• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Function Type Language

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I was inspired by The ENFP Te Demand thread.... They had a few quotes I found interesting:

Take INTJs for instance. I know that having Fi under Te tends us toward simple-minded demands that other people have their moral compass on straight. "You will treat me with respect and you will know what respect is!"--that kind of thing. Vocalising about moral requirements. "You're going the wrong way! You're making the wrong choice! What do you really want!" And so on. It's odd, but it's true. "Everything will go better if the feeling is right, or I'm outta here!" If you look around the forum, you can see INTJs doing it all over the place.

The ENFP Te demand: "the world will be organised in such a way that I can pursue my Intuitive goals without restraint, because people are actively trying to limit my potential, and I can prove it."

Tertiary Te (ExFP): "Unfair!! I have to stick to my guns, I will not be bullied or cheated. Any number of authorities agree with me. All my friends agree with me. Everyone can see that my response is directly mandated by the situation: anything else would be irresponsible. These facts absolutely settle the matter, and there is no point in looking at it any further."

The Secondary Function (Fi) would say: "Fair or not, reasonable or not, recognized by anyone or not, what would truly accomplish some good here?"

What are some other things people say when using a certain function? What does Ni for INxJs say? Ni for ISxPs as a third function? What have you frequently heard from Fi users or Fe users? I feel like this would be really when trying to type people.

This is something I read that seems to be a good overview:

Se: "This is what is." "What's next?"
Ne: "This is what might be." "It could be this or this or this or..."
Si: "This is how it has always been." "This reminds me of..."
Ni: "This is how it will be." "Aha, that's it!"

Te: "This is how to do it." "People do..."
Fe: "This is what we need." "We do..."
Ti: "This is why..." "It does..."
Fi: "This is important." "I (or you) do..."

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
So I was inspired by The ENFP Te Demand thread.... They had a few quotes I found interesting:

What are some other things people say when using a certain function? What does Ni for INxJs say? Ni for ISxPs as a third function? What have you frequently heard from Fi users or Fe users? I feel like this would be really when trying to type people.

This is something I read that seems to be a good overview:

Se: "This is what is." "What's next?"
Ne: "This is what might be." "It could be this or this or this or..."
Si: "This is how it has always been." "This reminds me of..."
Ni: "This is how it will be." "Aha, that's it!"

Te: "This is how to do it." "People do..."
Fe: "This is what we need." "We do..."
Ti: "This is why..." "It does..."
Fi: "This is important." "I (or you) do..."

Those are...pretty good I think. I don't really have much to add :( Although Te/Ti People do vs It does seems a tad off for some reason, but I cannot understand why.