User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you Keep or Dump (see question in 1st post)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female - Dump

7 24.14%
  • I'm female - Keep

5 17.24%
  • I'm male - Dump

3 10.34%
  • I'm male - Keep

3 10.34%
  • I'm not playing but I want to see the answer....

11 37.93%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Testing F -ness

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ahh, missed the 'if you were madly in love with someone'.

But chances are it'd not work out. Apart from anything people fall 'madly in love' all the time and two thirds of the time it ends up terrible.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I would be honest with them first and communicate about it. Love is not a feeling for me, although it can produce feelings. Love is being strong and able to care about another person enough to make a decision in their best interest regardless of its emotional impact on me.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

But if you are madly in love with someone, you want to look out for that person's best interest; not your own. Otherwise, it's just infatuation. And if you're going to lead someone on due to infatuation, it's time to take a break from the dating scene, mature a little, and return later on.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I would break up with him if I determined there was no chance of a future together. I am looking for a permanent partner.

However....

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    A few examples

Say you have been planning to travel to Asha, Austrailia and Europe for 12 months and due to leave in January, the tickets are bought and the itinary routed. You met someone in June and are really getting into them, you are both madly in love so on an emotional level they are great but you are going to be away for 12 months - Keep or Dump

An alternative is that you really love a person and have been seeing them for over a year, they have to move for work reasons, their ideal job has been offered to them and they are moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and it would have serious impact on your life if you were to move - you don't want to relocate but still love them.... Keep or Dump?
    These are matters of circumstance. I got the impression that the person did not want to a long term relationship. If the desire and commitment is there, then things like location and plans can often be worked out, IMO.

If I was really in love with someone, then I could wait a year for them, or find some other solution (bring them along on the trip?). The second situation suggests that the person has not factored me into their longterm plans, and that would give me pause as to whether they were really committed. So I probably would end the relationship.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    This is for NF's - thought police won't move it back.

If you were madly in love with someone, but also knew that there was no longevity in the relationship (for whatever the reason) would you keep going out with them or dump them?
    I've had this experience. And I dumped him, as painful as it was.

Edit: Uh...I was framing my answer in terms of my being 100% into the longevity factor, and he not being so, and my knowing that's not going to change. And if *I* was the one who knew I'd be going away and thus longterm wasn't going to happen, I wouldn't even get into it in the first place - I wouldn't rope him into feelings and a dynamic I knew I couldn't sustain or wouldn't amount to anything in the long run.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Ginkgo

The context of the situation is highly involved here... but I would normally dump them.

Well, no. I wouldn't even engage with the relationship to start with. (Just because I love someone doesn't mean I'm already with them.

I would probably just love them from afar... sigh.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Yeah, but I still maintain that holding on to someone for your own gratification to the detriment of the other person in the long run is a sign of immaturity, irresponsibility, lack of feeling, lack of thought, lack of thinking things through, lack of foresight, lack of being humane, lack of love, lack of...

Well, you get my point.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Yeah, but I still maintain that holding on to someone for your own gratification to the detriment of the other person in the long run is a sign of immaturity, irresponsibility, lack of feeling, lack of thought, lack of thinking things through, lack of foresight, lack of being humane, lack of love, lack of...

Well, you get my point.
    LL - I'm actually loving your input on this, it's so intense and it seems to have a degree of quandry for you (which is what the question is intending to do - these things are never clear cut).

On the other thread you quote Jennifer, who said her instinct was to dump, but as she has got older she is much more inclined to keep with vague ends.

I guess with this question it bois down to - does a relationship need to have longevity to be of value to you. When ever I've asked this question to a group of NT/F's the NT's almost without hesitation dump, the NF's either quirm or keep.... It's a really easy way to just get a feel of if someone is a T or an F type - the thinking cycle is quite different. I guess it's asking an emo question directly... even as a fully teen I was a T type - loud and clear... This song captures the dicotomy perfectly (with an F type ending)

YouTube - Chris De Burgh The head and the heart

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Keep it going, for sure. So long as they saw the benefit in it as well and understood the terms. I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to express love if I felt love.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    intp

I immediately thought of someone who's dying of cancer or something like that... And answered that I'd keep them. Well, of course, if I was madly in love with them! Dumping a dying SO would be horrible But if I was madly and irrationally in love with a violent drug-abuser, pedophile and criminal, then I would hopefully have the common sense to dump them.