Catholic

6. What career are you in or looking to be in?
    Artist as in canvas.
    What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    Achieved.... trying to hang in there with dwindling eyesight.
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders?

Most women I've met don't very readily accept me. I am gun shy with them as a result. Conversationally, I get on better with men.

How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

I've had a few that have passed on. It is late in life to expend the energy of replacing them... eventhough I do get quite lonely sometimes. Ooops (edit) the one's I got on with were thinkers and no subject was off limits. They were also very "live and let live."

8. What paranoias do you have?

People! Is there anything more dangerous?

9. What are your vices?

Smoking and procrastinating.

10. What are your fears?

People! Is there anything more dangerous?

11. What is your relationship like with your parents?

They're long gone but when here, I didn't have much to do with them... left home at 15.

siblings (if you had any)?
    One sister.. have nothing to do with her. Last time I talked to her was 9/11 to see if she was okay.

12. How are you with expressing emotion in public?

Not! Do do it sometimes online.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school?

A "shy" person wearing a "scarlet letter" to identify me as my Mother's child. The one the clique picked on.

How do you think people see you now?

Reserved, well dressed, strange, suspect and, probably, too intelligent for them to comfortably associate with.

And finally....

14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general?

Wow! Why don't you ask something a little tougher? Oh, well, I've been raising kids since I was 9 beginning with my sister and ending with my husband's grandkids. I'm not sure I see that as the point though.. just the task.
    I think life is nothing more than an instructional series of choices. Like I said, I'm spiritual. I suppose I could have refused to raise all those kids but it was a have-to choice and I'm not really sure, yet, what that says.

I do find myself trying to harmonize often. Giving a different or opposite perspective that I think might accomplish that. That theme is also expressed in my artwork. That's the one thing that's pretty consistent so that's probably a big part of it.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

1. What is your personality type?
    ENTP

2. Are you male or female?
    Yes. =p

3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    USA, born and raised.

4. What cultural background are you?
    Typical white, middle class family.

5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    I'm philosophically agnostic, but practically an atheist. Mom's side is Catholic, Dad's is Jewish; but my immediate family is extremely secular and as far as I can tell my parents are both (basically) agnostic too.

6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?
    Oh jeez, I don't know. The list currently includes:

Mathematician, physicist, writer, internationally-wandering backpacker, comic, researcher, teacher, doctor, humanitarian, entrepreneur, photographer, musician, inventor, activist.

I'm currently a 3rd year mathematics and physics major involved in way too many activities. I'm trying to decide between graduate school in mathematics, medicine, or Peace Corps after I graduate.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?
    Lots of friends, not so many close friends. I tend to get bored with people before I can know them deeply. Male/female ratio is about even in my pool of friends.

None.

9. What are your vices?
    Procrastination, inability to do anything that doesn't personally interest/inspire me.

10. What are your fears?
    That I'll end up in a cube farm, stuck doing the same thing for 40+ years. Not having opportunities to pursue my own interests, projects, traveling, etc. Being expected to be involved in anything remotely political.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?
    Mom: ISFP
    Dad: INTP
    No siblings.

My parents are great. My dad and I get along very well and usually have a good deal to talk about, although I often find his daily life mind-numbingly boring (he's a semi-retired engineer who does consulting work).

My mom is an unending source of entertaining banter since we are, in many ways, very different and yet very similar. She's in alternative medicine, which is the object of much of my ire since I'm more scientific like my father (although I just joke with her, of course). Very chill, hippie lady.

Okay. Not great. Just okay.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?
    I was the weird-but-entertaining misanthropic kid that everyone knew and liked but fit in nowhere. I skipped a lot of school to do my own things.

Now I think people see me in pretty much the same way.

To create, explore, and inspire. To love and be loved. To seek out the deepest mysteries of the universe. To meaningfully engage with the world at large and share experience and ideas. To lead a life of constant challenge and learning.
    Last edited by nemo; 02-19-2008 at 04:58 AM.

MBTI
    INFP

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INFP
    2. Are you male or female? Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? US - US
    4. What cultural background are you? Irish
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? Unitarian Universalist - Catholic

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal?

I'm currently studying human resources management. I'd love to work in the HR department of a non-profit organization, but I'll probably end up at a hospital or school system.

7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people?

Friendships in general are kind of awkward for me. I have two or three really good friends and a lot of "acquaintances." Gender does not really play a huge role. I am friends with these people because they are all people I can trust to the highest extent and I can easily talk to them about anything without feeling weird.

Being controlled or manipulated.

9. What are your vices?

Reading, drawing, photography, gaming, outdoorsy stuff.

10. What are your fears?

I'm highly claustrophobic (though elevators don't bother me at all). I also fear that I will end up with a career I hate and I worry about what happens after you die.

11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)?

Pretty good. Friction here and there, but nothing huge.

I try to avoid it, but I can't always do so.

13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now?

High school - quiet, annoying, and weird. College - quiet, compassionate, and weird.

And finally....

I am an INFP. I think that's a sufficient answer.

MBTI
    INFJ

Background
    1. What is your personality type? INFJ.
    2. Are you male or female? Male.
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? United States for both.
    4. What cultural background are you? Caucasian.
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family? I come from a Catholic family and I am a practicing Catholic.

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? In general I am a Psychology major at a Catholic University. Currently I have my mind set on going into research (possibly social/personality) and then researching and teaching at a University. Right now I am just taking classes and working my way up to graduation, and then to grad school.
    I have a tendency to only hang out with girls. I rarely have the same interests as guys, which stereotypically consists of sports, cars, and women. I have one very close best friend and and I would say a small group of other close friends that are also friends with each other. I am friends with these people because we function as a type of family, keeping in touch with each other and enjoying each others similarities as well as our differences.
    8. What paranoias do you have? I am paranoid over whether I am truly a good and accomplished person or not, and I always have this paranoid feeling that people are talking about me when I hear or see them whispering.
    9. What are your vices? I have low self-esteem and I am "in love with love".
    10. What are your fears? I have a fear of dying before I get to complete any of my goals. I set high standards for myself that take a lot of work and time to accomplish (like my future career) and I am afraid that I'll die in a car wreck or something before I even get to reach them. I am also afraid of dying before I get to experience what this committed relationship thing is all about!
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? My mom is my #1 friend and always will be. I get along really well with her and I enjoy spending time with her. I have a satisfactory relationship with my father, but because I really didn't have any interest in doing things he would have preferred me to do as a child (mostly sports) he never spent much time with me. I do love both my parents though. I have 3 brothers, 2 older and one younger. I get along pretty well with my oldest brother and not-so-well with my second oldest and youngest brothers. The latter two are pretty irresponsible and rarely think before they act, so I have little tolerance for them.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I feel comfortable expressing positive emotions in public, but if I am sad or angry I don't like to discuss it in front of other. I wouldn't want to kill their mood. I also don't like to do any kind of PDA in public.
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? How do you think people see you now? I started out in High School as very quiet and awkward at best. I was pretty much the kind of person people would pick on my Freshmen year, but being involved in theater started bringing me out of my shell. By sophomore year I had found my niche and increasingly became more comfortable with myself. Now I am almost like a different person, and my hypothesis is that I was finally able to develop my Fe, which I was afraid to do in High School because I didn't want to be ridiculed for it.
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I think this point in my life marks my college career and me undergoing a massive amount of self-discovery. I see more clearly now where I stand as a person and I have a very clear idea on what I expect out of myself. If I had to describe myself in terms of story structure, I would definitely be in the "rising action" part of my life. It feels like things are starting to get stirred up while others are falling into place. I would say this is probably the happiest time of my life thus far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

sammy

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type?

something NJ, that much I'm sure of by now. I've thought of myself as an INFJ, INTJ, ISFJ and ENTP at some point in my life though.
    2. Are you male or female?
    Female
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in?
    US, I was born here.
    4. What cultural background are you?
    Pakistani, Irani
    5. What religion are you? What religion is your family?
    Muslim, they're Muslim too. But hey, don't think I'm into that blind-faith crap. I've been through some stages over the years where I'll question everything and make sure I know exactly why I follow what I do.

Questions

I'm planning on law school within the next few years. I want to take some time off in between finishing my undergrad and starting law school though. I'm trying to find an internship at the moment to further that goal.

I am capable of befriending people of either gender easily. Guy friendships often have the potential to become unbalanced... My friendships with most girls last a very long time usually because I spend so much time cultivating those friendships to make sure there is a sense of loyalty and openness amongst us --otherwise, they remain acquaintances or friends-out-of-necessity. I could write a whole thread on this pattern, so I'll save my thoughts for elsewhere I have too many friends, honestly, it gets kinda annoying at times, but I really appreciate the variety and quantity (and quality!) of all of them to varying degrees.

Not sure.

9. What are your vices?
    A lot in the past. Not so much now.

10. What are your fears?
    Eh.

No siblings, unfortunately. Hence why I want a large family of my own once I am married. My parents and I get along for the most part. My Mom can be a little too controlling for my liking sometimes, but my Dad and I are cool with one another and leave each other alone when we wish.

I've cried, been exuberant, never yelled, and hugged in public. I keep the emotions in check in private as well, unless in extraordinary circumstances.

I was viewed as the wallflower in high school. I kept to myself and spent a lot of time reading, going online, doing artistic things and played lacrosse for a while too (but even there, I was not really social). I'm viewed very differently now. It's a practical 180 degree flip. People have a difficult time believing I ever was that anti-social. I'm comfortable with being in the middle about this now... I'm viewed as very social, but capable of doing things on my own and not minding the solitude.

I think the point to my life is to figure out how to balance everything and remain true to myself and my religious faith at the same time. I would like to hope that I will contribute to the world in some huge fashion, but honestly, at this point in my life, I would really like to just contribute a great deal to whatever future family I have and maintain very healthy, open and happy relationships with friends, family and a significant other.
    Last edited by sammy; 03-17-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: clarification

MBTI
    INTP

I guess I was supposed to do this before...

Backgound
    1. What is your personality type? INTP
    2. Are you male or female? The latter.
    3. What country do you live in now? What country are you born in? USA, USA
    4. What cultural background are you? WASP
    5. What religion are you? Christian-ish What religion is your family? Evangelical Christian

Questions
    6. What career are you in or looking to be in? What are you doing right now to help you achieve this career goal? Very good question! I'm pursuing a BA in International Studies right now, without a clear idea of a career. Maybe library science?
    7. What is your friendships like with both genders? How many good friends do you have and why are you friends with these people? I tend to connect more with guys, but I have some girl friends with whom I have deep friendships. I'm either friends with them because we connect well (even if we rarely see each other) or because we get along well enough to chill.
    8. What paranoias do you have? upward traveling escalators, commitments
    9. What are your vices? forums and other forms of internet time-wasters
    10. What are your fears? Disappointing my parents or other people who've invested in me.
    11. What is your relationship like with your parents? siblings (if you had any)? I don't see them very often, but my mom's family is a blast. My dad's family is kind of lame.
    12. How are you with expressing emotion in public? I see little reason to
    13. How do you think people saw you in high school? Eccentric yet often boring. How do you think people see you now? probably the same
    And finally....
    14. What do you see as the point to your life and life in general? I want to either improve something in the world or leave no trace at all. I haven't decided yet.