• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of these type descriptions?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Certainly better than other profiles, I think it does quite a good job. I only read ENTP though (at least so far).

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ fits me quite nicely

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
These are good descriptions. Being that I am an INFP, that's the most fitting for me. It isn't littered with stereotypes, which is nice for a change.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, love 'em. Whenever I type my friends and want to show them a profile, I always show them these. They've all commented on how accurately it described them. I feel like it's the personal description that makes them so great

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Mine fits for the most part .. I like the way it's worded.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're not bad descriptions, and compared to others out there I'd say even better.

But just about every description in MBTI is about the good sides of the personality types. I'm far more interested in a personality type description that samples both ends of the personality's spectrum. The good sides and the bad sides. The strengths of a type are explained very well. Some weaknesses are mentioned, but they don't go beyond the surface of it.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow, and here I thought I was an INTP. That ISTP description fits me almost perfectly!:)

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They're not bad descriptions, and compared to others out there I'd say even better.

But just about every description in MBTI is about the good sides of the personality types. I'm far more interested in a personality type description that samples both ends of the personality's spectrum. The good sides and the bad sides. The strengths of a type are explained very well. Some weaknesses are mentioned, but they don't go beyond the surface of it.

I'd recommend a book I think I've advertised all over the forum then. :tongue: Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code By Linda Berens and Dario Nardi. It talks about the positive and negative uses of every process each personality uses.... The link should show you at least one example towards the end

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd recommend a book I think I've advertised all over the forum then. :tongue: Understanding Yourself and Others: An Introduction to the Personality Type Code By Linda Berens and Dario Nardi. It talks about the positive and negative uses of every process each personality uses.... The link should show you at least one example towards the end

Yush, that is worth much more to me. I globally skimmed through it once. Might get around reading it in detail. But heh, I'm still a P. Irony lol. :D

deleted
Cool, because the INTJ profile seems to fit me much better than other INTJ profiles, even if its a bit on the surface. I kind of get lost if its explaining too deep into thought process, but here I think they had a pretty accurate balance.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

This fits me well, but some parts of it just don't fit me at all... the 3rd paragraph from the top does not really describe me well. Neither do a couple of paragraphs near the bottom. The INTP and ISTP last two paragraphs matched me better. Then again the ESTJ and INTJ ones also seemed like it matched a little.

I would say overall, though, the ISTJ one matched most closely.

deleted
This fits me well, but some parts of it just don't fit me at all... the 3rd paragraph from the top does not really describe me well. Neither do a couple of paragraphs near the bottom. The INTP and ISTP last two paragraphs matched me better. Then again the ESTJ and INTJ ones also seemed like it matched a little.

Yeah I'd say whichever one fits you the best, anyway. It could be a part enneagram thing, where a 5-ISTJ might not fit as well in some areas such as that one. I've heard that enneagram can certainly change the usual profile.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Another thing to keep in mind is that aren't you on the border of E/I? You would naturally relate somewhat to ESTJ in that case. And as for INTJ, they are running with Ni, and ISTPs have tertiary Ni, and you are on the border of J/P and on functions test you are ISTX. So there you go. :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Another thing to keep in mind is that aren't you on the border of E/I? You would naturally relate somewhat to ESTJ in that case. And as for INTJ, they are running with Ni, and ISTPs have tertiary Ni, and you are on the border of J/P and on functions test you are ISTX. So there you go. :D

Well, not exactly on the border (I'm not sure what percentages exactly), but I'm definitely more I. About the J/P thing, very good point.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, not exactly on the border (I'm not sure what percentages exactly), but I'm definitely more I. About the J/P thing, very good point.

Yeah, you know what I meant.

To add to the thread I relate pretty much equally to ISFP and INFP. Like, the ISFP and INFP profiles both fit me quite well, not a word is off.

I also find it interesting that I relate much more to SP as a temperament, being utilitarian and non abstract in communication.

But most people see me as N so eh whatever. :)

wolfy

awsm
Both the ISFP and ISTP descriptions fit me equally well at Best Fit.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Damn I relate more to the INTJ and ISTP descriptions than the INTP one. Plus some of the stuff they say about themselves is self-glorifying to the point of being cringe-worthy. Like, "I sometimes think my thinking is decades ahead of my time."