• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Things I can do to work on Fi?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try tying it into Ne. That is ulitmatley(sp? didnt feel like googling the spelling) where it leads. Being more open to letting things just happen on there own and learning how to be more dynamic. Go into a thread and not worry about the topic at hand, but pick something someone says and run with it somewhere else.

Find a thread, read the title, then look at the last post and go with whatever they said whether its related or not.

Do not let this thread derail though, it is yours. You dont have to be dynamic all the time :) Dont just find your opinions but open yourself up to step outside your opinions.

Come on derail a thread, you know you want to:devil:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I don't think it's specifically working on a function, it's more of understanding what a function entails, and opening yourself up to that way of thinking. When I think of Fi and Ne, I think of those kinds of things that have haunted me in a way my entire life that I knew I'd have to figure out how to do sooner or later, but I could by without it for the time being.

To me, Fi is about expressing my own opinion to myself and through certain mediums. It's more about understanding what makes me unique and taking advantage of my individuality, having the courage to take that leap of faith on myself rather than sticking to what's commonly accepted as the easier way out.

Ne is about being open to new possibilities. Understanding that what I do most of the time might not be the best thing for me personally to do, or the best thing in general to do, possibly in terms of efficiency or maybe even for other people. It's about opening myself up to what's possible outside of myself and what I can immediately process. I keep trying to remind myself that there's more to life than the linear steps that what is immediately around me can take. The world around me in 10 minutes has so many infinite possibilities that I can't even begin to think of.

I guess you could tie this to my age also, being in college wanting to discover myself. That to me, above, is how I interpret the general effects of Fi and Ne on my life. They've been these phantoms in the background constantly taunting me with possibilities that I shut out out of fear of deviation from the norm. I just want to figure out how to finally deal with it, and I know it's going to be hard.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it's specifically working on a function, it's more of understanding what a function entails, and opening yourself up to that way of thinking. When I think of Fi and Ne, I think of those kinds of things that have haunted me in a way my entire life that I knew I'd have to figure out how to do sooner or later, but I could by without it for the time being.

To me, Fi is about expressing my own opinion to myself and through certain mediums. It's more about understanding what makes me unique and taking advantage of my individuality, having the courage to take that leap of faith on myself rather than sticking to what's commonly accepted as the easier way out.

Ne is about being open to new possibilities. Understanding that what I do most of the time might not be the best thing for me personally to do, or the best thing in general to do, possibly in terms of efficiency or maybe even for other people. It's about opening myself up to what's possible outside of myself and what I can immediately process. I keep trying to remind myself that there's more to life than the linear steps that what is immediately around me can take. The world around me in 10 minutes has so many infinite possibilities that I can't even begin to think of.

I guess you could tie this to my age also, being in college wanting to discover myself. That to me, above, is how I interpret the general effects of Fi and Ne on my life. They've been these phantoms in the background constantly taunting me with possibilities that I shut out out of fear of deviation from the norm. I just want to figure out how to finally deal with it, and I know it's going to be hard.

You seem to be going about this in an analytical and linear manner which is what got you here in the first place. Sorry to be so blunt but your Fi is flawed. Tertiary functions are flawed.

When introverts run into a situation that their Dominant Function can't handle, they need to adapt by negotiating, going along with the limitations of low-bandwidth social interaction, or otherwise doing something that does not involve total control or understanding of the situation. The Tertiary Function provides justification for maintaining an Introverted approach directly opposite to the worldly expansiveness that the person is ready for.

Tertiary Fi (IxTJ): "I can't possibly go along with this, because it would mar my soul. It's not 'me'. I am a good person, and in order to maintain my integrity, I need to steer clear of this. This is the responsibility of those other people: it emerges from their souls, not mine, so it's their problem." The Secondary Function (Te) would say: "Do something. Take responsibility even if no one gave it to you, and go after some tangible gain right now, within the limits of the situation and your current understanding. That will improve your position, after which you can re-assess and plot a new course."

Tertiary Temptation

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah raz, I think you've gotten to the extent that your Fi can get to. You've done a good job so far... but don't leave behind Te. Tertiary functions ARE flawed when it comes down to it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, we use Fi in a different way than the xxFPs. Tertiary is flawed, but not as flawed as the inferior - this can drive you crazy.

I'm personally afraid of Ne.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I think it's Te pushing me into this, though. It's like I constantly ask myself why I'm incapable of understanding things on a deeper level that would utilize Fi and Ne. It's like Te pushes capability and competence, but in this situation, it's pushing that toward Fi and Ne. Bleh. Maybe I just need to stop.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bleh. Maybe I just need to stop.

Yeah, I think so. Paralysis by analysis and all that. Don't stress out over it, try to relax more! Yeah, this is why I'm not a counselor. ;)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
There are student government positions open that I just...found out about while working on an assignment. Wasn't expecting it, but someone at a student government meeting told me to, heh. That would be a good way for a TJ to voice their opinion, wouldn't it?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are student government positions open that I just...found out about while working on an assignment. Wasn't expecting it, but someone at a student government meeting told me to, heh. That would be a good way for a TJ to voice their opinion, wouldn't it?

If thats what you enjoy. The best way to voice your opinion and to be heard and viewed as intelligent is to try and understand other peoples point of view by looking at all different angles. Ask people why they think the way they do and you can get a much broader view and be able to better support your opinion. Who knows you might change you feelings toward certain things in the process :)