User Tag List

First 456

Thread: Ti impressions

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    So I might feel like I have found this awesome connection to multiple concepts and be explaining them in a general way, and before I can even reach my conclusion i get cut off with something like (last night for instance) "pier" not "pierre"..
    me: "what?"
    ti user: "you said pierre but I believe you meant pier"
    me: "okay ya whatever, it's unimportant as you understand what I really meant"
    Man, yeah. Whatever the source, this tendency is extremely frustrating and often seems counterproductive to me. I will express a very general idea or point, and someone comes along seemingly looking for a lynchpin to bring the whole thing down--when, in reality, the thing they found isn't a lynchpin; it's an irrelevant side detail that says nothing about the whole.

It comes across as something akin to -- "Whoops! You misused that single word! Therefore, the entirety of what you just said is invalid. I wasn't really paying attention to the message or spirit behind what you said, but I'm sure that it's invalid." If they're extra prickish about it, it also comes with the side message of "I think you're a dumb and terrible person as a result. Also, my ego is fed by finding others' small mistakes and blowing them out of proportion, so, really, I'm not worth listening to."

When I interact with such people, I try to express myself as concisely as possible; that way, there's very little to have potentially picked apart. From my standpoint, it's unfortunate that I have to do so.

I expect and welcome this behavior out of proofreaders and editors, but during brainstorming processes and expressions of general ideas, I'd rather not get completely sidetracked by pedantry.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Maybe I have more developed Fe than the average INTP or I've mistyped myself. I have wondered at times if I'm just an ISFJ with strong tertiary Ti. I know a couple of people here on this forum have suggested that. I think I can be quite warm emotionally- maybe not always right away when I meet someone but when I'm comfortable, I think the warmth does come out. I usually try to appear friendly to people, even those I've met the first time. I would want the same the same in return. Unlike most Ti dominants, I do care alot more about what others think and prefer to please other people. I don't always have to agree with them but I do need to know where they are coming from and why they hold that point of view. Sometimes though, agreeing with them will make the social interaction more comfortable but at the same time I'm not just going to agree with something that has no solid logical basis.
    I believe, again, being female pushes you toward more "Feeling"-like roles, or less stereotypical "Thinker" traits. Being (likely) Supine (instead of Phlegmatic, for the INP part) also makes one warmer toward people.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Being around 2 ti doms regularly is a bit frusterating for me, even though I do admire the function itself. It seems like every time I get an NE wheel rolling, ti shows up to throw a stick in the spoke. So I might feel like I have found this awesome connection to multiple concepts and be explaining them in a general way, and before I can even reach my conclusion i get cut off with something like (last night for instance) "pier" not "pierre"..
    me: "what?"
    ti user: "you said pierre but I believe you meant pier"
    me: "okay ya whatever, it's unimportant as you understand what I really meant"
    ti: "no it IS important.. one is a structure over water and the other is a fucking name"
    me: "okay PIER. Are you happy? So as I was saying.."
    ti: "I'm just trying to help you not sound like a jackass"
    me: "I don't sound like a jackass.. infact I'd say a jackass is someone that entirely misses the big picture because they are caught up on word pronounciation"
    ti: "okay now your just being redundant"
    me: "redundant? How?"
    ti : "missing the big picture implies entirely, pronounciation implies word."
    me: "oh man, you are suck a dick sometimes"
    ti: "okay go on with it"
    me: "go on with what?"
    ti: "your idea....."
    me: "Did I have an idea? Fuck it."
    Thats not Ti Thats just Anal Retentive. Ti would have followed your logic, not knock you on some stupid crap like "pier" vs "pierre". I mean we could but whats the point, thats not logic.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Granted, the OP is probably not directed at me since I am a Ti - dom, but I'd like to comment anyways on the view that Ti -dom individuals "don't have the need to please others."

While that's generally true, especially for secure Ti users, I have noticed in myself and other IxTPs that we all seem to go through a few awkward growth periods where we do have this need. It's like a constant cycle of "I know myself and the world around me (and don't care to please others)" to "I know nothing at all (maybe I should pay more attention to the needs of others)".
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I see what you guys described as unhealthy, baby-level Ti. It's pretty easy to deal with too, I have no patience for that shit. I just laugh in their face and they realise just how dumb they are. I don't see this in healthier and smarter Ti doms.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Granted, the OP is probably not directed at me since I am a Ti - dom, but I'd like to comment anyways on the view that Ti -dom individuals "don't have the need to please others."

While that's generally true, especially for secure Ti users, I have noticed in myself and other IxTPs that we all seem to go through a few awkward growth periods where we do have this need. It's like a constant cycle of "I know myself and the world around me (and don't care to please others)" to "I know nothing at all (maybe I should pay more attention to the needs of others)".
    I can't speak for other IXTPs but that's very true for me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post

It's the constant cycle of Ti and Fe. The former is what Ti says, and the latter is what Fe says.
    Thinkist: not optimist nor pessimist. I am primarily competent in the enneagram.
    SX 9w1, SP 5w6, SP 3w4 | Split with the first two
    Ti-Se-Si-Ni-Te-Fi-Ne-Fe. I'm always questioning this, particularly the Si.
    Big 5/Global5/SLOAN: RCUEX