User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Although you are right about EPs tending to be more impulsive and thrill-seeking the EXFPs are more likely to be careful of letting out secrets as they usually can't stand the burden of a friend being annoyed at them.
    Their own secrets, as long as it won't hurt others, can be shared out quite easily. I know an ESFP who is perhaps the best secret keeper I've met and tells other people freely about his personal information. The EXFPs in my experience are the ones who would only let out a secret if the person they are telling doesn't know the person with the secret or if they don't really think it's a secret to keep and to say it thinking it won't bother the person with the secret.
    no esfp are not very good at keeping secrets, but what they are good at is telling the secrets to the right people in discrete manners. The right people meaning people like me who don't really give a crap. So I mean they are good at being secretive about telling your secrets haha.

Sorry I never answered your real question, in my opinion Extroverted Feeling types are going to be the ones to spill the beans. They spend the most time thinking/talking about people.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If you think that, you've yet to meet substitute.

I would say that while Es might be more likely to blab a secret to a group, an Introvert is more likely to find it difficult to keep secrets from someone they're close to. So it's not that Introverts are better at keeping them, it's just that we're better at keeping people from finding out that we told their secret... usually. Because we might only tell it to one person (almost always another I), and then hint for them to keep it quiet (which actually works better than explicitly calling it a secret), and it would take a few months/years before they found someone to tell, etc...

Also, I don't consider it telling the secret if I'm vague, don't include any details, and tell only people who weren't involved in the situation, who wouldn't be able to figure out what I meant.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I would say that while Es might be more likely to blab a secret to a group, an Introvert is more likely to find it difficult to keep secrets from someone they're close to. So it's not that Introverts are better at keeping them, it's just that we're better at keeping people from finding out that we told their secret... usually.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking 'nah, no way, I would never sell out a secret to people like that, this is nonsense'... then I realized that I often have because I don't consider it such a big deal. I think EXFJs might be more prone to spilling their own secrets in group settings, I've seen it happen more than once at least, so I suspect it may be true.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking 'nah, no way, I would never sell out a secret to people like that, this is nonsense'... then I realized that I often have because I don't consider it such a big deal. I think EXFJs might be more prone to spilling their own secrets in group settings, I've seen it happen more than once at least, so I suspect it may be true.
    I've known a number of EXFJs (all girls) who have confessed to a sordid past of being the school gossip. They'd used gossip and secret-blabbing as a means of becoming liked and gaining entrance to the inner rings of those "in the know". Bartering sensitive gossip for popularity, basically. There was more to it than that though, I think.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've known a number of EXFJs (all girls) who have confessed to a sordid past of being the school gossip. They'd used gossip and secret-blabbing as a means of becoming liked and gaining entrance to the inner rings of those "in the know". Bartering sensitive gossip for popularity, basically. There was more to it than that though, I think.
    If we're talking highschool age, then I absolutely agree. I can't remember a single girl friend from my adolescence (myself included) that didn't behave badly towards another girl at some point. And in that particular context- yes, ExFJs are the worst.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

yep, my ex best friend from HS, ENFJ.. biggest gossiper on Earth. She is not mean person but does mean stuff...

yea I gossip a lot too lol just to see how people would react.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've always thought EXFJs were the worst (at this) for some reason.
    I figured ESxPs, to be honest.

(Although in church settings, the ESFJs always got a bad rap for public gossip, whether or not that's true.)

Introverts tend to gossip more on a personal level (e.g., the phone chain). The introversion really helps them internalize the information and keep a tighter rein on it. I have extroverted friends who seem to be asking questions like, "Oh, gee, did I just say that out loud?" When you operate externally (and that's where you "live" so to speak), the processing and dialogue all happens on that external level; introverts tend to bring everything inside of them or just into very personal 1-on-1 settings before pushing the information all around.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    <snip>, but what they are good at is telling the secrets to the right people in discrete manners. The right people meaning people like me who don't really give a crap.
    One of my INTJ friends knows secrets from me that he really doesn't give a flip about. The funny thing is that the few secrets I think he would actually care about I haven't told him.

I tend to have to be careful about spilling people's secrets, and if I do it's normally "I know a guy who likes to be dommed but won't tell his wife." So, yeah, it's a secret that is never going to effect him because I wouldn't say that to anyone who would matter to his life.

Truth is, you have to be careful around people who you notice are spilling other people's secrets, because they will spill yours. I've also found that once you get close to "non-spillers" they will spill much of their knowledge anyway.

Interestingly enough I am very good at never spilling secrets that could cause someone to lose a job. I knew someone who was getting legally binding secrets from their bf and passing them around to friends. That seemed rather awful to me.

I would rather be personally involved with someone than just someone telling me their "secrets" - big deal. Most "secrets" are excessively lame anyway.