"I can hear those wheels spinning in your head!"

"He's analyzing us, but keeping the thoughts to himself."

"cold and calculating"

"heartless bastard" []

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    STPs have "gut logic". they dont reflect, they will hear the argument of 1,2,3,4,5 steps and simply spew out what their gut thinks. no reflection.
    NTPs have "gut logic" powered by superior intuition. they wont really have to think much either, but at least they are pretty damn smart.

yes. i am biased
    Lol, not only are you biased, but you're completely wrong.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Ti is cold, calculating, detached and abstract. I admire it in more objective situations, but when this approach is taken with something that is important to me, it kind of sucks. If I know that's your main function and that's how you take approach to most things, I will try to accept it and not hold judgment or take it too personally. However, if I'm close with the person, I expect closeness and some subjectivity dammit.

Ti alone is a cold, calculating and objective but if you pair it up with Fe I wouldn't think it would get to that extreme, STP/NTPs with balanced levels of Ti and Fe can use Ti to the best of its ability without coming off as "cold".
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.

MBTI
    FREE

I have posed this question to friends of mine, and will post their opinions along with their personality types in the near future. However, it should be noted that such impressions will be of Ti as observed in an INTP male.

Girlfriend (ENFJ) - Uncompromising, intense, cold, logical, rational, one-sided.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Lol, not only are you biased, but you're completely wrong.
    Ti run through Se is gut logic. Based on my experience of interacting with 100's of STPs, it seems to be a likely conclusion. When they are playing with their hands as mechanics or whatever, it is natural "gut level" logic that leads them to simply build connections between objects and processes.

Ti run through Ne, IMO, works completely different. So to talk about Ti in a vacuum is frankly, retarded.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Sorry, the post topic should have said Ti doms. Now that we have that out of the way...
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, even when it's just normal conversation, the Ti is treating everything said as a rational statement meant to be deconstructed. Non-Ti people generally don't work like that.
    Heh I naturally interpret every statement I hear literally.

A) It makes me really suck at small talk. Them: "How is that daughter of yours?" Me: "Good." Then I say nothing else lol.

B) It makes it hard for me to communicate with some really high F people who do who rarely say anything they literally mean. Even when I figure out what they mean, they still don't know what I mean even though I literally mean exactly what I am saying. I don't know how to communicate more clearly than to mean exactly what I say, but I occasionally meet people who have trouble understanding this.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    A) It makes me really suck at small talk. Them: "How is that daughter of yours?" Me: "Good." Then I say nothing else lol.
    Accompanied (for me) by me thinking, "I wonder why she asked me that, what is her purpose here? Was she being sincere? She's not doing anything inconsistent and conversation is within the normal bounds of polite casual interaction, so chances are she was. And while I did say good, my daughter is a composite of strengths and weaknesses including <a, b,c ... z>, I wonder if 'good' was the best nuanced qualifier to assess my daughter..." etc.

Now you get another reason why I avoided interaction for so long. It's exhausting.

When I eventually realized the majority of people remain on the casual level and I was WAY overthinking all this, the rules got reduced to this:

1. Environment: Casual.
    2. Question: Casual
    Thus, 3. Answer: Casual, no more need to think about it, they really didn't want to know a lot more. If they do they'll ask. I typically now would say, "Good" and then throw on a little tag of something she is up to or that she enjoys, to see if they want to go further; if they do, I do; if not, I stop.

But you can see why Ti socializing is laborious, and why, because we actually respond to what was asked -- no more, no less -- and take time to learn the 'social rules of engagement,' people might think we are aloof, or unengaged, or argumentative, or whatever.

B) It makes it hard for me to communicate with some really high F people who do who rarely say anything they literally mean. Even when I figure out what they mean, they still don't know what I mean even though I literally mean exactly what I am saying. I don't know how to communicate more clearly than to mean exactly what I say, but I occasionally meet people who have trouble understanding this.
    To go along with that, it's the illusion of understanding that scares me. Because at this point I've realized that I might think I understood what they meant, but I easily might have been wrong, and there's no good way for me to check, so any conversation I have is fraught with potholes and landmines that might blow up a few weeks from now.

(the majority are not that bad, but I've had a few REALLY bad friendships where I got repeatedly bitten despite my best efforts, and it unnerved me.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    Ti is cold, calculating, detached and abstract. I admire it in more objective situations, but when this approach is taken with something that is important to me, it kind of sucks. If I know that's your main function and that's how you take approach to most things, I will try to accept it and not hold judgment or take it too personally. However, if I'm close with the person, I expect closeness and some subjectivity dammit.
    According to Jungian Lenore Thomson, Ti is actually subjective because it is an individual, perceptual logic vs the universal objectivity of extraverted thinking. In other words, dominant introverted thinkers have a unique way of assessing situations and problems while dominant Te- users adhere to established laws of logic. Not to be nitpicky or anything...