User Tag List

First 12

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    fear of being inadequate in college means you put your identity in your intellectual abilities. this suggests NT but I've also seen SJs like this. I don't know it's highly correlated to personality type.
    Well I wouldn't really call it identity, more like performance ability. The fact is that if you cannot absorb knowledge and understanding at a given pace you are screwed. Because I naturally do it at my own pace, and not some imposed one, I would prefer to simply avoid the whole process of absorbing knowledge and understanding in the first place. Have my own little safe haven .

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    One more thing to note, wanting Stability can also indicate a DiSC characteristic of Steadiness.

People with High S styles scores want a steady pace, security, and don't like sudden change. Low S intensity scores are those who like change and variety. High S persons are calm, relaxed, patient, possessive, predictable, deliberate, stable, consistent, and tend to be unemotional and poker faced. People with Low S scores are described as restless, demonstrative, impatient, eager, or even impulsive.
    Yes, I identify with those as well. I shall learn more about it.

You could actually be an INTP even. With your reasons seeming rather NT, and Behind-The-Scenes motivated.
    My initial self typing was INTP but I've long abandoned it.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    No. It could be, I guess, but this seems more like an abstract concern than a concrete one.

I understand this... I refused to take AP classes in High School because I was afraid the teachers would be so much smarter than me that they would be able to outwit me and trip me up constantly. I felt that in the regular classes, they had an obligation to keep the material at an understandable level, which didn't exist in the AP classes, where they would be free to do everything in their power to confuse me. It wouldn't matter how much I studied, because these people would always be older than me, and have had more time to become skilled at whatever it was, and however much I could learn within the time frame simply wouldn't be enough. Basically, I kind of wanted a safety net regarding how much could be asked of me, so I wouldn't have to stress myself out trying to learn something complicated that would take up all my time, and then still either fail or scrape by.
    I know, and totally identify with, this style of thinking, but that's not really what I'm experiencing. I'm not worried I will learn in vain, I don't believe in such a thing, I'm afraid I won't be able to learn at all. That I'll become obsolete. Redundant. Like that last sentence. And the one before this. And the one before this. And all these sentences. In this line. That make no sense. That serve no purpose. Useless. Blah...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dufresne View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I am a very strong perceiver and I am very open to change, at least in most areas.
    As I said, people who say they're open to change are all talk.

EDIT: I suppose you won't mind dying, then. For what is death but change?
    Last edited by The Ü™; 10-13-2007 at 10:28 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

High S persons are calm, relaxed, patient, possessive, predictable, deliberate, stable, consistent, and tend to be unemotional and poker faced.
    Wouldn't this also be related to J? Aren't NTs the "calm under stress" ones according to PUMII? INTs fit all those traits, too, IMHO. Well, maybe not stable/consistent for the INTPs as much, but Js? INFJs?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Wouldn't this also be related to J? Aren't NTs the "calm under stress" ones according to PUMII? INTs fit all those traits, too, IMHO. Well, maybe not stable/consistent for the INTPs as much, but Js? INFJs?
    I think he was measuring Stability, not Sensing -- because Stability here is a proper noun.

P/J is how you prefer to live in the outer world. J prefers structure and routine, P prefers spontaneity and change.

In the case of NJ and SJ, the NJ will create their own structure, while the SJ will live in the structure prescribed by society.