• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Oxymoron thread

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cuddly ISTJ.

:huh: I have a cuddly ISTJ at home... it took him a year or so to warm up, but now he's a cuddle monster :peepwall:

and as for ESTP librarian, I would LOVE to be a librarian! I adore books, dislike loud people and like the smell of libraries! :wubbie:

I used to live with an ESTJ, an ENTJ and myself... we used to joke about our worst possible career choices...

ESTJ sensitivity councilor (just suck it up and quit whining you big baby!!!)

ENTJ councilor to unwed mothers (you should have kept your legs shut you little whore! ... she had definite opinions on matters :shock:)

and apparently the idea of me being an accountant was hillarious :dry:

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
:huh: I have a cuddly ISTJ at home... it took him a year or so to warm up, but now he's a cuddle monster :peepwall:
Ah, well, I can only think of two times in memory that my ISTJ dad has ever hugged me, so that's why I put that.

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
INTP Medical Doctor with outstanding bedside manner-which is why I opted out of Holistic Health...

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP Stock Salesmen

What? :huh: ESFPs can actually make great salesmen! IMO, any "get things going type" can have that salesman attitude (even more so than the typically cited ESTP). They can have that, "I know a guy..." for everything because they are such the life of the party!

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Oh look, I'm laughing.

well thank u captain obvious!!!!! of course your laffing!!!
dude u totally lack mudkips and chuck nurris and women in the kitchen and all those apparently funny internet things

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Thank you for this smiley. I greatly appreciate it; it makes me feel all fuzzy wuzzy in my heart :3 :hug:
And then the NFs brought peace to the world by contaminating the water supply with their poisonous idealism and unconditional love, and the NTs rolled their eyes. The end.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Existentialist ESFP
Asexual ESTP
Clumsy ISTP
Lively ISTJ
Abnormal ESTJ
Moral ENTJ
Promiscuous INTJ
Pious ENTP
Normal INTP

Doesn't look very oxymoronic to me.

HEY! I have morals damn it!! :azdaja:

and one of my INTJ friends is a total man whore!! :laugh:

:rock:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I�ve noticed this before, how �psychiatrist� is always listed as a suggested career for INFJs. It�s often lumped together with psychology professions under the umbrella of �counseling/mental health care�. It�s pretty far removed from the counseling aspect of mental health care though. I worked in proximity to psychiatrists for several years and I�ve adopted a very cynical attitude toward the whole profession. I just really have trouble imagining anyone with Ni dom & F aux finding any sense of fulfillment with it as a career.

to be serious for a moment (ha ha serious ENFP), it's very important to note that a psychiatrist is a medical doctor who deals with chemicals and the physical aspects of health while a counselor is a psychologist who deals more with the cognitive-behavioral aspects of health. they both overlap and work towards the same goal of helping people, but they work through very different routes. i agree that an NF would tend to have an easier time being a psychologist than a psychiatrist, simply because of the way we think. and there are both shitty psychologists and psychiatrists out there... psychologists who think they're madame cleo (or worse, who think they're psychiatrists) and psychiatrists like house... lol...

though of course, it's also important that generally each strategy is most effective when accompanied by the other. :)

xNxP Adult :)

:laugh: