• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP v. ENTP

WinterDuchess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ok so I'd love some input on my type.

The whole reason I FOUND this site was because I was trying to figure out whether I'm "Extroverted" or "Introverted."

Most people upon meeting me would say wholeheartedly that I'm extroverted. I tend to be loud and talkative. I have absolutely no reservations with strangers or speaking in public. I have alot of energy, tend to jump in to lead groups, and I'm a pretty expressive and direct communicator. I have a huge group of friends, and the stereotypical question about "being the center of attention at a party" - yeah, that's me. Most people say that having me around gets them excited about things, and that they really enjoy my company.

All of this points to ENTP.

HOWEVER....
While I enjoy some aspects of being social WHILE IN THE MOMENT, I find it REALLY drains me. I tend to avoid making efforts to socialize, and I'd MUCH rather be reading a book or working on some project by myself than spend time with people. I've NEVER been bored alone! I don't need other people's approval, and I don't ever seem to feel lonely. My husband is much more of the typical extrovert than me, as he constantly has to have people around - he 'needs' the attention. Whereas, I really don't. I have to stifle a groan when I find out we're supposed to go to dinner with someone, or to a party, or that friends are coming over. It's not that I don't like those people, but it just seems to drain me, and I'd rather just do my own thing. I really have to force myself to stick to plans made with friends. I can easily 'hermit' myself away in my house for weeks and weeks on end.

So it seems almost like I'm an introvert... who happens to be very very good at being extroverted? The ENTP descriptions seem to fit me so much more than INTP, mostly beause I'm really personable and hilarious IMHO. The only people who would possibly agree that I might be an "I" is a few people close enough to me to know how much socializing drains me.

Elusivity

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok so I'd love some input on my type.

The whole reason I FOUND this site was because I was trying to figure out whether I'm "Extroverted" or "Introverted."

Most people upon meeting me would say wholeheartedly that I'm extroverted. I tend to be loud and talkative. I have absolutely no reservations with strangers or speaking in public. I have alot of energy, tend to jump in to lead groups, and I'm a pretty expressive and direct communicator. I have a huge group of friends, and the stereotypical question about "being the center of attention at a party" - yeah, that's me. Most people say that having me around gets them excited about things, and that they really enjoy my company.

All of this points to ENTP.

HOWEVER....
While I enjoy some aspects of being social WHILE IN THE MOMENT, I find it REALLY drains me. I tend to avoid making efforts to socialize, and I'd MUCH rather be reading a book or working on some project by myself than spend time with people. I've NEVER been bored alone! I don't need other people's approval, and I don't ever seem to feel lonely. My husband is much more of the typical extrovert than me, as he constantly has to have people around - he 'needs' the attention. Whereas, I really don't. I have to stifle a groan when I find out we're supposed to go to dinner with someone, or to a party, or that friends are coming over. It's not that I don't like those people, but it just seems to drain me, and I'd rather just do my own thing. I really have to force myself to stick to plans made with friends. I can easily 'hermit' myself away in my house for weeks and weeks on end.

So it seems almost like I'm an introvert... who happens to be very very good at being extroverted? The ENTP descriptions seem to fit me so much more than INTP, mostly beause I'm really personable and hilarious IMHO. The only people who would possibly agree that I might be an "I" is a few people close enough to me to know how much socializing drains me.

Maybe take a look at the Enneagram instinct stacking?

SX = seeks intensity.
SP = self-focus and personal resources.
SO = interest in society and group cohesion.

I am on the E/I cusp but tilt introverted. However, being SX dominant has meant that I tend to expend all my energy in an intense rush when around people, until utter depletion. Then I will need several hours to days of quiet to recharge.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
One thinks it's very smart, and keeps that to itself.

the other thinks it's very smart, and wants everyone to know about it.