• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI stereotypes

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Heey.. I like my robot jokes.

And we are SO not wishy-washy. I am ever-the-committed one when it's something awesome like comic books. Its just the boring things like, you know, careers, and life-goals.. I'm getting distracted just thinking about it.
I was going to respond to this post but I got distracted by a random thought.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That one about SPs not being reliable. I forgot to pick you up from the grocery store because I was busy making you a jammin' mixtape. :cheese:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
Pretty much all the sensor stereotypes are a total joke:

ISTJs aren't all boring and humorless bean-counters (well, my ISTJ sister certainly isn't! Jeez, you wonder about the mental capacities of people who make up this sort of nonsense.)
ESTJs aren't all rulemonger monsters (well, my boss isn't anything of the sort. She Gets Thing Done in an very orderly, time-sensitive fashion, and I love her.)
ISFJs aren't all wishy-washy pushovers (well, my ISFJ dad isn't -- he's got an analytical mind and isnt' afraid to use it)
ESFJs aren't all gushy sentimental fools (I have several ESFJ coworkers who really do have an amazing capacity to care about others in practical ways, and who would think that an extremely unfair judgement of them)

ISFPs aren't all aimless, sappy flower children (it's been ages since the 1960s, people -- think up some new imagery to describe us, why dontcha...)
ESFPs aren't all party animals (I know of a number of them who don't need to act like drunken goofballs to get lots of positive attention for their obvious talents)
ESTPs aren't all scheming, criminal con-artists (and anyone who thinks so has watched way too many Hollywood movie and doesn't have any actual imagination at all! Honestly... )
ISTPs aren't all car mechanics (c'mon people, show us you have some actual insight into what it means to be dominant Ti when you write up those ISTP type descriptions!)

:)

Sarah
ISFP

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
If it were guaranteed that all ISTP's were mechanics, I'd totally go find one now. :heart:

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
If it were guaranteed that all ISTP's were mechanics, I'd totally go find one now. :heart:

Well, after I typed that, I kind of have to admit that I think the Car Talk guys on NPR are probably ISTPs. And I think they're fabulous. So maybe not AAALLLLLLL ISTPs are car mechanics, but also, maybe quite a few are. ;)

Sarah
ISFP

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTJs aren't all rulemonger monsters (well, my boss isn't anything of the sort. She Gets Thing Done in an very orderly, time-sensitive fashion, and I love her.)

:hug:

We also aren't all cubicle bosses (although I occasionally imitate a certain Mr. Lumbergh of Office Space fame [probably an ESTJ] at my friends: "*tss*, hi. What's... hhhhhhhhhappening? About those... TPS reports... yyyyeah.")

And guess what? We function perfectly well when NOT in leadership positions! OMG!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
that F's mean that we can't think. good god, it's just how our DECISIONS are made. if anything i'll say S vs N is better at our decision process because it's 'how we see the world'. i think there are too many T's that think they know more than an F just because they like to flaunt it, where as the F values the harmony of the group, and hence wouldn't say anything to make anyone feel out of pace.

grrrr... i wanna just be completely dogmatic for a month or so just to shut people up.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, no big deal.

there's a difference. decisions as in whether to move house, whether to fire someone or to shut someone up during a discussion. NOT whether plato's theory of forms is the basis of modern virtue ethics. you would think a T would be smarter than that :p.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
there's a difference. decisions as in whether to move house, whether to fire someone or to shut someone up during a discussion. NOT whether plato's theory of forms is the basis of modern virtue ethics. you would think a T would be smarter than that :p.

I was agreeing about Fs and decision making vs. thinking... but your decisions are more integral to how other people will perceive you than what you think about Plato.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
that F's mean that we can't think. good god, it's just how our DECISIONS are made. if anything i'll say S vs N is better at our decision process because it's 'how we see the world'. i think there are too many T's that think they know more than an F just because they like to flaunt it, where as the F values the harmony of the group, and hence wouldn't say anything to make anyone feel out of pace.

grrrr... i wanna just be completely dogmatic for a month or so just to shut people up.

What the hell you saying! You mean that Eff's might be able to think and Tee's might be able to feel :huh:

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I was agreeing about Fs and decision making vs. thinking... but your decisions are more integral to how other people will perceive you than what you think about Plato.

eh, what people think are something else. i have no problems being seen as a people person first. what i don't like is if i'm seen as a stupid people person.

yep, an F that can think. GAH!

sarah

soft and silky
MBTI Type
isfp
I don't mind people thinking I'm stupid. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. :doh:

Hm.. I'm not a self-described brilliant genius, but I do mind people calling SPs and SJs stupid simply because they're not "N"s. There's a lot of leeway between

brilliant at everything ___________________________________stupid at everything

and most people I know are smart in some ways and dumb in other ways. :)

Sarah
ISFP

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Hm.. I'm not a self-described brilliant genius, but I do mind people calling SPs and SJs stupid simply because they're not "N"s. There's a lot of leeway between

Sarah
ISFP
Yeah I never got where S" people being stupid came from either apart from a strange superiority complex from some Ns who influenced other Ns(ahem, SHEEP ALERT!):coffee:

wolfy

awsm

Sarah
ISFP

I agree I don't like how people make blanket statements like that either.
Condescending NTs :steam:

Sometimes I'm smart sometimes I'm stupid usually I'm just, I don't know ...
average.