User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you Keep or Dump (see question in 1st post)

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female - Dump

9 25.00%
  • I'm female - Keep

4 11.11%
  • I'm Male - Dump

13 36.11%
  • I'm Male - Keep

4 11.11%
  • I'm not playing but I want to see the answer....

6 16.67%
First 234

Thread: Testing T -ness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I'd say that the hurt will be positively proportional to the legnth of time spent with that person, so I'd say dump.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Does P/J ever come into play, because I doubt I would ever be able to come to a conclusion that there was absolutely no chance of longevity in the relationship?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Does P/J ever come into play, because I doubt I would ever be able to come to a conclusion that there was absolutely no chance of longevity in the relationship?
    To be honest with you its pretty specific to NT/NF's because I suspect the N makes things more idealistic for both.

Your an INTP you love them, they love you - they have to move to hickville to live and work, you know in your bones you wont want to live in hickvill for at least 12 years while you do the things in life you want to do.....

Of course there is a chance of longevity, but hickvill will cost you $150 in travel to get there... you can add to that pile of difficulties.... So you have 12 year commute to see this person before you will be with them

MBTI
    INTP

I know I am being difficult (just like in real life) but I would probably commute for a few years. Then I would be so pissed off about having to make that drive every time that it would start to bleed over into the relationship and we would have a huge fight and then end up breaking up. So I guess that makes my answer - I'm male and dump. But I would drag it out so that it would be the most painful for all parties involved.

MBTI
    ENTP

But I would drag it out so that it would be the most painful for all parties involved.

Ahhhhh spoken like a real man... I might be sounding a tiny wee bit cinical

MBTI
    INTP

Represent!!! *flashes gang sign

Not sure that is really a man thing though. I swear it is P/J. It would just take a lot for me to leave a relationship. Or come to the conclusion that there was no chance of it working out.

MBTI
    ENTP

Represent!!! *flashes gang sign

Not sure that is really a man thing though. I swear it is P/J. It would just take a lot for me to leave a relationship. Or come to the conclusion that there was no chance of it working out.
    LOL I was teasing, but yes I think sometime men fall into two camps = pretty brutal, or seriously unable to confront hard truths...

I think INTP's specifically have issues around converting thinking into action. I'm a die hard P type and I can very easily make a decision and implimnet it... but I know INTP's can murder themselves in the sfting information to get to the point of makign a decision... I don't think that is true of all P's

I highly doubt it would be possible for me to have fallen madly in love with the woman in the first place if I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to work out long-term. However, if I was already to that point and then found out it wasn't going to last, I'd rationalize myself through the fear and keep the gold for as long as I could. The fear of being hurt by our splitting up wouldn't dissuade me much, but I also wouldn't be willing to make huge sacrifices in terms of opportunities in order to continue on with something that I know will end soon. In that case, I'd only cut her out if being with her caused me to give up something else that was very important to me.