• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Explain...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm, yeah, but Fi, when unhealthy, tends to automatically favor the person in most cases, whereas with unhealthy Fe it's probably less self centered. Statistically wise, due to the nature of Fi and Fe.

At least when dominant. However, Unhealthy secundary or tertiary Fi is a whole different case, I think.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm, yeah, but Fi, when unhealthy, tends to automatically favor the person in most cases, whereas with unhealthy Fe it's probably less self centered. Statistically wise, due to the nature of Fi and Fe.

At least when dominant. However, Unhealthy secundary or tertiary Fi is a whole different case, I think.

Unhealthy Fe is invasive. That is selfish. It's connecting with/manipulating/"helping"/enabling others to satisfy one's own emotional needs.

But, yeah, unhealthy Fi appears more openly Emo/depressed/you-don't-understand-mmeeeeeee, if that's what you mean by self-centered.

I see them as both selfish, and which is worse depends entirely upon personal taste and tolerance and severity of wacko behavior in the party in question.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I was gong at it from the unhealthy persons perspective. To outsiders, unhealthy Fe is certainly invasive and selfish. But to them, that is not the case.

As far as which is worse is concerned. In these cases, it is not the means, but the ends that are to be judged. :D

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I was gong at it from the unhealthy persons perspective. To outsiders, unhealthy Fe is certainly invasive and selfish. But to them, that is not the case.

As far as which is worse is concerned. In these cases, it is not the means, but the ends that are to be judged. :D

:yes:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not necessarily.

An ESFJ could use Fe manipulatively to her own ends, i.e. for the person.

An ENFP could use Fi for a cause they internally beleived in to help others, i.e. for the people.

And vice versa, but expressed differently.

That's true, but doesn't really negate his point.

He's correct in saying that Fi is fundamentally more selfish than Fe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's true, but doesn't really negate his point.

He's correct in saying that Fi is fundamentally more selfish than Fe.

If you say so. I've met people with high Fe who were extremely selfish, and were quite self-righteous about it, because they felt they were doing things the "correct" way and imposing it on others. Not totally unlike Te.

I don't know if a function is fundamentally anything because it's combined with different functions in different types and is expressed differently in varying individuals. For example, not all people with Ti are "smarter" than people with Fi. Not all people with Fi are "more selfish" than people with Fe. I don't buy that.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Si - I learn from experiences I've had in the past. Remember past events in order to learn from them. I use Si also for its great memory storage, where I can remember precise facts in extreme detail. Comes in handy when trying to recall things for school or on the job.

Jaguar

Si - I learn from experiences I've had in the past. Remember past events in order to learn from them. I use Si also for its great memory storage, where I can remember precise facts in extreme detail. Comes in handy when trying to recall things for school or on the job.

Were you good in History class with all those damn dates you had to memorize?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Were you good in History class with all those damn dates you had to memorize?

Yeah, I was. If I have to memorize something, especially dates and get it back out from memory, I'm the man at that.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I definitely would like a clearer grasp of it.

Its when you see something, hear something and things popup in your head. They relate but you dont always understand why.

ENFPs can be really good at controlling this in others. It feeds into Te to put ideas into others head. The other side of Ne dominant is knowing how to block these things. Its an avoidance tactic, out of sight out of mind. The control what they see to control what pops up in there head.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Fi just simmers away in the background and I notice it most when my usual easygoing nature comes screeching to a halt, replaced with extreme stubborness.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Its when you see something, hear something and things popup in your head. They relate but you dont always understand why.

ENFPs can be really good at controlling this in others. It feeds into Te to put ideas into others head. The other side of Ne dominant is knowing how to block these things. Its an avoidance tactic, out of sight out of mind. The control what they see to control what pops up in there head.

Yikes!

Kind of inflammatory, but true.

Great insight you got there. :)