• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI stereotypes

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree I don't like how people make blanket statements like that either.
Condescending NTs :steam:

Mmm-yeah, blanket statements suck :rolli:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
:smooch:
I was going for irony.
I love all types equally. Especially the annoying types.

Maybe there should be an "ironic emoticon".... (or is there and I just never realized it?)

Yeah, really, Wolfy, as far as most things are concerned, I guess I'm of "average" intelligence too. That's not exactly exactly terrible. IQ tests and school grades aside -- since neither are a measure of how flexible anybody's intelligence is -- as long as you get through life making the most of what you have, who cares how you measure up to others?

Although I like to think I'm way above average when it comes to being affectionate with people I care about. (me: :hug: :smooch: )

Sarah
ISFP

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ's LOVE GOATS.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ's LOVE GOATS.

goat.jpg

OMGISSOTRU!!!:heart::heart::heart::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

Actually...goats creep me out...

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
ISFPs love babies

fat-bastard.jpg

This ones actually kind of true. :blush:

are you kidding? Usually it's dominant intuition types (IN_J/EN_P) who might be enormously fat just from overeating.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I rarely see SJs as close-minded. Most SJs I know are intelligent, and I just see them as stubborn.

wolfy

awsm
Posted by wolfy

ISFPs love babies
fat-bastard.jpg

This ones actually kind of true.
are you kidding? Usually it's dominant intuition types (IN_J/EN_P) who might be enormously fat just from overeating.

I was kidding. I meant I love small children.
Fat Bastard loved to eat babies in Austin Powers so I used the pic.
For the record, I have never eaten a baby. :cool:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are stereotyped as:
-manipulative
-2 faced
-overly emotional
-talk too much (okay this one's true ;P)
I'm an ENFP libertarian so I would have to say the fascist stereotype is misses the target. NFs are about freedom, independence and individuality (completely the opposite of fascism). Also, FP types don't tend to be as emotional as FJ types. Fi is more about chilling out and enjoying each other's company. Most FPs are extremely playful and just want to have fun. The ideal day for many NFPs would be going on an adventure with your friends and exploring a new place. It's true though that we can make overly subjective decisions though. I'm usually pretty rational (strong Te) but I tend not to remember the facts I research as much as the general ideas, my arguments though are at least logical. Finally (almost done I promise ;D), ENFPs can adjust to new circumstances very easily, but only a few of us are 2 faced (I'm direct as hell, it's even almost gotten me in a few fights). Personally, I'm not group oriented at all by nature (although it's still fun sometimes) and I need time to myself frequently. Being an ENFP is all about extending yourself out to new and exciting things and then coming back to re-center yourself and sort out all the accumulated information.

Unique

STP's are seen as steel hearted. This is how I see them anyway, is this true?

Pretty much, we can get emotionally confused though... trying to make something emotional work but using our logic... hard to explain...

it can be very hard on us...

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
  • ENFPs really really want to meet their appointments, but somehow just never can (and in my random sample of n=3 ENFP friends, this is 100% true. Whenever I've planned to do something with an ENFP I always make sure I have a plan B for if when something else came up at the very last second and they can't make it)
  • INFJs have a "genuine desire" to help people. (I'm sorry but that's a load of bull! That's just the tagline in the brochure. I have a genuine compulsion to help people, definitely, but I resent it vehemently most of the time!!)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think we're (ISFPs) as lazy and emo as we're made out to be.

Raphael

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
NT's are seen as cold hearted and cynical. To which I say :hug: . Remember when you pretended to be hurt as a kid to get attention? They're the ones who never grow out of it. Seriously though, I don't know many NT's (2), but one of them is very caring and considerate (to people he thinks are intelligent anyway), the other is all cute trying to pretend he doesn't have emotions, which leads to him not realising when his feelings are showing. During these moments everyone knows exactly how he's going to act, even though he doesn't.

... I've seen loud and violent ISFP's, and non-judgemental, uncontrolling ENTJ's.

Hm. I'm an ENTJ, but I cry at everything; of course, I don't use my emotions to make any decisions. My emotions are always at the surface and I express them constantly even though I'm Mr. Common-Sense - I would never say I was cold-hearted. ENTJs aren't always emotionless, though I won't disagree with being very calculating, cynical, and controlling. :D Unfortunately I think my closest friends are NFs!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INFP stereotype is that we are these hippy-saints who cry at the drop of a hat and cannot do a math problem to save our lives.
Or the opposite: we are these dark, brooding poets filled with righteous anger and speak only in terms of how things make us "feel".
There's a little of truth in both stereotypes, but they are such caricatures!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP: heartless machine. (I'm only partially schizoid. I just need one more statement to be met.)
ISTJ: Loyalist. (The one I know is fine until his plan goes wrong, then he goes psycho, and he is a rebellious one.)

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
SPs have no potential for foresight.
SJs are inflexible assholes.
NFs are useless and pretentious.
NTs are intellectual jerks.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
As it happens, Godzilla himself is most likely an ISFJ.