Thread: INTP v. ENTP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Ok so I'd love some input on my type.

The whole reason I FOUND this site was because I was trying to figure out whether I'm "Extroverted" or "Introverted."

Most people upon meeting me would say wholeheartedly that I'm extroverted. I tend to be loud and talkative. I have absolutely no reservations with strangers or speaking in public. I have alot of energy, tend to jump in to lead groups, and I'm a pretty expressive and direct communicator. I have a huge group of friends, and the stereotypical question about "being the center of attention at a party" - yeah, that's me. Most people say that having me around gets them excited about things, and that they really enjoy my company.

All of this points to ENTP.

HOWEVER....
    While I enjoy some aspects of being social WHILE IN THE MOMENT, I find it REALLY drains me. I tend to avoid making efforts to socialize, and I'd MUCH rather be reading a book or working on some project by myself than spend time with people. I've NEVER been bored alone! I don't need other people's approval, and I don't ever seem to feel lonely. My husband is much more of the typical extrovert than me, as he constantly has to have people around - he 'needs' the attention. Whereas, I really don't. I have to stifle a groan when I find out we're supposed to go to dinner with someone, or to a party, or that friends are coming over. It's not that I don't like those people, but it just seems to drain me, and I'd rather just do my own thing. I really have to force myself to stick to plans made with friends. I can easily 'hermit' myself away in my house for weeks and weeks on end.

So it seems almost like I'm an introvert... who happens to be very very good at being extroverted? The ENTP descriptions seem to fit me so much more than INTP, mostly beause I'm really personable and hilarious IMHO. The only people who would possibly agree that I might be an "I" is a few people close enough to me to know how much socializing drains me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    935 sx

Quote Originally Posted by WinterDuchess View Post
    Ok so I'd love some input on my type.

The whole reason I FOUND this site was because I was trying to figure out whether I'm "Extroverted" or "Introverted."

Most people upon meeting me would say wholeheartedly that I'm extroverted. I tend to be loud and talkative. I have absolutely no reservations with strangers or speaking in public. I have alot of energy, tend to jump in to lead groups, and I'm a pretty expressive and direct communicator. I have a huge group of friends, and the stereotypical question about "being the center of attention at a party" - yeah, that's me. Most people say that having me around gets them excited about things, and that they really enjoy my company.

All of this points to ENTP.

HOWEVER....
    While I enjoy some aspects of being social WHILE IN THE MOMENT, I find it REALLY drains me. I tend to avoid making efforts to socialize, and I'd MUCH rather be reading a book or working on some project by myself than spend time with people. I've NEVER been bored alone! I don't need other people's approval, and I don't ever seem to feel lonely. My husband is much more of the typical extrovert than me, as he constantly has to have people around - he 'needs' the attention. Whereas, I really don't. I have to stifle a groan when I find out we're supposed to go to dinner with someone, or to a party, or that friends are coming over. It's not that I don't like those people, but it just seems to drain me, and I'd rather just do my own thing. I really have to force myself to stick to plans made with friends. I can easily 'hermit' myself away in my house for weeks and weeks on end.

So it seems almost like I'm an introvert... who happens to be very very good at being extroverted? The ENTP descriptions seem to fit me so much more than INTP, mostly beause I'm really personable and hilarious IMHO. The only people who would possibly agree that I might be an "I" is a few people close enough to me to know how much socializing drains me.
    Maybe take a look at the Enneagram instinct stacking?

SX = seeks intensity.
    SP = self-focus and personal resources.
    SO = interest in society and group cohesion.

I am on the E/I cusp but tilt introverted. However, being SX dominant has meant that I tend to expend all my energy in an intense rush when around people, until utter depletion. Then I will need several hours to days of quiet to recharge.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

One thinks it's very smart, and keeps that to itself.

the other thinks it's very smart, and wants everyone to know about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

ENTP descriptions seem to fit me so much more than INTP, mostly beause I'm really personable and hilarious IMHO.
    Feel free to demonstrate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

What do you find more interesting - the things going on in the outside world, or the things going on in your head?