User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: Explain...

  1. #61
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    hmm, yeah, but Fi, when unhealthy, tends to automatically favor the person in most cases, whereas with unhealthy Fe it's probably less self centered. Statistically wise, due to the nature of Fi and Fe.

    At least when dominant. However, Unhealthy secundary or tertiary Fi is a whole different case, I think.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    hmm, yeah, but Fi, when unhealthy, tends to automatically favor the person in most cases, whereas with unhealthy Fe it's probably less self centered. Statistically wise, due to the nature of Fi and Fe.

    At least when dominant. However, Unhealthy secundary or tertiary Fi is a whole different case, I think.
    Unhealthy Fe is invasive. That is selfish. It's connecting with/manipulating/"helping"/enabling others to satisfy one's own emotional needs.

    But, yeah, unhealthy Fi appears more openly Emo/depressed/you-don't-understand-mmeeeeeee, if that's what you mean by self-centered.

    I see them as both selfish, and which is worse depends entirely upon personal taste and tolerance and severity of wacko behavior in the party in question.

  3. #63
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Yeah, I was gong at it from the unhealthy persons perspective. To outsiders, unhealthy Fe is certainly invasive and selfish. But to them, that is not the case.

    As far as which is worse is concerned. In these cases, it is not the means, but the ends that are to be judged.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  4. #64
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yeah, I was gong at it from the unhealthy persons perspective. To outsiders, unhealthy Fe is certainly invasive and selfish. But to them, that is not the case.

    As far as which is worse is concerned. In these cases, it is not the means, but the ends that are to be judged.

  5. #65
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Not necessarily.

    An ESFJ could use Fe manipulatively to her own ends, i.e. for the person.

    An ENFP could use Fi for a cause they internally beleived in to help others, i.e. for the people.

    And vice versa, but expressed differently.
    That's true, but doesn't really negate his point.

    He's correct in saying that Fi is fundamentally more selfish than Fe.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    That's true, but doesn't really negate his point.

    He's correct in saying that Fi is fundamentally more selfish than Fe.
    If you say so. I've met people with high Fe who were extremely selfish, and were quite self-righteous about it, because they felt they were doing things the "correct" way and imposing it on others. Not totally unlike Te.

    I don't know if a function is fundamentally anything because it's combined with different functions in different types and is expressed differently in varying individuals. For example, not all people with Ti are "smarter" than people with Fi. Not all people with Fi are "more selfish" than people with Fe. I don't buy that.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I've met people with high Fe who were extremely selfish, and were quite self-righteous about it
    Religious zealotry.

  8. #68
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Religious zealotry.
    +1

  9. #69
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Si - I learn from experiences I've had in the past. Remember past events in order to learn from them. I use Si also for its great memory storage, where I can remember precise facts in extreme detail. Comes in handy when trying to recall things for school or on the job.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Si - I learn from experiences I've had in the past. Remember past events in order to learn from them. I use Si also for its great memory storage, where I can remember precise facts in extreme detail. Comes in handy when trying to recall things for school or on the job.
    Were you good in History class with all those damn dates you had to memorize?

Similar Threads

  1. Ti/Te users: Explain the differences.
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 07:48 AM
  2. Explain the cognitive functions to me
    By Colors in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 10:40 PM
  3. ENTP Female...so that explains it!
    By ~Aviendha in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
  4. Functions explained in own words
    By alcea rosea in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
  5. [NT] Sex: How to explain a child...
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 09:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO