• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI stereotypes

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP's = Fall Out Boy

INTJ's are smart and cold <<<<< not true all the time

ESTJ's are boring

INFJ's are everyone's personal Jesus

ESFJ = Soccer Mom

ENTP = irresponsible and rule breaking

ISFJ = door mats

INTP = evil genius

S's are more detail orientated than N's
Thinkers are smarter than Feelers
and Feelers are more Empathetic than Thinkers
if your emotions get the best of you, one becomes too subjective...traditionally
not to empathetic if you ask me
Feelers, when feelings are hurt, may seek revenge without sway
not too luvy duvy, is it ?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
... poor pluto. Yes, we should sympathise in stead of hurting its feelings!!:hug:
Brilliant NFP example, CC!:thumbup:
I wanted to reply to your "down to earth" comment by posting a picture of Pluto or something, I swear I'm not an idiot/dork :ninja: ... Anyhow, I came across that image and couldn't resist, so yeah.

Thanks. :)

LOL

That's in Seattle. I think I've been to that Tully's.
nemo, YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYYYY!!!!!

:wub: :heart: :wub: :heart: :wubbie: :heart: :wubbie:

nemo

Enneagram
<3
So this is no fiction??
People actually protested to support Pluto's planet status??
Whoever said Americans lack humour, must have been joking :D (forgive me my generalization, but it is meant as a compliment :yes:)

I've been sitting here debating whether or not I should post a link to pictures of the last Fremont Parade in Seattle, particularly with all the naked people in body paint riding their bikes around. Oh well...

INTJ: egotistical borderline-autistics
ENTJ: scheming Eric Cartman-types
INTP: nihilistic self-doubters
ENTP: Machiavellian (srsly? I never heard this one until I came here)

PS:

Hiiiiiiiiiiii CC!!!!!

:heart: :wub: :heart: :wub:

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Nemo and CC, seeing you two together makes me sentimental :)

Machiavellian for ENTP is also something I first saw here. I'd call them direct, but maybe even lacking the patience to be truly Machiavellian. I think all NT's have a fair dose of it, and of all I see it least in the ENTP's. But this thread is not about reality, it is about stereotypes...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ's are Dolphins

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tnx for the hint. But the site troubled me... Too much is too much :)

whiskey is as straight as a man can get, i reckon
but don't trouble yourself over us INFJ's in a concentrated area
its a requiem for a dream

and since INFJ's are the most metaphorical little ninnies
it'd be a waist to look on us expecting someone who isn't insane
darn Ni to the nth

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
INTP: Biggest douche on the rack.

INTPs are social animals, but only with their toy dinosaurs and dragons and wizards and most spend all their time in their parents' basement playing video games and applying genetic adhesive to scurrilous magazines. The knowledge they acquire in each field is less than expert but mildly surpasses that of the completely apathetic. They think what they think about to be interesting until they say it out loud and bore themselves to stomach ulcers.

Other types tolerate INTPs, but only until they leave the room which is when the real fun begins. The INTPs themselves are happy as they battle fictitious monsters in their fantasy worlds and the only ones to really make a name for themselves are serial killers like Joel Rifkin and Edmund Kemper.

Most are a biological mistake that communities for whatever reason have chosen to accept on an ethical basis. However, in the middle ages, all INTPs were impaled through a spike a minute after birth and they were the third group on the "burning" list for the Holy Inquisition after Protestants and witches.

If you ever meet an INTP, please placate them so they'll never know how everyone else truly rates them, which can range from fair to poor.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
According to Myer briggs, I'm supposedly callous and cynical. But I don't see myself in that light! I think I'm especially warm hearted. I recently discovered that I was completely oblivious to ways in which I disregarded people's feelings. But still, I intend to be nice. That's what counts, right?... Right?
Nah. I'm just an ENFP wannabe.

I'm like that, too.

INTJs are freaks. Introverted tertiary Fi makes them try to think they're good and warm and fuzzy when they're really, really not. It ends up looking like Godzilla trying to hug a kitten.

INTJs who try to be nice usually just don't cut it. But you know, it never hurts to try...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Not all stereotypes are bad.

They're also not always incorrect.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not all stereotypes are bad.

They're also not always incorrect.

Stereotypes are generalizations. Generalizations create encompassing categories for things by sacrificing accuracy. Stereotypes may be true for a majority but not for everything in a group. The difference between a stereotype and a generalization, though, is that a stereotype is usually considered derogatory in some way.

...or something like that...

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Fallout Boy? Nah, we're more like Leonard Cohen

Stereotpyically speaking, that is.

Leonard Cohen rules! :D

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Biggest,Dumbest,Worst stereotypes on MBTI?

What do you think is most common stereotype in MBTI about your type, or the other ones?
Explain where the stereotype comes from, in your opinion.
(I'm a peace and love promoter in case you haven't noticed)
and...
Start!:D

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
NFs are stupid.
NTs have no feelings.
I think it's because of elitism and immaturity on both sides.
But mostly a lack of understanding.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx