First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I feel that submissive has been misunderstood here. Perhaps a better phrase would be 'more inclined to go with the flow' or 'less likely to be the initiator'. All relationships should have equality, that's not what's being asked here.
    That's a hard thing to quantify. My husband is a P and more introverted than I am, so I do most of the initiative taking and make a lot of the decisions, but in so doing, I seek his input (a lot of the time he has no preference) and try to do what I can to keep his life as pleasant as possible because he's such a peach.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Without reading the entire....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh, HELLS, no.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    It's the ISFPs who cut themselves most I think. They're the emos.
    True, I do cut myself a lot. Sometimes I don't even remember how I did it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    True, I do cut myself a lot. Sometimes I don't even remember how I did it.
    Its me. I do it when you are sleeping.

...sorry.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Its me. I do it when you are sleeping.

...sorry.
    Trim your toenails.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No. I'm very independent and have a distaste for any authority. That's the last thing I want in a relationship.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think anyone is going to say they like being "submissive," since we live in a culture that values independence and assertiveness.

But I will say I prefer passive-aggression to direct aggression. Which is ultimately what the question means anyway. There's no such thing as someone who likes being completely submissive. If they seem to, it's only superficial, and they've actually got more strings to pull behind the scenes. In other words, no one would voluntarily take a submissive role without getting something out of it, which actually means it's not submissive.

For instance, you could say that working for someone else is an act of submission. But you don't see it that way because you get paid. You get the idea? It depends on your perspective. I imagine the same thing happens on an emotional level when one partner appears to be the submissive one. They don't see themselves that way, because they believe they're getting what they want out of it emotionally.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I don't think submission appeals to me because I'm independant; I like to do things my way and I'm not good with authoritive people in general. I also agree that relationships should be balanced.

That said, I'm hopelessly disorganized, lacking in initative and quite shy about a dealing with a lot of things. It can be exhausting to always be strong, independent and together. Having someone to take the intiative and take care of me a little is somewhat appealing - just as long as I don't need be his slave or constantly play the role of the meek damsal in distress

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't think that they enjoy, but they tend to be more "nice", let's say, and open to the wises of the partners in comparison to many other types. There's a reason why they are "duals" of ExTx types. But being nicer comes with many benefits that types hardwired to be more assertive do not get. Nobody likes to be told what to do, but IxFx are the most receptive to be asked to do something, and/or to say "let's do the way you like best" when choosing something.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTP

In my experience women in general enjoy submissive play but not actual submission and docility in a sense of "get me a sandwich woman while I ignore you and watch TV." Also, men often confuse female nurturing behavior with servile behavior.