User Tag List

First 123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Question: Often in a planning situation, in my attempt to brainstorm, trying to be creative, free, etc, I'm unable to not think about my already established plans. It's also difficult for me not to judge my own thoughts immediately (I'll do it / I won't do it). -- -- I'd like to engage in free thinking with as little judgement and commitment bias as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You need a big serving of Ne with a side of Ne and some Ne on top.
    Q: ENxP, can you recommend an exercise that lets me develop something like that in there? I wouldn't have more than few hours a week for that, I'm too busy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

On second thought, I was probably just being negative. There are a lot of ways in which my best friend and I get along, it's just not quite the same as it used to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I'm a slightly A-type ENTJ, and it feels like I have stuff to do. I'm ever calculating what I'll get from a given task, and I look towards it. It might be a month of living nicely, but even if it was a nice month, I'd be asking: what will (did) I get from it, apart from the nice feeling? Did I save or accomplish anything, and how does it compare to my set schedule? (Like, graduating in half a year).

If you'd like to learn, start from new tasks you're considering. Compare your happiness now, trouble doing the task, happiness gained after finishing the task. If it's a task to reduce misery, then compare that. Learn to instinctively do the tasks that lead to greater total happiness, even if they started out with bad parts. You start these from easy tasks and move on to bigger tasks, until you trust your skills in evaluating all that.

There's no reason to get more A than that.
    I don't think I could ever approach life like that... I generally just drift towards activities that I know are going to give me the greatest amount of happiness by instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    You need a big serving of Ne with a side of Ne and some Ne on top.
    Or maybe Se! Although that would probably be harder for you to develop, I guess.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I don't think I could ever approach life like that... I generally just drift towards activities that I know are going to give me the greatest amount of happiness by instinct.
    Immediate or delayed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Immediate or delayed?
    Both. There has to be immediate pleasure too or it doesn't seem worth it.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ

For me too. Sometimes I have to look from another angle to find the pleasure. Or, cheat my way through, reward myself or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    ETJs (Or at least in my experience with ETJs): How does being Type A feel?
    Depends: if I've got a lot of stuff to do, great. If I don't have much to do, quite bad, since I'll get nervous.

Can you teach me how?
    I believe it's an inborn neurological/neurochemical condtion, actually.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Q: ENxP, can you recommend an exercise that lets me develop something like that in there? I wouldn't have more than few hours a week for that, I'm too busy.
    Here is what I would recommend. First try to brainstorm with an ENxP type. Let them come up with an initial idea first. Go in with the attitude that they are going to come up with the best idea possible and that you want to understand their idea as fully as possible. Once they have described their idea as fully as they understand it, then try to think of a way to make their idea better. If it's an ENxP they will probably start adding onto whatever you said, and you can go like this back and forth trying to make the idea as good as possible.

Make sure they come up with the initial idea though. Even if you have your own initial idea you need to decide that you aren't going to use it, so there's no point in holding onto it anyway.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ

Any advice on how to start a creative, open mood alone, without chance to talk to anyone?

I've gotten so far just mediocre results with what I've tried. I've woken up to a new day, trying to think it'll be great. I have put good music, made a really energetic and interesting playlist of some music I've had, I've made lists like 20 things I'd want to do - fantastic, not plain. I've tried to think I can change anything I want. I've drawn, I've dreamed.

I think I have a paralyzing amount of stress going on with my life. That presents a hard problem, as I'd try to find an innovative way to reduce the stress, perhaps by seeing the daily chores in a more positive light, making most of my day, or finding an easier job.

Other times I've been in creative mood, but I haven't been able to translate it to accomplishment. It's like, my creativity has been in the realm of fiction rather than reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Any advice on how to start a creative, open mood alone, without chance to talk to anyone?

I've gotten so far just mediocre results with what I've tried. I've woken up to a new day, trying to think it'll be great. I have put good music, made a really energetic and interesting playlist of some music I've had, I've made lists like 20 things I'd want to do - fantastic, not plain. I've tried to think I can change anything I want. I've drawn, I've dreamed.

I think I have a paralyzing amount of stress going on with my life. That presents a hard problem, as I'd try to find an innovative way to reduce the stress, perhaps by seeing the daily chores in a more positive light, making most of my day, or finding an easier job.

Other times I've been in creative mood, but I haven't been able to translate it to accomplishment. It's like, my creativity has been in the realm of fiction rather than reality.
    I don't really know the answer to this question. I would think if you're imagination is having trouble applying to reality, then the best way to fix that is to brainstorm with another person. The other person is there to help you make your creativity more practical.

In MBTI terms I think if you are by yourself your imagination will work with Ni and be more divorced from reality. If you are brainstorming with another person your imagination will work with Ne and be more connected to reality.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Question to Ni-doms: What does Ni mean to you? How does it manifest? What's it like to be Ni-dominant?

Question to Ne-doms: What does your Ne mean to you? How does it manifest? What's it like to be Ne-dominant?

In short (although I guess no one person can answer this): What is it like to be each of the two different kinds of N-dominant type?

Another question, to any type at all: How pervasive is your dominant function in your life?