User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: INTP v. ENTP

  1. #21
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I think there is, but honestly it would probably be best if you could try to pinpoint your function order yourself.
    For me

    Ti
    Ne
    Te
    Si
    Fe
    Ni
    Fi
    Se

  2. #22
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    For me

    Ti
    Ne
    Te
    Si
    Fe
    Ni
    Fi
    Se
    Congratulations! You are an INTPJ!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Argus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I only mentioned it because I think it's interesting that ENTPs and INTPs give off such different vibes. INTPs being the quintessential NT, and ENTPs verging on being SPs.
    Unfortunate but true, we do have tenancies to resemble our bane - the SP.
    I think this takes some people back and give's them that "kind of psycho" vibe from ENTP's.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nizy View Post
    I think there is, but honestly it would probably be best if you could try to pinpoint your function order yourself.
    I third this. They haven't proven themselves to be very reliable.
    (They always type me as an ESFJ.)

  4. #24
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    OMW, quit dicking about, stop over complicating and just post. The type usually becomes apparent.

    As for what you've posted thus far, INTP would be my guess hence how whether you're one or the other matters. And no that doesn't mean you're antisocial. I love people but it's their brains I like to meet, the rest of them is mere transportation for the brain.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  5. #25
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    ENTP would be much similar to ESTP and ENFP
    INTP would be similar to any INXX and IXTX type (except ISTJ)
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #26
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    So I pretty much type as an INTP, although I have a drive to change the world through my ideas. I love to be alone, but I am very friendly with people I meet. I have an obsession with logic and love making people laugh. Some people think I talk too loudly and too much while others believe I am an extremely quiet person. I am not shy in the slightest. I sometimes skip school because I dread social contact. The MBTIkid description ENP on personalitypage.com fits my childhood self much more accurately than ITP. Yet the INTP description fits me MUCH more than the ENTP description.

    How can one distinguish between an ENTP and an INTP?
    I thought I was an INTP for a long time because every common definition that isn't associated with MBTI for the word extroverted did/does not fit me. Dom Ne is not very people friendly.


    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    ENTP would be much similar to ESTP and ENFP
    INTP would be similar to any INXX and IXTX type (except ISTJ)
    As an ENTP I disagree. While I appreciate and adore many ESTPs and ENFPs I do not relate to them or their way of thinking at all, I relate closer to other NT types, INTPs in particular.



    Can't be bothered writing anything specific about INTP vs ENTP but I have written some stuff before that I'll recycle in case it helps.

    To explain my extroversion this is what I find happens;

    When in isolation: I enjoy my own company, itís comfortable and I can concentrate on what I want to do and get lost in my head, however, I know that I can withdraw into myself more than is healthy for me if I do this for too long, too much time on my own leads me to feeling slightly depressive, the Ďunderwaterí feeling rara wrote about is what happens.

    The healthiest and most productive state for me is when I get out and socialise, it doesnít have to be substantial and activities can be more effective than being with and talking to people. Problem is I like feeling comfortable so I donít always do this which leads to me feeling down and not wanting to go out which leads me to feeling worse and so on, once I am out and socialising I feel great and want to get out and socialise more often but making myself do this in the first place is the hard part.

    The following things happen because of my E;
    • I liven up in unfamiliar settings, going new places can make me feel as though I want to leap out of my skin, I love the feeling of excitement and nervousness I can get when about to enter into the unknown.
    • I liven up when I have someone to give my energy and attention to, I love people and enjoy being able to get to know them and pull them apart trying to figure them out, generic small talk annoys me though so I have to direct conversations to things that interest me.
    • I have a wider selection of interests than most introverts would have, this is because I need change and a greater stream of external stimuli to avoid boredom. I delve into them quite deep but I donít stick with them (stupid P) for too long.

    What extroversion means to me as an ENTP is that I feel alive when I'm constantly moving from one interesting thing to another. Doing the same thing over and over again bores me, talking to people who aren't interesting to me bores me, shallow/passionless chit-chat bores me, social tradition bores me, seeing things through to completion bores me.

    I want to explore and discover and follow random tangents as they come up, spontaneity and movement without over planning totally excites me. I need newness and/or adventure to grab my interest and give me new energy. This however is largely unseen.

    Reading this is the best way for someone to understand what's happening in my head, I don't act loud or excitable or over the top in any way so people don't always know when my E is in it's element and energising me, it's inside my head.
    These are some of the points that have stood out to me as exclusively introversion and the opposite of what an extrovert would experience;
    • The idea that you will eventually feel tired and drained even when talking to people whose company you enjoy, the conversation can be enthralling but if it goes on long enough at some point you will retreat into your head and get quiet, or if you can, leave and find your own space to recharge. At the end of socialisation you are less energised then when you started.

    • One of the reasons these conversations are draining is because your preference is to think about what is being said before responding thus you are in a way exerting more internal energy than the average extrovert.

    • In line with thinking before speaking, you do not need to verbalise thoughts in order to fully understand them.

    • You have narrower but deeper interests.

    • Exerting your energy outwardly through social interaction is your kryptonite. Your focus is on conserving energy.


    The other things about disliking small talk, having a rich inner world and needing space etc are things that are not unique to introverts imo as an extrovert who feels the same way.

  7. #27
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    An INTP doesn't care one bit what other people think of them. An ENTP says that they don't care what other people think of them, but secretly does care very much.

  8. #28
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    An INTP doesn't care one bit what other people think of them. An ENTP says that they don't care what other people think of them, but secretly does care very much.
    We generally don't care what the general public thinks of us. But there are individuals to whom we rather prefer being in higher -, than lower regard.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  9. #29
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    We generally don't care what the general public thinks of us. But there are individuals to whom we rather prefer being in higher -, than lower regard.
    Exactly. We think it's the natural state of things for everyone to be friends with each other.

  10. #30
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    An INTP doesn't care one bit what other people think of them. An ENTP says that they don't care what other people think of them, but secretly does care very much.
    No.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] INTP vs ENTP. War of objectivity!
    By Magic Poriferan in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 12:18 PM
  2. Bulletpoints for Socrates as INTP or ENTP
    By Blackwater in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
  3. [NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure
    By chegra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
  4. [NT] INTP vs. ENTP
    By Synarch in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 08:47 PM
  5. INTP or ENTP?
    By ZiL in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO