User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd guess whatever type most people on Tech forums are. A lot of INTPs and INTJs, to be sure. Maybe ISTPs and ISTJs, too.

I was also influenced rather heavily by my ISTx mom, and learned what few social skills I have from my ESFJ grandmother.

MBTI
    ENTP

Depressed INTJ's and intelligent ISFJ's have had the biggest impact on who I am as a person.

INTJ's for being right.

ISFJ's for being unconditional.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my enfp dad and infj mother...no doubt...both very idealistic...highly unrealistic...highly spiritual...calm and easy going...both artistic...both clueless about real world goings on...

they really shaped my life views and priorities.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

ISFJ mom- Is the only reason I have any semblance of Fe. When we interact we typically seem to polarize each other, I become more aggressive and assertive and she becomes more passive and coddling. However, she taught me all kinds of things about etiquette which have come in handy, and her accepting view of others rubbed off on me.

INTX (probably low N and J) dad- I admired him from a very young age and actively chose to develop what I now recognize as Te. Although I think Ni was always there, I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had chosen to develop Fe like my mother.

ISTJ best friend- We reinforce certain behaviors in each other, such as Fi-driven judgments of others and Te practicality. I see this as a good thing though, because many other people either discouraged Fi moral rigidity or had such strong Fi that I found it off-putting. My friendship with her first allowed me to understand that it was ok to develop it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

ISTJ's.
    Whole immediate family, and many other people in the larger family, other adults when growing up, etc.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

IS_J parents, they have always had a moderating influence on my SPness.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'd guess whatever type most people on Tech forums are. A lot of INTPs and INTJs, to be sure. Maybe ISTPs and ISTJs, too.

I was also influenced rather heavily by my ISTx mom, and learned what few social skills I have from my ESFJ grandmother.
    i'm sorry...i don't know much about intjs really...but am i the only one that thinks you might be that instead? just wondering.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    I

My entire family of J-birds.

Dad: ENTJ
    Mom: INFJ
    Sis: ISFJ

I credit and thank them for helping me become a J.

mom ISTP
    dad INTP - (didn't know him much to be honest)
    sister ISTJ
    granny ISTJ (she definatelly most positevely affected my life, along with 2 friends, INFP and INTP, INTP is actually one who has most positive affect on me... makes me feel really good, and he's my favorite person, i love him like he's my family. one of the most intelligent and nice person i know. and i dont even know him for long)

parents didn't have influence in my life (at least not in a good way)

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm sorry...i don't know much about intjs really...but am i the only one that thinks you might be that instead? just wondering.
    You're not the first to think this.

When you know more about Athenian, you'd believe otherwise. (Tip: Look at her motivations.)

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    We discuss a lot about our basic makeup, how we cognitively interact with the world, but environment, who we have learnt from, etc. also play a huge part in personalities.

What types are the people who have had the biggest influence on the way you think and interact? How have they influenced these things?
    Thoughtful questions. 5 stars.

[Before there was MBTI to name these individuals]:
    1. ISTJs (Ages 10 - 16): Adjusting Te to a sensing domain; work ethic; thorough dedication & perseverance; pragmatism; was the ideal type of person I aimed to be -- there were no INTJ role-models in my childhood

2. ENFPs (Ages 16 - 19): Fi development -- empathy, acceptance of self, freedom of self-expression, being true to self, affirming the importance of values; Ni acceptance; social skills; breaking introverted shells; charm; encouragement of personal imagination and creativity; being free-spirited

[After I knew about MBTI, I just happened to "re-discover" these types and I sought to learn more about them with the help of the Jungian functions]:
    3. ISTPs (Ages 18 - current): Se understanding -- more action-orientation & environmental awareness; calculated risks; tactical skills; Ti improvements; quicker & equally effective plans; better Fe skills for SJ interactions; sharper crisis management; more pragmatism to balance Ni dominance

4. ESTPs (Ages 19 - current): Leadership skills -- significant Fe improvements, flexibility, adaptability, being ahead of the curve, immediately grasping other's talents, people speed-reading; picking up subtle ques; quick responses to pressure & opportunities; improvising; faster decisions - less indecisive moments; faster results; being/living in the moment

============================

[Semi-Influences/Miscellaneous]:
    5. ISFJ Mom (Subconsciously all my life): This is why I tend to be so giving, compassionate and emotionally supportive when someone looks past my distant appearance. In my personal relationships, I'm almost selfless. I instantly think about the other person's well-being over myself. Individual rejections are something I loathe giving out. I'd rather be rejected instead -- I can handle it and move on.

6. INTJ older female friend (Ages 18 - 20): After meeting her, I felt could truly acknowledge myself for who I am. All my life-long concerns had disappeared. It's nice to know that you're not the only person in the world who thinks in a certain direction. And being a T female in a F female society? Yeah. Things get complicated.

7. INJ friends (Ages 18 - 20): They're the absolute best. Like number # 6, it was a breath of fresh air to find someone who perceives the same way you do. After years and years of people thinking I'm out of my mind whenever I tell them about my Ni visions, you have to wonder if you're... insane. Exaggerations, of course.

8. ENTP friend (Ages 19 - current): Says, "Don't underestimate the power of your imagination. Another vote for living towards the future."

9. NTP friends (Ages 18 - current): For encouraging thinking outside the box.

10. MBTI (Ages 17+): Thank-you for this self discovery! I thought there was something very odd about my lack of desire to be with people, and myself in general. I may be odd, but at least it's confirmed.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.