• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

J and P at work

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I thought a probably paradoxically thing...

Ps are spontaneus and Js are structured.

But at work Ps need a certain structure imposed, or they have problems to organise themselves, priority and conclude work.

On the contrary Js are self-disciplined, and they prefer a more "free" environment, because they prefer to develop personal steps to follow.

What do you think about this?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I thought a probably paradoxically thing...

Ps are spontaneus and Js are structured.

But at work Ps need a certain structure imposed, or they have problems to organise themselves, priority and conclude work.

On the contrary Js are self-disciplined, and they prefer a more "free" environment, because they prefer to develop personal steps to follow.

What do you think about this?

Does not apply to me, I need a structured environment to be productive. Ps have that inner drive, but only for what they want to do, so you might not see it at work. Then again I am a primary perceiver...

G

garbage

The more structure that is imposed upon me, the more I rail against it. I typically prefer to work on my own terms (flexible or undefined hours, remote access to my home machine from work, administrator access to my work machine ...), and I'm always more productive when I have that level of flexibility because there are many more tools and possibilities at my disposal. If I don't have it, I just spend my time at work obsessively trying to obtain it, cutting corners and breaking rules wherever I can get away with it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I need to have clear deadlines for when my work must be completed or I will procrastinate. If I get too much supervision, I tend to rebel. For that reason, I really like freelance work.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
In a sense, it's true at least for me. I need some freedom to get work done, although I do need to be told what to do, I can't have someone constantly telling me what to do, or else I'll go crazy. I also cannot work continuously, or I'll also go crazy. I would need breaks in between.

VagrantFarce

I don't mind structured environments (I often need them to get real work done) and I'm happy to work under any system as long as I'm good at what I'm doing (or I'm given appropiate support to get good at it). The people I'm working with need to be friendly as well.