• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you relate to your type's profile?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTP:
- Clever : yes, but seriously who tells 'i'm a 10 at clever' without losing some credibility points
- Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick. 8?
- Love to argue, often to show off their skills - 10
- Perverse Sense of Humor - 8
- Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate - 10 Anybody who tries to understand anything should do that, otherwise ur just heading for heavy bias land. Or caring about people *shudders*
- Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport - 7 - I'm getting better at knowing when people 'll get hurt, it's just that I don't always care.
- Innovative and ingenious at problem solving - 8 yes? Well relatively to people around me i'd give it a 10,
- Occasionally outsmart themselves - ? that's more of an empty formula than anything else, Ne isn't taking mushrooms, it's just finding/making connections
- Cut corners with little regard for rules - 10 as a lifestyle, yes
- Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point - I don't, know? 4 ?
- Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones - 10!
- Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences - again 10, i can be extremely sensitive about small things concerning my own vision of confort and am all cheerful and positive in situation that'd make most people depressive.
- Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination 10 actually you can only motivate me to do something boring , such as college work when there's only 6 hours left and 'it's just not feasible!!'
- ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. 10, i used to enjoy puting people down, but i became too blasé, i only do it when it's some sort of a minor challenge
- Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general. 10 yes people find me extremely charming when life's good, otherwise i'm really not a people person until i get my shit back on tracks
- Capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones
- Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest 10 oh yes
- Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. 9 yup when i feel like it i'm really good at making new friends, tho when life sucks i just, don't feel like it at all.
- ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience
10 x 10²

INTP: i get associable at time so why not (no i'm not really an intp)
- Pensive & analytical 7
- Appear Detached 10 at times, but the opposite when i'm in social mode
- Oblivious to the world around them 4 ? I don't know, it's a wierd question
- Precise about descriptions and often correct others 2
- Amendable and easy going until their principles are violated, in which case they become outspoken and inflexible, and then return back to normal to avoid the spotlight. Well, I do have a few principles about my idea of fairness, and they are like, the one thing i take seriously at all so 9
- Have a haunting sense of impending failure and spend a considerable time second guessing themselves no? 0
- An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition 1? Well i use arguing as a way to think, i don't prepare what i say, but convincing myself don't seem like me at all, it suggests some kind of 'truth seeking'
- Thrive on systems -8 noo!!
- Concentrate and detach until time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli is held at bay - 0 i'm utterly incapable of this.
- Use of acquired knowledge isn't high priority 10
- Obsessed with logical correctness, mistakes are often because of missed details The thing about some logical system building lovers is that they tend to take too little elements into account and the extra rigorousness don't save them from stating utter small minded laughable bullshit.
.!

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. How sure are you of your type?
100%. I've experimented with other flavors on my own. Nothing is the perfect fit like the INTJ.

2. Do you trust online profiles?
Being balanced made the MB profiles ineffective when deciding my type. The functions were more helpful in figuring out the right shoe.

===========================

I never had the patience to sit through typelogic's INTJ description, but reading it now, it's spot on. (Side note: You can tell which types the author knows better! :laugh:) There's nothing I disagreed with.

*Frequency: (Lower list number: Most; Higher list number: Least)
Top [Five] Fitting Qualities (All 10/10.)

1. Start to build specialized knowledge systems at an early age, and often have many of these. (10/10)

2. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project. (10/10)

3. Near endless capacity for improving things that take their interest. (10/10)

4. Pragmatic. Ruthlessly apply the criterion: Does it work? To everything (including social norms). (10/10)

5. Have a gift for seizing opportunities that others might have not known existed. (10/10)

[Six] Other Fitting Qualities # 1

6. Possess the unusual combination of imagination and reliability. (10/10)

7. Perfectionists. (8/10 - 10/10)

8. Slackers loose INTJ respect. (7/10 - 10/10)

9. Capable of caring deeply for others, but usually just a select few. (10/10)

10. Find personal relationships difficult. (7/10 - 10/10)

11. Willing to work at relations. (10/10)

[Five] Other Fitting Qualities # 2

12. Use Ni to emulate F like compassion and such. (10/10)

13. Know what they know, and are very aware of what they don't know. (7.5/10 - 10/10)

14. Mask their unconventionality with surface conventionality. (8/10 - 10/10. I often use Te when interacting.)

15. Can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy.) (10/10)

16. Characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications. (10/10)

[Five] Semi-Fitting Qualities

17. INTJs typically do whatever they know, (8.5/10) and it's typically science based. (6/10)

18. Usually extremely private and impassive. (3/10 - 8/10)

19. Want people to make sense. (5/10 - 7/10)

20. To outsiders, may appear to have an aura of self confidence, often mistaken for arrogance by the less decisive. (6/10)

21. Little patience and understanding for small talk and flirting. (6/10)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
1. How sure are you of your type? 50%
2. Do you trust online profiles? No.

- To outsiders, may appear to have an aura of self confidence, often mistaken for arrogance by the less decisive

10. I used to seem standoffish to people who didn't know me.

- Start to build specialized knowledge systems at an early age, and often have many of these

8. Yes, most certainly.

- Know what they know, and are very aware of what they don't know

8. This is the ideal.

- Perfectionists

8. Less so, as I mature.

- Near endless capacity for improving things that take their interest

7. See above.

- Pragmatic: ruthlessly apply the criterion: does it work? to everything (including social norms)

10. I enjoy this practice, as it gives me pause to troubleshoot what is relevant in my immediate world, and what can be discarded.

- Possess the unusual combination of imagination and reliability
Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project.

5. I dislike consistent reliability. Makes the target soft.

- Slackers lose INTJ respect

2. I like some slackers.

- Have a gift for seizing opportinities that others might have not known existed.

- INTJs typically do whatever they know, and it's typically science based

5-8, depending on what this specifically means. Vague.

- Mask their unconventionality with surface conventionality

9. This precondition transcends type.

- can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy)

Eh - 6.

- Find personal relationships difficult

- Capable of caring deeply for others, but usually just a select few

8. Not for want of compassion, or empathy. I just dislike extending myself into territories unexplored.

- Little patience and understanding for small talk and flirting.

4. Time and a place.

- Usually extremely private and impassive

4. Nah. What you see is generally what you get. I dislike excessive privacy; makes one's psychology fragile.

- Want people to mahttp://www.typologycentral.com/forums/mbti-tm-enneagram-other-personality-matrices/21104-how-much-do-you-relate-your-type-s-profile.html#post806776ke sense

3. People rarely make sense. It's sensible to remember this.

- Willing to work at relations

8. Who isn't?

- Use Ni to emulate F like compassion and such

2 - I don't "emulate" much. I dislike insincerity, and am reluctant to adopt any practice that actively encourages it.

- Characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

8. I've been on my own since I was 17.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
1. How sure are you of your type? 99%
2. Do you trust online profiles? Most of them are pretty decent.

- To outsiders, may appear to have an aura of self confidence, often mistaken for arrogance by the less decisive: About half the time people think I'm really arrogant, the other half they think I'm really weird
- Start to build specialized knowledge systems at an early age, and often have many of these: Yes, although not all of them are that practical
- Know what they know, and are very aware of what they don't know:I think so.
- Perfectionists: Yah.
- Near endless capacity for improving things that take their interest:Yah.
- Pragmatic: ruthlessly apply the criterion: does it work? to everything (including social norms): Yes, but I've eased up on this, I don't try to evaluate things that will never be logical.
- Possess the unusual combination of imagination and reliability:I like to think so.
Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project: Yep.
- Slackers loose INTJ respect: Depends what I expect from them, but generally, yes.
- Have a gift for seizing opportinities that others might have not known existed: Sure, sometimes.
- INTJs typically do whatever they know, and it's typically science based: I tend to stick with what I know, and I love science, but I'm actually not that great at it.
- Mask their unconventionality with surface conventionality: Yes, if I'm trying to get a job or something.
- can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy): No idea. Probably.
- Find personal relationships difficult: More like, a pain.
- Capable of caring deeply for others, but usually just a select few: Yep.
- Little patience and understanding for small talk and flirting: There's good small talk and flirting, but yeah, most of it is tedious.
- Usually extremely private and impassive: Yes, I am a VERY private person for the most part.
- Want people to make sense: Kinda given up on that.
- Willing to work at relations: Not any more hah.
- Use Ni to emulate F like compassion and such: Yes, I can use Ni to develop empathy.
- Characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications: I would love to be characterized as "robust" but I think this bit was talking about established INTJ relationships. It definitely applies to mine.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. How sure are you of your type? 100% INFP, no doubt
2. Do you trust online profiles? I take them as an individual or team interpretation of how the functions of a type are likely to work. Type profiles are kind of like caricatures.

INFP:
- Strong sense of wonder
- See life through rose coloured glasses No...I have an idealized vision of how things should be, meaning I see real life very critically.
- flora and fauna take on near-human qualities. :doh: We're not mentally insane. I don't hear voices either, for the record :D
- As children switch from reality to fantasy and back again (rug-rats style) I don't know about switching back and forth so much as blurring lines.
- Almost always develop imaginary playmates (as children) No way, but my toys were given complex personalities.
- Sees the good in anything and everything, pity even the most unlovable things I see the good, but it does not blind me from the bad and seeing the big picture. I can definitely be a bleeding heart.
- Extreme depth of feeling is hidden from others (often even themselves), until sparked Oh yeah....
- Struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection The wording on this is strange, but I take it to mean I have a hard time accepting I realistically cannot live up to my very high standards.
- An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil Yes, it can be very universal. Sometimes it feels like "me against the world".
- Have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms. Yes.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. How sure are you of your type? __%

75% certain.
Somewhat. They seem plausible.

INFJ:
- Quiet Exterior[/quote]

Yes.
- Hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life
I think so, although most people might not consider the matters I hold convictions about to be all that weighty, and think that I'm quite passe about many things that are actually important. Depends on your perspective.

- Gravitate towards the role of activists, are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

Quite the opposite. I almost never gravitate towards that role, and if I do it's for myself or someone I personally value.
- INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden
Well, I wouldn't call myself a "champion," but I help them out when an opportunity to do so presents itself. Otherwise, I don't think too much about it. It's depressing, and there's not much you can do about it overall.
- may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless

Sometimes, maybe. But I prefer to fantasize about a world where either no one is defenseless, or no one victimizes anyone else.
- Find the concept of poetic justice appealing
Yes.
- Acute to the motives of others, and not easily mislead
I'd like to think so, anyway. I think I'm above average, but not by much.
- Affable and sympathetic to most, but selective about their friends
Definitely.
- Believe that friendship is a symbolic bond that transcends mere words

Not really. That sounds a little crazy.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
1. How sure are you of your type? 62%
2. Do you trust online profiles? No.

- To outsiders, may appear to have an aura of self confidence, often mistaken for arrogance by the less decisive

Heh, yep. 'Arrogant know-it-all' is my pet name given to me by my family.

- Start to build specialized knowledge systems at an early age, and often have many of these

Yep.

Absolutely. It's why I can excel academically with minimal effort.

- Perfectionists

Unfortunately, yes.

I can see that, yeah.

- Pragmatic: ruthlessly apply the criterion: does it work? to everything (including social norms)

Yep. Unfortunately, most of the people I'm around don't tend to agree with me, which can be frustrating.

I guess, yeah.

- Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project.

Yep.

- Slackers lose INTJ respect

Eh. Not really. I'm not as disciplined as I could be, so I exhibit those tendencies myself.

- Have a gift for seizing opportinities that others might have not known existed.

Yep.

Yes. I don't like doing things if I know I can't do them well. Which I think amounts to the same thing.

Only when required.

- can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or the desire for privacy)

I wouldn't know.

Yeah, unfortunately.

Yes. Partly due to the above, and partly due to the fact that it takes too much energy to care for many people at once.

Definitely. Small talk is irritating, and most flirting goes right over my head.

- Usually extremely private and impassive

Yep.

- Want people to make sense

Yeah, though they never seem to.

If I care enough, yes.

With people I'm only ever going to see in passing (such as when I'm dealing with customers), sure. With people I actually care about, no.

Yep.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
1 almost 100%
I forgot how I first stumbled upoun the test. At first I scored INTP but I never really felt like the profile fit me that well. Then I read the profile for ENTP and I knew that was me.

2 Im not shure If your refering to the tests they have online or just the profiles in general. I guess If I was to assume the "in general" version I would say, the MBTI types are kind of perfect in the fact that they are specific enough not to allow horoscope like foerer effects yet vague enough that a wide variety of people could all fit under one type. For what its designed to do at its core(categorize people) it does its job pretty well.

ENTP:
- Clever
a 9 just because I dont want to seem full of myself-
Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick.
8 Im often described as quick witted-
Love to argue, often to show off their skills
8 Unfortunatly most people dont appreciate the fun of arguing as much.
- Perverse Sense of Humor
6 Im not shure what is meant by this, Im assuming by perverse they mean Twisted.
- Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate
7 I try not too just because it tends to upset people.- Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport
8 I think my score is lower as I am but when I was younger this happened alot
- Innovative and ingenious at problem solving
7.5 I think this is kind of an overstatement but when I need to do somthing I do it well.
- Occasionally outsmart themselves
? I am unfamiliar with this saying
- Cut corners with little regard for rules
9 Its a bit of a bad habit but I do it.
- Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point
5 I scared a few people away from my group in science class when I started talking about launching a prothstetic stunt dummy through the air.- Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones
- Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences
7 Yes but that is keepping in mind with the next one
- Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination
10 ILL TAKE THE WHOLE WORLD ON MOFO
- ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this.
9 Its not somthing I like admiting too but yes. Even when Im trying to be nice it seeps through that I thinkknow your a total idiot.
- Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.
7 Im pretty laid back.
- Capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones
3 I guess?
- Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest
9 Many people are quite shocked once they get to know me.
- Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are.
10 I can tell the difference between a boring person and an interesting one, Its almost like a sixth sense.
7 I try not to be but I do fall into this trap quite often, more often then Id care to admit.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I

Oh, and firstly:

1. I'm pretty sure.
2. sometimes

ENFP:
- Both "Idea" people and "people" people
- See everything in a bizarre cosmic whole

- Want to help and be liked and admired by people
- Interested in new ideas on principle, then ditch most of them for some reason or another
- Zany Charm
- Unconventional, but despite that, still able to fit in with stodgy types of people- Outgoing, fun, generally like people.
- Towards SOs
*warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous.
*sort attention span, short relationships
- Easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time.
- Less mature: may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time.
- Strong Convictions
- They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
- Pleasant, easy going and fun to work with
- Good at brainstorming
- Procrastinators
- Lack follow-through

- Hate Bureaucracy (ie. administration, officials etc.)
- Soft Hearted
- Have a "silly switch", flicker between intellectual and captain wild child.
- Appear intoxicated when switch is on
- Natural propensity for role playing and acting.
- Have a 'close enough is satisfactory' attitude
- All about friends
- Have difficulty being alone
- Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
About 70% sure of my type. You never know...
I guess I "trust" online profiles. I look at many sources and try to find the overlap or general trends, supported by my own interpretations from the base theory.

Description from TypeLogic (comments are in italics) :

ISTJ

Inspectors. -- I still think that's a good fit.

Keen sense of right and wrong, especially in their area of interest and/or responsibility. -- I guess so, with a really strong emphasis on the difference between whether I care about it or not. In other words, emphasis on that last half of the sentence.

Devotion to duty. -- I guess so.

Punctuality is a watchword. -- It's something I value, at least.

The secretary, clerk, or business(wo)man by whom others set their clocks. -- Probably.

Often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. -- Others say so, yes.

Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something done without considerable energy loss. -- Strong agreement. I can feel myself having to stop, brace, and build up energy when preparing to do that.

Are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am."

Seem to perform at highest efficiency when employing a step-by-step approach.

Once a new procedure has proven itself (i.e., has been shown "to work,") they can be depended upon to carry it through, even at the expense of their own health. -- True, though exaggerated. And even then...I can think of one or two times where that may have been applicable.

Easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. -- Strong agreement on both parts.

Usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked.

Don't mince words, truth wins out over tact. -- I disagree with this one. I try to be tactful but honest. If it's not necessary to be blunt, then I find it often more useful to avoid being blunt. This means withholding opinions or information at first.

Their grim determination vindicates itself in officiation of sports events, judiciary functions, or any other situation which requires making tough calls and sticking to them. -- I'm good at sticking to tough calls, but not always at making them. Especially not quickly.

Drawn into the service of established institutions. Home, social clubs, government, schools, the military, churches, these are their bastions. -- This has really never been true for me.

"We've always done it this way" is often reason enough. -- I must clarify that one by saying that what most often happens is me not even realizing it could be done another way until someone suggests it. That takes me a while to digest, and then...we'll see.

Threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations (e.g., a "run" on the bank) are their undoing, and are to be fought at all costs. -- I want to clarify this one by saying that it must usually be important to me, not just to society at large. Though a value for structure in itself may add to that as well.

Last edited:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, apologies to the sensors, I'm editing summaries in as soon as I have the time... I've been a little busy lately :)

And a fair proportion of the descriptions were reworded and such, some of it may be a little confusing. Regarding the whole ENTP outsmarting themselves... I have next to no clue wtf that means, I was hoping someone else would actually know :blush:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Oh, and firstly:
1. How sure are you of your type? 75%
2. Do you trust online profiles? Not particularly. Sort of hit-or-miss. Or "take from them what you can, and ignore the rest". Not like it's an exact science anyway.

INTP:
- Pensive & analytical (9)
- Appear Detached (9)
- Oblivious to the world around them (7)
- Precise about descriptions and often correct others (9)
- Amendable and easy going until their principles are violated, in which case they become outspoken and inflexible, and then return back to normal to avoid the spotlight. (9)
- Have a haunting sense of impending failure and spend a considerable time second guessing themselves (8)
- An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition (5)
- Thrive on systems (8)
- Concentrate and detach until time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli is held at bay (9)
- Use of acquired knowledge isn't high priority (8)
- Obsessed with logical correctness, mistakes are often because of missed details (7)

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
I read my results out loud and had my mother & brother agree or disagree with such statements (they know me better than I know myself). I bold the true (T) and left the false in normal font.

ENTP:
- Clever
- Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick.
- Love to argue, often to show off their skills
- Perverse Sense of Humor
- Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate
- Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport
- Innovative and ingenious at problem solving

- Cut corners with little regard for rules
- Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point
- Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones
- Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences
- Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination
- ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this.
- Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.
- Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest
- Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are.

She agreed especially with the last statement and the one that had to do with arguing.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How certain am I of my type? -- by this point, pretty certain. And pretty much everyone who has met me in person or who I've interacted with via email seem to have no doubt about my INFJ-ness. :)

How much do I trust online profiles? I'll just say there are many contradictions amongst various theories and proponents of mbti, esp. when people read into it too much, much more than they should, and since most of the sites/profiles are generic or else far too restrictive, I relate to little. Going off of profiles, or even cognitive functions to a lesser extent, I'm a combo of many personality types, and I'd say I'm not an 'extreme' INFJ when it comes to a few of the dichotomies. I tend to view all of this stuff on a spectrum anyway...there's a wide variety/array of flavors amongst each type, and you also have to factor in other psychological factors (anxiety, narcissism, other character traits not necessarily associated with any one particular type) that could dramatically impact ones behavior/perception on life.

INFJ:
- Quiet Exterior - YES
- Hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life - YES
- Gravitate towards the role of activists, are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power - NO, definitely not an activist, and I'm also not one who volunteers for any type of organization. I'm pretty introverted and selfish as far as that goes, and as far as externalizing things. I am like the world's worst activist.
- INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden -- NO, not really. I might empathize/defend/etc, but it's not my mission in life to correct society's ills.
- may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless - NO, I don't do revenge
- Find the concept of poetic justice appealing - I can't say 'Yes' or 'No' to this.
- Acute to the motives of others, and not easily mislead YES, although I'll add the caveat that there were a few areas in life that, prior to gaining experience, I was incredibly naive about - thus one could argue I was misled or clueless.
- Affable and sympathetic to most, but selective about their friends YES
- Believe that friendship is a symbolic bond that transcends mere words - Eh, I don't know that I've ever verbalized friendship in such a poetic, rather melodramatic way, but I do choose my friends carefully, am selective, and with those I value/respect/love, I really, really, really cherish my relationship with them and perhaps because these connections are rather few and far between, they become that much more important/meaningful to me.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP:
- Interested in new ideas on principle, then ditch most of them for some reason or another
- Zany Charm
- Unconventional, but despite that, still able to fit in with stodgy types of people
- Outgoing, fun, generally like people.
- Towards SOs
*sort attention span, short relationships
- Easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time.
- Strong Convictions
- They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
- Good at brainstorming
- Procrastinators
- Lack follow-through
- Hate Bureaucracy (ie. administration, officials etc.)
- Soft Hearted
- All about friends
- Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results.

ISFP:

Not much at all really... Nope.... nothing.... It's quite astonishing that I have the nerve to type myself as an ENFP all things considered :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
It's one of 4 possibilities.

They do what they should I suppose. What I don't trust is the subjective interpretations of them.

INTP:
- Pensive & analytical
- Appear Detached
- Oblivious to the world around them
- Precise about descriptions and often correct others
- Amendable and easy going until their principles are violated, in which case they become outspoken and inflexible, and then return back to normal to avoid the spotlight.
- Have a haunting sense of impending failure and spend a considerable time second guessing themselves
- An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition
- Thrive on systems
- Concentrate and detach until time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli is held at bay
- Use of acquired knowledge isn't high priority

- Obsessed with logical correctness, mistakes are often because of missed details

INFJ:
- Quiet Exterior
- Hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life
- Gravitate towards the role of activists, are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
- INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden
- may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless

- Find the concept of poetic justice appealing
- Acute to the motives of others, and not easily mislead
- Affable and sympathetic to most, but selective about their friends
- Believe that friendship is a symbolic bond that transcends mere words

INTJ:
- Perfectionists
- Pragmatic:
ruthlessly apply the criterion: does it work? to everything (including social norms)
Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project.
- Slackers loose INTJ respect

- can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or thedesire for privacy)

- Usually extremely privateand impassive
- Want people to make sense!!!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These profiles do not have sufficient mutual exclusivity.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. How sure are you of your type?
40% but certainty isn't something I'm all that familiar with.

Somewhat, but after seeing some of the results from this thread, it seems as if some types profiles are far better than others.

ENTP:
- Clever oh totally, I'm clever like those raptors that can open doors ;)
- Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick. verbally not so much, but I have surprised myself and others occasionally, mainly when under the influence I think
- Love to argue, often to show off their skills 7 I would have thought showing off skills was more of a crazy SP thing (sorry, I'm generalizing a bit there)
- Perverse Sense of Humor 7~8, humor's humor, I'm not fussed.
- Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate 9
- Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport 10, well, sort of, but it's hard to confuse or hurt dominant thinkers, it's just funny when they notice that I'm arguing for the sake of arguing.
- Innovative and ingenious at problem solving 7 I don't know about that, it depends on the problem
I've never done it... maybe this was just a light-hearted phrase rather than a serious point on ENTPs :thinking:
- Cut corners with little regard for rules 9
- Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point 8 at least when learning skills, or being challenged to lift more than someone else
- Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones 10 I remember really really liking gears when I was younger and I'd mess with them wishing that I'd come up with something bizarre and new
- Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences: 4 I've found that I'm really laid back more than anything, with a small mix of optimism in most cases. but there are some things that scare me, and I subconsciously conjure the worst outcomes, I need to step back and override them when that happens.
- Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination 9 but they're only treated as such until a certain point it seems
- ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. 3 though I'm surrounded by rather intelligent people most of the time
- Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general. 8
- Capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones: I donno about that
- Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest: nah, no way
- Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. 5
- ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience 9 It takes me a while to turn off the audience mode sometimes, and I'm not always entertaining of course, but not many people are... right? :huh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These profiles do not have sufficient mutual exclusivity.

I'd agree with that, it's easy enough to relate to half of the other profiles, perhaps a better site would work, but I picked this one because I'm lazy :D

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP:
- Interested in new ideas on principle, then ditch most of them for some reason or another (I went through a lot of phases when younger :p)
- Zany Charm
- Unconventional, but despite that, still able to fit in with stodgy types of people (yeap.)
- Outgoing, fun, generally like people.
- Towards SOs
*sort attention span, short relationships (I don't think so! Well I DO have a short attention span but I don't jump from relationship to relationship)
- Easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. (friends no, acquaintances yes, but I can remember people from my past quite accurately.)
- Strong Convictions
- They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world. (I'm not sure about this one)
- Good at brainstorming
- Procrastinators
- Lack follow-through
- Hate Bureaucracy (ie. administration, officials etc.)[/B]
- Soft Hearted
- All about friends

Quite accurate but somehow I don't think I have the capability to be so flighty with relationships, I'm pretty loyal when it comes to that. I think I'm a sligtly expressed E, actually.