User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you Keep or Dump (see question in 1st post)

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm female - Dump

9 25.00%
  • I'm female - Keep

4 11.11%
  • I'm Male - Dump

13 36.11%
  • I'm Male - Keep

4 11.11%
  • I'm not playing but I want to see the answer....

6 16.67%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Testing T -ness

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Your intenral voice is saying they are not for you long term, or they are moving away or you are moving away, or the 300+ other reasons there is no longevity...

At some point in a relationship unless you commit you mak the decision that person is not for you (or they do), it doens't mean you dislike them or anything just not for you

Well if that person is not really for me then I doubt I would be with that person in the first place. By this I mean that the entire thing would probably collapse even before it comes to something life this.

On the other hand if you are moving away and you know that the person can't come with you that means that you have already dumped the person. (technically speaking)

And if they are going away and you can't come that means you got dumped.
    What would mean that there was no "madly in love" factor in the first place.

But I have never been in a relationship so I not in a position to say anything about this actually.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ Yes. INTJs are very picky about a relationship with someone. We would never go into one unless we are sure there won't be any problems in the future.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I'd dump because if we can't work off of the assumption of potential longevity, whether that potential is realized or not, then I see no point in continuing. It's like saying, "hmmm, let's see each other until September 22, 2009, at which point I will have to leave and probably never see you again." That's just stupid, and even if I staid until the very last minute with that person, it wouldn't be enjoyable because I wouldn't want to further attach myself (to minimize pain in separation).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    TOTO

This is a trick question- madly in love!
    Hah!

That's not compatible with my brain's computing system!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Donno how this question works at all. What is the goal of your relationship? what if you don't actually care whether it lasts or not, are we assuming that you are after a long term relationship?

I would have thought the better test would be to say that you have a lover that you don't love anymore, but they madly love you. Dump or Keep?

...But I don't know if that would do it either.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Donno how this question works at all. What is the goal of your relationship? what if you don't actually care whether it lasts or not, are we assuming that you are after a long term relationship?

I would have thought the better test would be to say that you have a lover that you don't love anymore, but they madly love you. Dump or Keep?

...But I don't know if that would do it either.
    I think the point is to find out whether Ts would decide against their feelings in cases where it is "senseless" to remain in a relationship. So even though you feel exceedingly attached, you don't want to continue the relationship because you know that he/she is going away and there is no long term potential. Long term potential = sensible investment (in this scenario). So yeah, you have to assume that it is your intention to have a long term relationship. If you didn't, then there would be no reason why you'd even need to choose as your partner's imminent departure would cause no problem.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Errrm. Well, I put keep because I never look for long term relationships, so it's perfectly fine with me. I probably would be the one asking for no long term actually.

That sounded weird, I mean, probably, most of the time, I don't look for one. I'm way too young to be settled down.
    I like Thirty-eights revolving like the sun round the Earth.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ Yes. INTJs are very picky about a relationship with someone. We would never go into one unless we are sure there won't be any problems in the future.
    Then I guess you wouldn't ever go into one at all Relationships are never guaranteed to be problem-free! I've been married over 4 years, am very happily married, but that doesn't mean it's easy or without difficulties. Such is life...

As far as not going into one where you know there are or will be deal-breakers, though, I can see what you mean. I would not have stayed in a relationship when I knew or found out a deal-breaker existed.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

If I have nothing to lose by staying, why would I make any decision? If there's likelihood of a relationship with a future if I leave this one, I'd leave. I voted with the assumption that this is what you meant.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Keep, but not get heavily invested. Much like raising a pig you know is going to be killed for Sunday lunch.