MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Dear Babylon Candle,

You are a very nice person, but stop trying to impose your agenda on everyone! It's wrong.

-Sincerely, Fi
    Babylon Candle is not a nice person, nor a particularly objective person for that matter.

My Fi says so.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Babylon Candle is not a nice person, nor a particularly objective person for that matter.

My Fi says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Bab, chill, I know Fi is daunting, a wild horse, but that sort of challenge should appeal to you

Raz, the benefit of collecting things that give you a good vibe and revisiting them later is that you're channeling Fi through Si, something you're very comfortable with. It'll also allow for more digestion of those feelings, coz you'll be reexperiencing something familiar, giving you ample time to 'practise' and refine. Try it out, it might just give you the peace you need, and you'll find also that sometimes you make 'new' discoveries, things you've missed the first time because it's all so overwhelming and you missed things while struggling.

The other thing I do is imbed Fi in Te. I'll pick a very meditative Te activity such as crafting jewelry, doing the dishes, cutting up vegetables, whatever needs doing and sit down comfortably for it, put no deadline on it and let the self-reflection come to me while executing it. This too will give you the chance to discover yourself.

One thing I've noticed is that you're sorta overwhelmed because you're struggling. I realize that Fi pops up at the most *inconvenient* times, but realize that you do not *have* to judge it right there and then. Just experience, ride the wave of emotion it causes in you and realize that it is ok to just do that. There is no right or wrong. An emotion cannot be wrong. It is the reaction to that emotion that makes all the difference. By postponing your reaction to it, and merely observing the emotion while wondering all sorts of questions, you'll save yourself a lot of stress. You'll feel less at the mercy of the waves it causes. If you give yourself enough time to digest it all, for that matter, for the self-reflection to run its course before you start judging what you can do with this new insight, you'll be less exhausted, I promise
    Dear Babylon Candle,

You are a very nice person, but stop trying to impose your agenda on everyone! It's wrong.

-Sincerely, Fi
    Dear....the world,

you're all very lucky that I have no Fi. Otherwise It'd tell you all how much he HATES you for no reason at all .

-Sincerely, Fi hijacking Te

no but seriously. Fi is the bane of my existance and I see no benefit to improving it. Ni improvement is much more beneficial and I'd imagine the ISTJ would benefit more from Ne improvement.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Dear....the world,

you're all very lucky that I have no Fi. Otherwise It'd tell you all how much he HATES you for no reason at all .

-Sincerely, Fi hijacking Te

no but seriously. Fi is the bane of my existance and I see no benefit to improving it. Ni improvement is much more beneficial and I'd imagine the ISTJ would benefit more from Ne improvement.
    But...no one asked for your random assessment of the matter. The thread is about how he can work on Fi, not how he can be bullied by misguided Te.

And the fact that you're making this about you smacks of Fi, ironically.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But...no one asked for your random assessment of the matter. The thread is about how he can work on Fi, not how he can be bullied by misguided Te.

And the fact that you're making this about you smacks of Fi, ironically.
    Dear Marmalade,

I serve no master!

sincerely,
    Irony

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Bab, you gotto admit, it's kinda ironic to see your Fi mistrusting itself and any Fi around
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    LoLz

Well, this ISTJ would like to step in and tell you to stop derailing the thread with pointless banter.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Fi is pure evil. Fi is the lack of any other judging function, rather than the positive existance of another.

It almost sounds like you are purposely trying to make yourself over analyze things and become depressed? Dude, Fi is #1 in depression for a reason. I'd stay FAR away from Fi if I were you.
    No one cares about your opinion.

As for raz, what are you going to try to "do" to develop Fi (as in an action)? Anything in this thread sound good?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    LoLz

I'm not entirely sure yet. It seems the collage idea might work, but why is it so hard to get myself to do it? It just seems so...pointless. I don't mean pointless in the sense that it will help me, it's that the activity in itself seems so pointless and empty. It's just like, time spent doing something that does nothing but to serve sheer self-reflection, and accomplishes nothing else. That's what keeps me from wanting to do it, because it seems so empty like that. I feel like if I did something like that, it'd tear apart my very being because it goes against all of the rules of my life. I guess Te doesn't like it...at all.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What you are implying is that one cannot improve upon one's own mental state. You are also saying that one cannot learn, as if conscious self improvement is unnatural.
    I did NOT say one cannot learn. You don't read very well, do you? Of course someone can improve upon their "mental state," but the approach will vary greatly by the individual, and I think approaching it from a "work on a function" angle is pretty silly. But, hey, if it floats your boat, knock yourself out, I was just stating my view on it.

Furthermore, you have not provided sufficient evidence for your stance.
    There's no evidence for any of this crap. The "functions" themselves are just theoretical speculation. Go ahead and show me some "evidence" that somebody improved themselves by "working on" a theoretical function. I don't think you can do that.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    I

I also agree that it's not something you should work on - that's my opinion. For me recently, I've just been thinking about what things are important to stand up for in life. Fi has naturally taken hold in me in the past year or so. It's not something I ever thought of before.