User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'd hire the one with the biggest credentials, keep an eye on him and set him straight and in his place if he turns out to be bad news.

Granted, I have fairly small companies and have a very direct influence on my employers. Had I worked in a large company, I probably would have gone for the one I sensed would probably work out, because I wouldn't have any influence on things if my Ni turns out to be right.

So, all in all depends on the situation. Ni goes through a Ti check with me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    nerd

i assume that's the voice that's telling me i'm going to go splat on the windshield of life in about 5 seconds. no, no i don't listen to that one.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

People that trust Ni are afraid of the dark. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    fool

There's always a reason. Ni isn't some magical, mystical function. It's just very closely in touch with the unconscious and puts things together and brings them up to a conscious level, ready and processed as they are.
    But sometimes it can get mixed up with punch of other stuff and that's what I try to stay wary of.

Then again it seems like the times I didn't trust my Ni are when I should have.

I think I'd be a lot more effective if I actually trusted my Ni even more. It just seems like an alien language in this world.

To answer your question, yes.

1. Do you trust this unjustifiable idea?
    2. Which one would you hire?
    3. How certain are you of your decision?

Yes
    The one I sensed would work out
    90%

This has happened to me although on a lesser scale, my Ni was accurate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

On one hand, my Ni is good at what it does, and thus I am likely to reach the right conclusion subconsciously before I consciously know the answer (whether this be interpersonally, academically, or otherwise). I've lived for enough years to know that it's not a "gamble" to trust my Ni, it's just what I do and it most often works out.

On the other hand, I am not some goddess, I am human, and I know this. Therefore, when I throw everything I have down on the table and risk, I am conscious that I could be making a big mistake, and occasionally, it has happened. I don't expect perfection out of a common human quality of mine.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    On one hand, my Ni is good at what it does, and thus I am likely to reach the right conclusion subconsciously before I consciously know the answer (whether this be interpersonally, academically, or otherwise). I've lived for enough years to know that it's not a "gamble" to trust my Ni, it's just what I do and it most often works out.

On the other hand, I am not some goddess, I am human, and I know this. Therefore, when I throw everything I have down on the table and risk, I am conscious that I could be making a big mistake, and occasionally, it has happened. I don't expect perfection out of a common human quality of mine.
    That's a nice description of how you understand the situation, but you didn't answer the questions.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

I took the cognitive processes test so many times, and my Ni and Ne scored basically 0% almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    My Ni has bailed me out so many times that I have to trust it. The times when problems have cropped up are when I ignore it in favour of the "justifiable".

My life, exactly.

MBTI
    INTJ

1. Do you trust this unjustifiable idea?

Well, that's tricky. If it's my first time out being the hirer, I'll probably make mistakes identifying intuitions and start looking like a vacillating twit. The unjustifiable idea would keep on sitting there influencing my ability to make a final decision but I might not know how to bring it into play and name it--that is, I possibly wouldn't know how to trust it, but it wouldn't go away either.

But if I've been hiring people for a while and I love the project I'm hiring people for today, then I'll trust the intuition and go looking for its origin.

2. Which one would you hire?

If I had to make a decision without further information and I was boss of the project needing the hire, I guess I'd err on the side of draconian overlordship and hire the guy I liked.

3. How certain are you of your decision?

If I were just the Human Resources dude, I'd worry about my choice. If I were hiring for MY project, I'd stick by my choice. Which is to say, I wouldn't be certain necessarily, but I'd accept that I'd made a choice. Can always fire the guy later, after all.

But... how much of that is Ni and how much is Te?

Generally speaking, if I get an intuition, I make it come true. For somewhere in there it is true. People talk about INTJs and the sneaky way we make perspective shifts, switching words or expressions till we're right. From the outside it looks like we missed something and are wrong, and switched something but still missed something and are wrong again, and then switched something again and still wrong, and then suddenly we have a formulation totally unlike the earlier attempts and we're walking around crowing about how we were right all along. Well, from the inside, we were right all along. The idea wasn't unjustifiable, it just wasn't justified yet.

And it's shameful when that process doesn't end up working.