• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Testing F -ness

Would you Keep or Dump (see question in 1st post)

• I'm female - Dump

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • I'm female - Keep

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I'm male - Dump

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I'm male - Keep

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • I'm not playing but I want to see the answer....

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is for NF's - thought police won't move it back.

If you were madly in love with someone, but also knew that there was no longevity in the relationship (for whatever the reason) would you keep going out with them or dump them?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Moved to MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices

I'm not sure how this is going to test Tness and Fness...by seeing if Fs will stay with someone that has no future, while Ts will dump? Are you trying to measure compassion or something? I don't think that's a characteristic of T and F.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Moved to MBTI (tm), Enneagram, and other personality matrices

I'm not sure how this is going to test Tness and Fness...by seeing if Fs will stay with someone that has no future, while Ts will dump? Are you trying to measure compassion or something? I don't think that's a characteristic of T and F.

PLEASE see my PM reply... these actually are differet and measuring the difference between NT and NF

P

Phantonym

I would dump them. It wouldn't be an easy decision, though. But I see it as wasting time. My time, their time. Wasting energy on something that has no future would be meaningless and I can't stand being involved in something that has no meaning for me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ interesting...if i was mad about them i'd want to spend what time i could and deal with the pain after.

P

Phantonym

^^ interesting...if i was mad about them i'd want to spend what time i could and deal with the pain after.

It depends on the circumstances and the reasons why I wouldn't believe that the relationship will last.
I mean, if the reason is the other party's lack of feelings for me and no chance of ever having those feelings, there is no point in holding on to it. It's like quickly ripping off a bandaid, it will sting at first but it would hurt much more when you slowly try to remove it i.e. keep lingering on the relationship even though it would seem to be fulfilling at first. That way I'd only be deluding myself and thus, wasting precious time when I could actually be in a relationship that has longevity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh right yeah...i was imagining some scenario where the person i loved was going to die or have to move away or something.

P

Phantonym

oh right yeah...i was imagining some scenario where the person i loved was going to die or have to move away or something.

In that case I would definitely keep on to that relationship. No doubt about that. :cry:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be more interested in seeing the difference between T vs. F balanced against S vs. N.

(i.e., would the concrete tangibility of S have any impact vs the big picture sense of N?)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be more interested in seeing the difference between T vs. F balanced against S vs. N.

(i.e., would the concrete tangibility of S have any impact vs the big picture sense of N?)

right...good point.
because i'm pretty sure my isfj sister would answer differently.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I'd be more interested in seeing the difference between T vs. F balanced again S vs. N.

I'm under the impression Tinkerbell doesn't want sensors fouling up her carefully constructed test.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm under the impression Tinkerbell doesn't want sensors fouling up her carefully constructed test.

yea cos the purpose of this was to see how NT v's NFs worked....

It can be repeated for ST and SF if there is a split... and one NT has already posted on here... THANKS! grumble grumble

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't vote because I can't answer the question without more information :)
The reason why the relationship wasn't going to last would be crucial... if something was going to separate us that was outside our power, such as a terminal illness, then I would not dump. But if the other person made a decision that was going to cause the relationship to end at some foreseeable point, such as moving, then I would dump.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I apprecaite that some of you feel you need more information, but I'm not really going to provide much mroe information.

If we assume that your partner loves you..... you love them but you can't see yourself married, living together or having kids etc etc (as appropriate to your life stage).

A few examples

Say you have been planning to travel to Asha, Austrailia and Europe for 12 months and due to leave in January, the tickets are bought and the itinary routed. You met someone in June and are really getting into them, you are both madly in love so on an emotional level they are great but you are going to be away for 12 months - Keep or Dump

An alternative is that you really love a person and have been seeing them for over a year, they have to move for work reasons, their ideal job has been offered to them and they are moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and it would have serious impact on your life if you were to move - you don't want to relocate but still love them.... Keep or Dump?

The bigger picture do you make relationships decisions with your head or heart?

P

Phantonym

Say you have been planning to travel to Asha, Austrailia and Europe for 12 months and due to leave in January, the tickets are bought and the itinary routed. You met someone in June and are really getting into them, you are both madly in love so on an emotional level they are great but you are going to be away for 12 months - Keep or Dump

I'd probably leave the options open. State that there are no obligations for both parties and go on that trip and see afterwards if the relationship was strong enough to begin with. All that "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were" thing.

An alternative is that you really love a person and have been seeing them for over a year, they have to move for work reasons, their ideal job has been offered to them and they are moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and it would have serious impact on your life if you were to move - you don't want to relocate but still love them.... Keep or Dump?

Oooh, tricky. Well, I certainly wouldn't dump them because of that. Most probably I'd work out something that could work for both of us.

The bigger picture do you make relationships decisions with your head or heart?

Based on the examples, I would say - headheart. Both are certainly involved in the decisionmaking.

This is a decision that cannot be hypothesized about. It really depends on the circumstances. And no matter how much you think about it, you still might end up doing the exact opposite and go with the flow at that particualar moment when you're standing at a crossroad and have to choose the direction.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Too many possibilities. Cannot vote as each situation comes with a specific set of variables that would heavily influence my decision.

A better test would provide a highly complex scenario with many factors involved where neither "keep" nor "dump" is the obvious choice, forcing the participant the think and make a decision that would more accurately reflect their personality tendencies.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is for NF's - thought police won't move it back.

If you were madly in love with someone, but also knew that there was no longevity in the relationship (for whatever the reason) would you keep going out with them or dump them?

That would be a most definite, resonant, reassured dump. No questions, no worries. Dump. Oh, did I say dump? Because I meant dump.