User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Mystic Tater, do you think you might be gay?
    Uhh... No. Trust me, I'm not.

EDIT: Do I give off some sort of gay vibe or something?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

No, no, no, I don't even know you.

But I am always suspect of homophobes as being self-hating homosexuals.

Not to say you are a homophobe.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    No, no, no, I don't even know you.

But I am always suspect of homophobes as being self-hating homosexuals.

Not to say you are a homophobe.
    Understandable. I sometimes wonder that myself.

Trust me, I am quite infatuated with mammaries.

^The above was expressed in the dorkiest fashion possible.

I think I'm just going to go on Youtube and find some homosexuals to watch in order to reprogram my morals (otherwise known as conditioning).

Thanks everyone for the help! Oh man, I knew this was going to be embarrassing...

Ginkgo

Damn, do I always sound this retarded?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    SLI

You don't really sound retarded.
    ISTP (possibly ISFP)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
    You don't really sound retarded.
    Thank you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I think I'm just going to go on Youtube and find some homosexuals to watch in order to reprogram my morals (otherwise known as conditioning).
    Hmmm...I still think this kind of thinking is at the heart of homophobia. It's just the reversed version. Instead of "othering" homosexuals in order to stigmatize and cast aspersions on them, you (not you personally, but a general you) "other" them in order to hopefully glean something from being around them. It's an essentialization of homosexuals.

I think CC gave some good advice when she said that you need to look at individuals in terms of their whole selves, and not in terms of some artificial marker like "homosexual." The point is that the only reason you even have the vocabulary to identify people as "gay" is because such vocabulary has been imposed on you from the society in which you live. If homosexuality were not such a prominent issue, we might not even notice enough to have the word "gay" in our lexicon. It might not have occurred to us to categorize people in such a way.

So do you see what I'm saying? Recognizing that the vocabulary is not natural should remove the entire categorization scheme. To continue "looking up gays on YouTube" is to perpetuate the vocabulary and continue to naturalize the categorization of humans into "gay" and "straight."

Anyway, that's just my opinion on the matter (informed by years of indoctrination into the opinions of the liberal arts branch of the academy), so take it with a grain of salt. It's just my justification for doubting the efficacy of your YouTube method in removing traces of "homophobia" from your Fi.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Addressing the concept of a Fi-dom changing beliefs...

If I question a feeling of mine, I gather more outside info & form various theories with is (Ne what-ifs). I admit this sometimes means I focus on info that supports the belief I already hold, but that doesn't mean I dismiss counter evidence. If I don't find enough info or a satisfying argument to satisfy my doubt, then I probably revise my belief, but it stays within the general construct of my value system (the principles that belief was based on may remain). This is how I don't let popular external beliefs totally blind me.

My entire value system cannot be crumbled by one belief adjustment. This means any revising to the whole system is done very methodically, and I'm not going to reject & reform my entire mindset in one swoop. I think this is mostly a positive thing, because you won't see me adopting views of the masses just because they are the beliefs du jour. On the other hand, if I have damaging beliefs (which for me, would probably be ones related to social anxiety), then the slow moving process is a frustrating one. It's baby steps, and I have to make sure to continually reinforce the thoughts that move me forward and dispel the ones that hold me back. It's easy to slip back into the old frame of mind otherwise.

Anyway, I hope that helps you address your own thought and belief-forming process so you can feel more in control of your values and feelings.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Was just quoting this song elsewhere, but it fits here as well ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Great Big Sea - Consequence Free
    I could really use, to lose my Catholic conscience
    'cause I'm getting sick of feeling guilty all the time
    I won't abuse it, Yeah I've got the best intentions
    For a little bit of anarchy but not the hurting kind
    In terms of HOW to replace a moral? Only real ways I know of are to either deconstruct it in such detail that yeu notice all the inconsistancies or flaws with the reasoning, which just makes yeu disgusted with the concept and yeu inherantly won't really care for it anymore, but it requires a very intense understanding of it, and assumes that the moral is flawed to start with. The second method I've noticed is to just overwrite it with a conflicting moral that yeu emphasize more. Yeu may still feel bad of the original moral, but it will gradually be phazed out.

This second method is actually referanced in this thread here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...smart-way.html

It's not actually a quote about debunking atheists, it actually just is a description of whot the mind goes through when changing from one moral belief to another. The reverse, an atheist giving up their morals in exchange for a religion's, would be the exact same process and look practically identical.

Hope some of this helps somehow =3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hey, guy, do you still want this moved?

(In the future, just "Report the Post" and the modstaff will get a message alerting us to your request.)

.... as far as the OP, I don't think religious beliefs are necessarily Fi, I think in many cases it is more Fe -- rules on how to relate to other people within a particular subculture/community, NOT rules on how to be one's own person... I think Fi is actually contradictory to organized religion and fights against control by external values... so to be honest, Fe is what you're thinking, if anything -- and sometimes it can even be a Te sort of approach. (Lots of religious theology is pushed via Te-style methods and logic.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft