• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti impressions

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^haha...I've gotten quite a few comments about my "judging eyes" :huh: but I'm really just watching.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
:ninja:
Will lurk.

I love my Ti, he's the most healthy and mature of my functions. *Pats Ti, Ti doesn't seem to notice.*
Yes, my Ti does the same thing! :laugh:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I love it, but then again, I don't believe that functions can be bad/nasty/whatever in and of themselves. It's cold, in the sense that it is impersonal, but why do things HAVE to be personal for them to be nice? It doesn't have to be ruthless or anything, it just doesn't have to be passionate either. It just rests within this middle ground which is neither, and that's not a bad thing. I've never had any beef with anyone for being a Ti dom or anything, I just don't like it when there's not enough F-ness and people start offending each other for no reason. I'm not at all bad with Ti, but I do wish to be better at it.

Permabanned
rtfm.png

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe I have more developed Fe than the average INTP or I've mistyped myself. I have wondered at times if I'm just an ISFJ with strong tertiary Ti. I know a couple of people here on this forum have suggested that. I think I can be quite warm emotionally- maybe not always right away when I meet someone but when I'm comfortable, I think the warmth does come out. I usually try to appear friendly to people, even those I've met the first time. I would want the same the same in return. Unlike most Ti dominants, I do care alot more about what others think and prefer to please other people. I don't always have to agree with them but I do need to know where they are coming from and why they hold that point of view. Sometimes though, agreeing with them will make the social interaction more comfortable but at the same time I'm not just going to agree with something that has no solid logical basis.

My impressions of primary Ti users:
- reserved
- not emotional or "warm" emotionally
- very stable
- very logical
- not necessarily too friendly when met at first time (not necessarily the second time either, or third or ever)
- don't have the need to please other people
- don't have the need to think how other people thing
- don't have the need to agree with people
- are independent thinkers
- don't need others to support their thoughts/causes
- very interesting when they let you to know them
- very interesting thought process

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
<toaster pic>

Yeah -- read the damned manual before you include me in your mess!

(Besides, anyone could have logically concluded that the toaster was going to grow an arm and get surly when people stick things into them. I mean, blenders do -- toasters aren't THAT much different!)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Being around 2 ti doms regularly is a bit frusterating for me, even though I do admire the function itself. It seems like every time I get an NE wheel rolling, ti shows up to throw a stick in the spoke. So I might feel like I have found this awesome connection to multiple concepts and be explaining them in a general way, and before I can even reach my conclusion i get cut off with something like (last night for instance) "pier" not "pierre"..
me: "what?"
ti user: "you said pierre but I believe you meant pier"
me: "okay ya whatever, it's unimportant as you understand what I really meant"
ti: "no it IS important.. one is a structure over water and the other is a fucking name"
me: "okay PIER. Are you happy? So as I was saying.."
ti: "I'm just trying to help you not sound like a jackass"
me: "I don't sound like a jackass.. infact I'd say a jackass is someone that entirely misses the big picture because they are caught up on word pronounciation"
ti: "okay now your just being redundant"
me: "redundant? How?"
ti : "missing the big picture implies entirely, pronounciation implies word."
me: "oh man, you are suck a dick sometimes"
ti: "okay go on with it"
me: "go on with what?"
ti: "your idea....."
me: "Did I have an idea? Fuck it."

G

garbage

So I might feel like I have found this awesome connection to multiple concepts and be explaining them in a general way, and before I can even reach my conclusion i get cut off with something like (last night for instance) "pier" not "pierre"..

Man, yeah. Whatever the source, this tendency is extremely frustrating and often seems counterproductive to me. I will express a very general idea or point, and someone comes along seemingly looking for a lynchpin to bring the whole thing down--when, in reality, the thing they found isn't a lynchpin; it's an irrelevant side detail that says nothing about the whole.

It comes across as something akin to -- "Whoops! You misused that single word! Therefore, the entirety of what you just said is invalid. I wasn't really paying attention to the message or spirit behind what you said, but I'm sure that it's invalid." If they're extra prickish about it, it also comes with the side message of "I think you're a dumb and terrible person as a result. Also, my ego is fed by finding others' small mistakes and blowing them out of proportion, so, really, I'm not worth listening to."

When I interact with such people, I try to express myself as concisely as possible; that way, there's very little to have potentially picked apart. From my standpoint, it's unfortunate that I have to do so.

I expect and welcome this behavior out of proofreaders and editors, but during brainstorming processes and expressions of general ideas, I'd rather not get completely sidetracked by pedantry.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I have more developed Fe than the average INTP or I've mistyped myself. I have wondered at times if I'm just an ISFJ with strong tertiary Ti. I know a couple of people here on this forum have suggested that. I think I can be quite warm emotionally- maybe not always right away when I meet someone but when I'm comfortable, I think the warmth does come out. I usually try to appear friendly to people, even those I've met the first time. I would want the same the same in return. Unlike most Ti dominants, I do care alot more about what others think and prefer to please other people. I don't always have to agree with them but I do need to know where they are coming from and why they hold that point of view. Sometimes though, agreeing with them will make the social interaction more comfortable but at the same time I'm not just going to agree with something that has no solid logical basis.
I believe, again, being female pushes you toward more "Feeling"-like roles, or less stereotypical "Thinker" traits. Being (likely) Supine (instead of Phlegmatic, for the INP part) also makes one warmer toward people.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being around 2 ti doms regularly is a bit frusterating for me, even though I do admire the function itself. It seems like every time I get an NE wheel rolling, ti shows up to throw a stick in the spoke. So I might feel like I have found this awesome connection to multiple concepts and be explaining them in a general way, and before I can even reach my conclusion i get cut off with something like (last night for instance) "pier" not "pierre"..
ti: "no it IS important.. one is a structure over water and the other is a fucking name"
me: "okay PIER. Are you happy? So as I was saying.."
ti: "I'm just trying to help you not sound like a jackass"
me: "I don't sound like a jackass.. infact I'd say a jackass is someone that entirely misses the big picture because they are caught up on word pronounciation"
ti: "okay now your just being redundant"
me: "redundant? How?"
ti : "missing the big picture implies entirely, pronounciation implies word."
me: "oh man, you are suck a dick sometimes"
ti: "okay go on with it"
me: "go on with what?"
ti: "your idea....."
me: "Did I have an idea? Fuck it."

Thats not Ti :shrug: Thats just Anal Retentive. Ti would have followed your logic, not knock you on some stupid crap like "pier" vs "pierre". I mean we could but whats the point, thats not logic.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Granted, the OP is probably not directed at me since I am a Ti - dom, but I'd like to comment anyways on the view that Ti -dom individuals "don't have the need to please others."

While that's generally true, especially for secure Ti users, I have noticed in myself and other IxTPs that we all seem to go through a few awkward growth periods where we do have this need. It's like a constant cycle of "I know myself and the world around me (and don't care to please others)" to "I know nothing at all (maybe I should pay more attention to the needs of others)".

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I see what you guys described as unhealthy, baby-level Ti. It's pretty easy to deal with too, I have no patience for that shit. I just laugh in their face and they realise just how dumb they are. I don't see this in healthier and smarter Ti doms.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Granted, the OP is probably not directed at me since I am a Ti - dom, but I'd like to comment anyways on the view that Ti -dom individuals "don't have the need to please others."

While that's generally true, especially for secure Ti users, I have noticed in myself and other IxTPs that we all seem to go through a few awkward growth periods where we do have this need. It's like a constant cycle of "I know myself and the world around me (and don't care to please others)" to "I know nothing at all (maybe I should pay more attention to the needs of others)".

I can't speak for other IXTPs but that's very true for me.

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's the constant cycle of Ti and Fe. The former is what Ti says, and the latter is what Fe says.