User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Type & preference Q&A

Many people haven't learned the reasoning some other types go through, so they have a loads of whys and whys. Why do you Exxx do these things that way? Why do you J's plan that much? Etc. Others think they've got the idea why the opposite type acts like the way it acts, but they seek confirmation for their theories.

Questions? -Direct your questions to someone of specific type, concise group of types, or people of certain preference.

Answers? Quote the question, or include it in your answer.

I'll ask first. (I don't need to be converted to J-belief, so don't try to convert me. I'm a J.)

Q: You J, what significance does "planning" have in your life?

Q: J, why do you try to get a little things fixed before anything, say, color of flowers prior to wedding reception? Time you'll leave from the cinema? Anything?

Add your own questions. Address them to specific people, like those who think of themselves as SJ, or T, or EF, or anything.

If you can, answer what's been asked. Try to give a definite answer - one that could go in a dictionary, or thesaurus.
    Last edited by UnitOfPopulation; 09-18-2009 at 01:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Ask me questions, people!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Ask me questions, people!
    How come I can't get no Tang round here?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    How come I can't get no Tang round here?
    Um... probably because you're on the wrong site? Allow me to redirect you.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ

ESTP: Do you cancel a lot of meetings with your friends? If you do cancel, what does it mean?

ESTP: Would it be hard for you to admit you don't want to spend time with an old friend anymore?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

ETJs (Or at least in my experience with ETJs): How does being Type A feel? Can you teach me how?
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    ESTP: Do you cancel a lot of meetings with your friends? If you do cancel, what does it mean?
    haha, oh man. Am I guessing prior experience plays into this question?

It really depends on when you catch me. I tend to be kinda flaky alot. Sometimes I just end up doing something else instead. I really like to hang out with friends though so I try to do that whenever possible. If I do cancel it just means I wanted to do something else instead. I never hold grudges and I love hanging out with anybody and everybody, so it's not a drama thing. Unless you're really negative and constantly dogging on me. Then I probably will end up avoiding you.

ESTP: Would it be hard for you to admit you don't want to spend time with an old friend anymore?
    What old friend would I not want to spend time with anymore?

Actually I do kinda have an issue like this with my best friend. I don't know what it is but we don't seem to click like we used to. At one phase in my life we had the same sense of humor and eccentric view of life (I was going through an N phase, it seems) but now even though he's still like that, I'm not, and he talks abstractly and I can't follow. He's also turned into somewhat of a jerk, which he admits to (when he read his MBTI description, he kept asking where the part was about being an asshole :yim_rolling_on_the_) and anal. Seems to want me to either commit to things or be more reflective which I can't do.

He's told me that he feels like I don't want to really spend time with him anymore. I don't like to admit that at all but I'm beginning to wonder how true that is. I like to be a great friend and everything, but it's hard when half the time he's complaining about something and the other half he's talking about things I don't exactly think are funny. I guess it makes me wonder, have I turned into a jerk, too? :eek:

I guess I just don't like to think about those kinds of things very much. I keep it all on a somewhat superficial level, and thinking about deep relationship issues just freaks me out. I usually explain away my "avoidance" of him as being circumstantially related but then later wonder if he was right about it.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    ETJs (Or at least in my experience with ETJs): How does being Type A feel? Can you teach me how?
    I'm a slightly A-type ENTJ, and it feels like I have stuff to do. I'm ever calculating what I'll get from a given task, and I look towards it. It might be a month of living nicely, but even if it was a nice month, I'd be asking: what will (did) I get from it, apart from the nice feeling? Did I save or accomplish anything, and how does it compare to my set schedule? (Like, graduating in half a year).

If you'd like to learn, start from new tasks you're considering. Compare your happiness now, trouble doing the task, happiness gained after finishing the task. If it's a task to reduce misery, then compare that. Learn to instinctively do the tasks that lead to greater total happiness, even if they started out with bad parts. You start these from easy tasks and move on to bigger tasks, until you trust your skills in evaluating all that.

There's no reason to get more A than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Question: Often in a planning situation, in my attempt to brainstorm, trying to be creative, free, etc, I'm unable to not think about my already established plans. It's also difficult for me not to judge my own thoughts immediately (I'll do it / I won't do it). What type (or preference) should I ask advice about this? I'd like to engage in free thinking with as little judgement and commitment bias as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Question: Often in a planning situation, in my attempt to brainstorm, trying to be creative, free, etc, I'm unable to not think about my already established plans. It's also difficult for me not to judge my own thoughts immediately (I'll do it / I won't do it). What type (or preference) should I ask advice about this? I'd like to engage in free thinking with as little judgement and commitment bias as possible.
    You need a big serving of Ne with a side of Ne and some Ne on top.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"