User Tag List

Thread: J and P at work

MBTI
    abcd

Default J and P at work

I thought a probably paradoxically thing...

Ps are spontaneus and Js are structured.

But at work Ps need a certain structure imposed, or they have problems to organise themselves, priority and conclude work.

On the contrary Js are self-disciplined, and they prefer a more "free" environment, because they prefer to develop personal steps to follow.

What do you think about this?

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I thought a probably paradoxically thing...

Ps are spontaneus and Js are structured.

But at work Ps need a certain structure imposed, or they have problems to organise themselves, priority and conclude work.

On the contrary Js are self-disciplined, and they prefer a more "free" environment, because they prefer to develop personal steps to follow.

What do you think about this?
    Does not apply to me, I need a structured environment to be productive. Ps have that inner drive, but only for what they want to do, so you might not see it at work. Then again I am a primary perceiver...

garbage

The more structure that is imposed upon me, the more I rail against it. I typically prefer to work on my own terms (flexible or undefined hours, remote access to my home machine from work, administrator access to my work machine ...), and I'm always more productive when I have that level of flexibility because there are many more tools and possibilities at my disposal. If I don't have it, I just spend my time at work obsessively trying to obtain it, cutting corners and breaking rules wherever I can get away with it.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I need to have clear deadlines for when my work must be completed or I will procrastinate. If I get too much supervision, I tend to rebel. For that reason, I really like freelance work.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    I

In a sense, it's true at least for me. I need some freedom to get work done, although I do need to be told what to do, I can't have someone constantly telling me what to do, or else I'll go crazy. I also cannot work continuously, or I'll also go crazy. I would need breaks in between.

I don't mind structured environments (I often need them to get real work done) and I'm happy to work under any system as long as I'm good at what I'm doing (or I'm given appropiate support to get good at it). The people I'm working with need to be friendly as well.