User Tag List

123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default INTP's and developping Fi.

I've personally experienced a hardship after which I pretty much dropped Fe and effectively became 'unemotional'. Not really a sociopath, although I suppose I appeared as one.

By focusing more on Ne, and neglecting my Ti (because Ti was too hard to fool). And ofcourse usage of alcohol (So I didn't have to bother with Ti), I thought was the only way of dealing with the trauma. Since using Fe would just be like a bomb going off and ultimatly I wanted to prevent myself from doing more harm. However, I did feel like I just wanted to be 'along for the ride'. Essentially unexistant. I wanted to be a shadow amongst people.

After some time, in a rather confronting situation (approximatly 2 years after the traumatizing event) the realization came that I really needed to change.

This is when I developped a strong Fi over the course of a year in order to put everything back into perspective and align myself once more to society. Now, I had no knowledge of cognative functions at the time, this was a natural process for me. But by starting focusing inwards, feeding an internal 'scale of justice' with my Ti-Ne. Processing information with the aim to live a better life. As well as the realization that Ti-Ne is not infallable. And that life is too short to live solely by facts. I felt I had to fill in enough gaps with Fi. So I did, dealt with the trauma and ever feeling awesome and great now. Within reason ofcourse. As far as my Ti allows.

I notice much more INTP's with a high Fi as well, and wondered if they too got it, due to dealing with hardship?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i didnt think intps could ever use Fi because it's their last function.
    i dont know. ask solitary walker.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

It's my third strongest cognative function. :P

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.8)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.7)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.3)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.5)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (44)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********* (9.5)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42.9)
    excellent use

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

perhaps you've been brought up with Fi values. you obviously value Fi (i think), so you mimic it.... ?
    sorry, i dont even know why im posting on this subject
    i just want attention

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ehh no, I wasn't brought up with Fi values at all. My father is ESTJ and my mother ENTJ. And I have an ENTP brother and an ESFJ sister.

If anything, I didn't mimic a damned thing. :P

I was living a seriously unhealthy life and knew I needed to change. Using Fi was the only option I think. :P

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

sometimes i feel that finally being intune with my own emotions is the antidote to my curse.
    anyway, both my F scores are rock bottom. by Ti and Ne are both really strong and practically equal. because of this i find that i attract people very easily and it goes along easily until they want more... then i hit a wall and hurt someone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fi doesn't help much with social interaction either though. But you have a high Ne, and that should be enough?

You can mimick Fe, but (probably due to my Fi) I can't get myself to mimick Fe in relationships that matter to me. I only mimick it for business, towards customers, etc. For work basicly.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Fi doesn't help much with social interaction either though. But you have a high Ne, and that should be enough?
    in the begining. think dexter:
    "[My S.O] wants me to take it to the next level. Problem is i don't have a next level"

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    i didnt think intps could ever use Fi because it's their last function.
    i dont know. ask solitary walker.
    My bet is he'll tell you that INTPs use Fe, but it appears very introverted due to the strong introverted tendencies of the INTP.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I notice much more INTP's with a high Fi as well, and wondered if they too got it, due to dealing with hardship?
    I'm 40. I really had no real Fi until the last two years of my life. It is only because I had to make a really really difficult life choice to honor my self-identity and make tremendously large changes in my life, because I was dying otherwise.

Until that point, I kept trying to logic through it. Finally my logic led me to the notion that I had to honor who I was. And it told me I had to have my own valueset. And it told me I had to finally know who I was and become my own person instead of constantly trying to be logical or trying to always honor everyone else's needs above my own.

This act of learning to honor the self is Fi-intensive. Basically, I had to accept that there were things I wanted and valued that, even if I couldn't intellectually justify them, they were valued and needed to be honored anyway. They were ends in themselves.

But if I had not been on the verge of death, I doubt I would have had enough desperation and courage to accept them as intrinsic truths for me. I cannot justify what I needed and what I valued. Those things just were. Finally I accepted that, and made changes to accommodate them.

Until that point in my life, I consistently ignored my own feelings. I had trouble making decisions and having preferences. I was often ambivalent. It was funny that after I made this change in my orientation, I also felt more alive and happier and unique as a person. I finally had opinions of my own. In the past, Ti had squelched them.

So yeah, I think with any type, often hardship is the only thing that forces us to go beyond the bounds of our natural self and learn other methods of dealing. Adversity is good for us.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft