First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    No I really do. The way they come into work and the first thing they do is sharpen their pencils and line them up according to length. . . all that stuff.

And their head-shaking bewilderment and disapproval of my disorderly lifestyle is also amusing.
    Yeah, such behavior can not be attributed to eight, very different types. I don't do any of what you've mentioned, but I'm pretty positive I'm a J. I think going off of how messy or disorganized someone is, is not the best way to gauge P vs. J. Slightly helpful, but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think she means that you're narrowing the definition of J. NJs are idea and people structure-oriented, not "thing" structure-oriented like SJs.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Huh. My list-making INFJ gf must be an outlier then.
    Probably lower on Ni, higher on Fe. Essentially, closer to ISFJ. I've noticed more organized INFJs, but they are of that type.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    P's on the other hand are reacting to the moment by moment flow of the world around them and changing what they do to accommodate it. The flow is cyclical and continual: inside -> outside -> inside -> outside. Information flows in and out of them simultaneously.
    YouTube - Hokey Cokey

Generally, no, unless people are really tight assed, or majorley...not.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think she means that you're narrowing the definition of J. NJs are idea and people structure-oriented, not "thing" structure-oriented like SJs.
    True. NJs judge abstract things. They often could care less about objects or the environment looking neat. SJs care about that. I type INFJ and lots of SJs I know, in particular ESTJ, ISTJ and ESFJ, can really get on my nerves about this.

Enneagram
    1w2

Look at the Jays saying how un-Jay they are!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Look at the Jays saying how un-Jay they are!
    I'm definitely a J. But not really outwardly organized in terms of making schedules, keeping things in an arranged order, etc. I can be organized just like everyone else, but it's not a priority; I have far more important grand schemes I'm working on in my head. J for me is about desiring closure and having things settled. Not about having my closet organized by color.

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    NJs judge abstract things. They often could care less about objects or the environment looking neat.
    That's certainly true of me.
    My desk and room look like a bomb went off.
    I have more important things to think about, than a clean room.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

That's exactly how my living room was recently described. "Looks like a bomb went off" I make lists, and then I lose them. Then I wonder why I bothered with the list in the first place. But it all gets done in the end, that you can be sure of.

Enneagram
    1w2

A lot of SJs at my job offices and cubes look like target practice at a Xerox factory. But I'm sure they're very mentally organized, as The Other Jays are.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

HAHAHAHAHAHAA, great thread title!

And, yes, I do.

It's reliable for me.

They, even the extroverts, always seem like they have a major inability to relax, ie, they're all uptight with nervous, and or frenetic, yet controlled energy.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I make lists, and then I lose them. Then I wonder why I bothered with the list in the first place.
    I get inside the grocery store and start cussing.
    I left my list at home, or in the car.