User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    What MBTI stereotypes are there?
    Why are they there?
    How true are they?

SJ's are seen as rigid and closed minded. However, I would say they are traditional, so if the tradition is to be flexible and open minded, then they will become such. They simply have a strong desire for rules and familiarality, because of this it takes a little more time for them to change their views.

SFP's are seen as unintellectual. I would try and counter, but all my real life experiences have supported this. I would say that they have a different kind of intellect, but I'm too tired after a long lecture to feel about that.

STP's are seen as steel hearted. This is how I see them anyway, is this true?

NF's are seen as whiney, facist, and preachy. Never met an NF like this, they're probably the most accepting of people, especially NFP's. I've always seen them as the people who find it awkward to talk about their views and morals. Maybe that's just INF's.

NT's are seen as cold hearted and cynical. To which I say . Remember when you pretended to be hurt as a kid to get attention? They're the ones who never grow out of it. Seriously though, I don't know many NT's (2), but one of them is very caring and considerate (to people he thinks are intelligent anyway), the other is all cute trying to pretend he doesn't have emotions, which leads to him not realising when his feelings are showing. During these moments everyone knows exactly how he's going to act, even though he doesn't.

The best way to see types for what they are, is probably to get the common denominators they share. I've seen loud and violent ISFP's, and non-judgemental, uncontrolling ENTJ's. It's going to be difficult.

SJ's: I'm pretty sure most that i know don't fit that stereotype
    SFPS:I don't know what 'real life experience' you have with SFP's, but I know several who are highly intelligent- and I do believe that some (as with NFPs) go into the sciences. I can also think of a few politicians I admire who might be SFP's.

As for theorists, and 'trying to pretend not to have feeling' some people who do That actually are Dominant introverted feeling types. (introverted feeling his soooo discouraged by U.S culture)

STP's are not steel hearted. No one is truly steel-hearted, only unhealthy people might temporarily seem that way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't remember making this thread

What was I doing the day this was made? *checks diary*, hmm I really should start keeping a diary.

I swear I didn't, and wouldn't post something like this.

I disagree with all of it

Okay maybe not the STP part 100%, but at least 60%.

What the hell is going on?!?!

Stereotypes? There are loads, but they differ with each individual, around MBTI types anyway. Now don't make any more stupid threads....Idiot.
    I think someone is drugging me in my sleep...

Stereotype - That S's are dumber and can't comprehend complicated theoretical information.

Truth - I know a LOT of S's and all of us can indeed understand more abstract info - we just aren't as interested.

I can only speak for myself, here's one SJ that hates rules :steam:but I am borderline SP so now I am unintelligent not

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    STP's are seen as steel hearted. This is how I see them anyway, is this true?
    Not exactly...it's more of a steel exterior. I feel most emotions (for some reason, enthusiasm is just not really something I have at all), it's just that what shows up externally operates in a very narrow range.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

All ENFJs are Jim Jones cult leaders in the making!

I'll have you lot understand that I would NEVER set up my compound in a jungle! That's so bourgeois!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MEC View Post
    I can only speak for myself, here's one SJ that hates rules :steam:but I am borderline SP so now I am unintelligent not
    I only like rules that are legitimately formulated, equally enforced, and necessary for the endeavor to function. Then I make sure they are followed. But right vs. wrong is more important than allowed vs. unallowed.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I only like rules that are legitimately formulated, equally enforced, and necessary for the endeavor to function. Then I make sure they are followed. But right vs. wrong is more important than allowed vs. unallowed.
    Very apt (and interesting) way of putting it.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hey, thanks for the positive feedback. I guess it's the constitutional scholar in me. Rules are important to society, but freedom is paramount.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"