User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you Keep or Dump (see question in 1st post)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female - Dump

7 24.14%
  • I'm female - Keep

5 17.24%
  • I'm male - Dump

3 10.34%
  • I'm male - Keep

3 10.34%
  • I'm not playing but I want to see the answer....

11 37.93%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Testing F -ness

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That's a weird question.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd be more interested in seeing the difference between T vs. F balanced against S vs. N.

(i.e., would the concrete tangibility of S have any impact vs the big picture sense of N?)
    right...good point.
    because i'm pretty sure my isfj sister would answer differently.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd be more interested in seeing the difference between T vs. F balanced again S vs. N.

(i.e., would the concrete tangibility of S have any impact vs the big picture sense of N?)
    I'm under the impression Tinkerbell doesn't want sensors fouling up her carefully constructed test.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm under the impression Tinkerbell doesn't want sensors fouling up her carefully constructed test.
    yea cos the purpose of this was to see how NT v's NFs worked....

It can be repeated for ST and SF if there is a split... and one NT has already posted on here... THANKS! grumble grumble

Enneagram
    1w2

Nope. It's here and here to stay.

Thanks!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I didn't vote because I can't answer the question without more information
    The reason why the relationship wasn't going to last would be crucial... if something was going to separate us that was outside our power, such as a terminal illness, then I would not dump. But if the other person made a decision that was going to cause the relationship to end at some foreseeable point, such as moving, then I would dump.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    ENTP

I apprecaite that some of you feel you need more information, but I'm not really going to provide much mroe information.

If we assume that your partner loves you..... you love them but you can't see yourself married, living together or having kids etc etc (as appropriate to your life stage).

A few examples

Say you have been planning to travel to Asha, Austrailia and Europe for 12 months and due to leave in January, the tickets are bought and the itinary routed. You met someone in June and are really getting into them, you are both madly in love so on an emotional level they are great but you are going to be away for 12 months - Keep or Dump

An alternative is that you really love a person and have been seeing them for over a year, they have to move for work reasons, their ideal job has been offered to them and they are moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and it would have serious impact on your life if you were to move - you don't want to relocate but still love them.... Keep or Dump?

The bigger picture do you make relationships decisions with your head or heart?

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Say you have been planning to travel to Asha, Austrailia and Europe for 12 months and due to leave in January, the tickets are bought and the itinary routed. You met someone in June and are really getting into them, you are both madly in love so on an emotional level they are great but you are going to be away for 12 months - Keep or Dump
    I'd probably leave the options open. State that there are no obligations for both parties and go on that trip and see afterwards if the relationship was strong enough to begin with. All that "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were" thing.

An alternative is that you really love a person and have been seeing them for over a year, they have to move for work reasons, their ideal job has been offered to them and they are moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and it would have serious impact on your life if you were to move - you don't want to relocate but still love them.... Keep or Dump?
    Oooh, tricky. Well, I certainly wouldn't dump them because of that. Most probably I'd work out something that could work for both of us.

The bigger picture do you make relationships decisions with your head or heart?
    Based on the examples, I would say - headheart. Both are certainly involved in the decisionmaking.

This is a decision that cannot be hypothesized about. It really depends on the circumstances. And no matter how much you think about it, you still might end up doing the exact opposite and go with the flow at that particualar moment when you're standing at a crossroad and have to choose the direction.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Too many possibilities. Cannot vote as each situation comes with a specific set of variables that would heavily influence my decision.

A better test would provide a highly complex scenario with many factors involved where neither "keep" nor "dump" is the obvious choice, forcing the participant the think and make a decision that would more accurately reflect their personality tendencies.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    This is for NF's - thought police won't move it back.

If you were madly in love with someone, but also knew that there was no longevity in the relationship (for whatever the reason) would you keep going out with them or dump them?
    That would be a most definite, resonant, reassured dump. No questions, no worries. Dump. Oh, did I say dump? Because I meant dump.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.