• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Te + Ne

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An angry ENFP or ESTJ.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*raises hand*

My top three functions are Ne, Te, Fe (sometimes TeNeFe, FeNeTe, or NeFeTe, but yeah...)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
My top three: Ti > Te = Ne.

I tend to think a lot to myself, and then I can't shut up about my thoughts. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Moved from OTHER Psychology Topics to MBTI, Enneagram, and Other Personality Matrices.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm I am sure you can have that combination without being ENTx.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
A force to be reckoned with, a whirlwind of thought and ideas but without an anchor.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think not. I know my Ne/Te/Fe combo makes me very grounded. It means not only do I have ideas, but I make plans to make them work and am careful about how that effects others. I mean, not always, I make huge, gaping errors at times, but...it can be useful. :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Little linguist should just admit that shes ENFJ for once and for all.

what settled it was the hobbies thread i read through the other day: most Js it seems are extremely lazy about hobbies, which you admitted to.

1. Ur ENFJ

2. UR "Ne" is just Se in the child position used for silliness (think of the comedian ENTJs who use silly Se)

3. ur confusion of Fe with Fe/Si is probably driving this confusion.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D That raises an interesting question of what exactly differentiates Ne from Se, which is relevant for answering this question.

And yes, it does seem that my Se/Ne weirdness/silliness/bizarre behavior comes out only when I have free time and am comfy. It is not a component of my work (which incorporates a great deal of my time) or my free time generally.

Usually, as a release, if that makes sense. But then you guys only see me when I'm 'chilling' and 'being silly.'

Exception: When I notice my students are kind of finding grammar points dull, I have a 'burst of energy' to wake them up, which generally shocks them and makes them laugh. heheehehehhe

I mean, hell, just check out my evaluation from my former employer. Does that sound like an ENFP to you? :D

Oh God, I'm an ESFJ! :D

Ah well, whatever...It's all good! :D

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm voting (semi-)organised ENFP.

Nonchalantly reinventing established theory by injecting enthusiastic doubt is a hallmark.

And your essence is now labelled.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
:D That raises an interesting question of what exactly differentiates Ne from Se, which is relevant for answering this question.

Ne is about possibilities, about 'what if' - you shake things up to see what emerges if something like somewhat inferior Si starts getting you confused, Se is about responding (internally or externally) to your environment (I'm much less clued up on this).

Fuzzy, responsive, abstract logic Vs empirical sensuality and blunt reactions.

lamp

LL's tendency to growl strikes me as possible Se

however, INTJs are usually correct . . . not to slight BC :]

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well *nervous giggle* I just had an interesting chat in Vent, where people said that I'm probably dominant Fe (which looks like Te) and possibly also fairly good in other judging functions. It might be supplemented more with Ni than Ne, and the Se is used as relief, resulting in weird sounds and RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

haha, no but seriously. It's an interesting perspective that I'd like to explore further.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An angry ENFP or ESTJ.

I don't think so anymore. I used to wonder if strong Te made an ENFP more "angry" or aggressive (and ESTJ-like), but the tertiary is more about childlike innocense and vulnerability. They would more likely use Te in looking up to someone else's achievements, following someone's lead, or organizing space and other things for "relief" as Berens calls it.
For the ESTJ, Ne would of course be associated with less directive behavior.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Changed my mind.

On the one hand, LL, you sound like a friend of mine who also makes up all sorts of interesting and exciting versions of the wheel, ENFP, but on the other, you sound a lot like Saslou too. But not like Protean.

So, in summary, no one's going to find out the answer until you actually give a damn about finding out for yourself.

Therefore ESFJ.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So, in summary, no one's going to find out the answer until you actually give a damn about finding out for yourself.

So true.

So true.

Therefore ESFJ.

Ah.....

My vote is for a chameleon ENFJ.

Well *nervous giggle* I just had an interesting chat in Vent, where people said that I'm probably dominant Fe (which looks like Te)....

Yes.

As you know, I was one of those people.

I can smell Fe's breath from a mile away. ---LOL ;)

J/K Linguist. :)