• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 8 Functions Talking

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
What I like the most is -

2. Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?

5. Is doing this cost effective? Will it be useful?

7. How will it affect the neighborhood, and what will the neighbors think?

What I least like is -

3. I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Identify :

(basically, the options that try to justify procrastination/avoidance)

Least identify :

(basically, the option that reeks of Fe-dom zomg!)

wolfy

awsm
1 and 3 the most.

1. I want to design the fence.

3. I want to decorate the fence and make sure that it looks stylish and appealing

I don't like 7 much.

Chloe

huh, am I the only one who has trouble picking 2 answers ?

i think most with 2, 5 and 1.
least with 7
also i dont identify with 4 - i let that to others..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
identify most with 1 and least with 4.

because i don't really need instructions if i'm designing it, right?

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Most: 3, 8. Though the wording of 8 is fishy, I agree with the idea, except the sharing with others. It's not like the fence would be a special relic to me, or a pet, It's just that I would build the fence for myself, and not care what others think.

7 The least, and similarly to the king of fishes, I don't like 6 either.

G

garbage

2. Why do they want to do this and what is the deal with fences anyway? Is this necessary?
6. I want to analyze the structure and placement of the fence.
4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidlines.
8. I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

I probably would identify with 8 more if it weren't so horribly worded.. it'd be less fruity and much higher up my list if the second clause were taken out

P

Phantonym

Sure, this is all about fences, right? :D

What I identify with the most: 1 and 5 - it's my fence, I'll design it and I will make sure it's built the way I want it built.
What I identify with the least: 7 - I'll consider "the neighbours" to a certain degree but I'm still going to build it the way I want.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My choices

1. For me - I dont need a fence
2. For someone else - building one sounds like fun got a picture of what you want it to look like, [figures out the concepts behind different fence styles], makes a few notes on napkin in regards to amount of wood per panel, etc and heads to home depot with drawing and notes. Plans are for those who dont understand what they are doing :)

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[Ordered by most to least.]

4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidelines.

8. I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time.

The 8 Functions talk about building a fence

IMO, this isn't the best way to test someone's preferences. There are several reasons why someone would choose their least preferred function. For example, I will care about my neighbor's feelings only when it affects their daily lives. If my fence is somehow blocking the pipes or the town's sight-seeing view, I will change my fence. Or if someone wants a beautiful, lasting fence for family & friends, they have to be extremely diligent about the fence's structures and building material.

haha, i can see the value of 8...
it's like, this is my fence, if you really like it too then we'll become instant friends. :laugh:

My reasoning would be that fences break down through time anyway. It doesn't matter if it's my fence or someone else's. I'd rather mark my territory in a place where it counts.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Which 2 of these comments do you identify with most?

Which one of these comments do you identify with least?

4. I’ll take care of looking at the instructions and making sure that we follow the established guidelines.

sculpting

6, 5, then 2

However fences are really practical and kind of dull. So tapping into Ne or Fi would not be ideal.

How about hanging christmas decorations, home decor, or planting a garden-or buying a pet.

My ex ISTP and I went to war over the pet choice. I wanted the three legged dog with one ear and a elizabeth collar because it kept eating it's tail.

He wanted a dog that:
1. was trained
2. didnt jump
3. didnt crap on the crapet
4. rode in his truck
5. played catch

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Which 2 of these comments do you identify with most?
Which one of these comments do you identify with least?

The 8 Functions talk about building a fence

8. I want it to be my own special fence that I can share with others over time

Mine:

Ok, so...Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi?

Also, interesting to see that you identify with Fe. I told you I thought it'd be better than your Fi!

Jaguar

Ok, so...Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi?

Also, interesting to see that you identify with Fe.

Apparently you are the only person in this entire thread who can't read instructions. Lol.

The one I least identified with was #7.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7, and that's about it.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Apparently you are the only person in this entire thread who can't read instructions. Lol.

The one I least identified with was #7.

:D It reminds me of time a friend told me (paraphrased), "Lethe, you're so intuitive you can't see the keyboard!" This was after I made a series of typos in one paragraph.

I'm afraid you'll find this to be true of other iNtuitives. :laugh:

As an undergrad chem major, I have to unfortunately be attentive of the instructions at all times. (Once I get into the upper division courses, they will be less strict.) In all honesty, I would love to say, "Fudge the rules. Let's wing it!"

However fences are really practical and kind of dull. So tapping into Ne or Fi would not be ideal.

Yes, by attaching the functions to an external event or object, it sets the ideal conditions for the best results. The functional results will transform accordingly to what people perceive as the most useful, i.e - business: Te/Fe/Se; sociology, Fe/Fi; philosophy: Ti, Ne.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2, 4 and 5 I identify with the most.

7 and 8 the least.