User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Yes, apologies to the sensors, I'm editing summaries in as soon as I have the time... I've been a little busy lately

And a fair proportion of the descriptions were reworded and such, some of it may be a little confusing. Regarding the whole ENTP outsmarting themselves... I have next to no clue wtf that means, I was hoping someone else would actually know
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Oh, and firstly:
    1. How sure are you of your type? 75%
    2. Do you trust online profiles? Not particularly. Sort of hit-or-miss. Or "take from them what you can, and ignore the rest". Not like it's an exact science anyway.
    INTP:
    - Pensive & analytical (9)
    - Appear Detached (9)
    - Oblivious to the world around them (7)
    - Precise about descriptions and often correct others (9)
    - Amendable and easy going until their principles are violated, in which case they become outspoken and inflexible, and then return back to normal to avoid the spotlight. (9)
    - Have a haunting sense of impending failure and spend a considerable time second guessing themselves (8)
    - An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition (5)
    - Thrive on systems (8)
    - Concentrate and detach until time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli is held at bay (9)
    - Use of acquired knowledge isn't high priority (8)
    - Obsessed with logical correctness, mistakes are often because of missed details (7)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I read my results out loud and had my mother & brother agree or disagree with such statements (they know me better than I know myself). I bold the true (T) and left the false in normal font.

ENTP:
    - Clever
    - Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick.
    - Love to argue, often to show off their skills
    - Perverse Sense of Humor
    - Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate
    - Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport
    - Innovative and ingenious at problem solving

- Occasionally outsmart themselves
    - Cut corners with little regard for rules
    - Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point
    - Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones
    - Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences
    - Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination
    - ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this.
    - Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.
    - Capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones
    - Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest
    - Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are.
    - ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience

She agreed especially with the last statement and the one that had to do with arguing.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

How certain am I of my type? -- by this point, pretty certain. And pretty much everyone who has met me in person or who I've interacted with via email seem to have no doubt about my INFJ-ness.

How much do I trust online profiles? I'll just say there are many contradictions amongst various theories and proponents of mbti, esp. when people read into it too much, much more than they should, and since most of the sites/profiles are generic or else far too restrictive, I relate to little. Going off of profiles, or even cognitive functions to a lesser extent, I'm a combo of many personality types, and I'd say I'm not an 'extreme' INFJ when it comes to a few of the dichotomies. I tend to view all of this stuff on a spectrum anyway...there's a wide variety/array of flavors amongst each type, and you also have to factor in other psychological factors (anxiety, narcissism, other character traits not necessarily associated with any one particular type) that could dramatically impact ones behavior/perception on life.

INFJ:
    - Quiet Exterior - YES
    - Hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life - YES
    - Gravitate towards the role of activists, are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power - NO, definitely not an activist, and I'm also not one who volunteers for any type of organization. I'm pretty introverted and selfish as far as that goes, and as far as externalizing things. I am like the world's worst activist.
    - INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden -- NO, not really. I might empathize/defend/etc, but it's not my mission in life to correct society's ills.
    - may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless - NO, I don't do revenge
    - Find the concept of poetic justice appealing - I can't say 'Yes' or 'No' to this.
    - Acute to the motives of others, and not easily mislead YES, although I'll add the caveat that there were a few areas in life that, prior to gaining experience, I was incredibly naive about - thus one could argue I was misled or clueless.
    - Affable and sympathetic to most, but selective about their friends YES
    - Believe that friendship is a symbolic bond that transcends mere words - Eh, I don't know that I've ever verbalized friendship in such a poetic, rather melodramatic way, but I do choose my friends carefully, am selective, and with those I value/respect/love, I really, really, really cherish my relationship with them and perhaps because these connections are rather few and far between, they become that much more important/meaningful to me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    ENFP:
    - Both "Idea" people and "people" people
    - See everything in a bizarre cosmic whole
    - Want to help and be liked and admired by people
    - Interested in new ideas on principle, then ditch most of them for some reason or another
    - Zany Charm
    - Unconventional, but despite that, still able to fit in with stodgy types of people
    - Outgoing, fun, generally like people.
    - Towards SOs
    *warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous.
    *sort attention span, short relationships
    - Easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time.
    - Less mature: may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time.
    - Strong Convictions
    - They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world.
    - Pleasant, easy going and fun to work with
    - Good at brainstorming
    - Procrastinators
    - Lack follow-through
    - Hate Bureaucracy (ie. administration, officials etc.)
    - Soft Hearted
    - Have a "silly switch", flicker between intellectual and captain wild child.
    - Appear intoxicated when switch is on
    - Natural propensity for role playing and acting.
    - Have a 'close enough is satisfactory' attitude
    - All about friends
    - Have difficulty being alone
    - Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results.

ISFP:
    Not much at all really... Nope.... nothing.... It's quite astonishing that I have the nerve to type myself as an ENFP all things considered
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INxJ

1. How sure are you of your type? __%
    It's one of 4 possibilities.

2. Do you trust online profiles?
    They do what they should I suppose. What I don't trust is the subjective interpretations of them.

INTP:
    - Pensive & analytical
    - Appear Detached
    - Oblivious to the world around them
    - Precise about descriptions and often correct others
    - Amendable and easy going until their principles are violated, in which case they become outspoken and inflexible, and then return back to normal to avoid the spotlight.
    - Have a haunting sense of impending failure and spend a considerable time second guessing themselves
    - An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition
    - Thrive on systems
    - Concentrate and detach until time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli is held at bay
    - Use of acquired knowledge isn't high priority

- Obsessed with logical correctness, mistakes are often because of missed details

INFJ:
    - Quiet Exterior
    - Hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life
    - Gravitate towards the role of activists, are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.
    - INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden
    - may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless

- Find the concept of poetic justice appealing
    - Acute to the motives of others, and not easily mislead
    - Affable and sympathetic to most, but selective about their friends
    - Believe that friendship is a symbolic bond that transcends mere words

INTJ:
    - To outsiders, may appear to have an aura of self confidence, often mistaken for arrogance by the less decisive
    - Start to build specialized knowledge systems at an early age, and often have many of these
    - Know what they know, and are very aware of what they don't know
    - Perfectionists
    - Near endless capacity for improving things that take their interest
    - Pragmatic:
    ruthlessly apply the criterion: does it work? to everything (including social norms)
    - Possess the unusual combination of imagination and reliability
    Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play, as INTJs can be unsparing of both themselves and the others on the project.
    - Slackers loose INTJ respect

- Have a gift for seizing opportinities that others might have not known existed.
    - INTJs typically do whatever they know, and it's typically science based
    - Mask their unconventionality with surface conventionality

- can rise to management positions when they are willing to invest time in marketing their abilities as well as enhancing them, and (whether for the sake of ambition or thedesire for privacy)
    - Find personal relationships difficult
    - Capable of caring deeply for others, but usually just a select few
    - Little patience and understanding for small talk and flirting.

- Usually extremely privateand impassive
    - Want people to make sense!!!
    - Willing to work at relations
    - Use Ni to emulate F like compassion and such

- Characterized by their robustness, stability, and good communications.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

These profiles do not have sufficient mutual exclusivity.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

1. How sure are you of your type?
    40% but certainty isn't something I'm all that familiar with.

2. Do you trust online profiles?
    Somewhat, but after seeing some of the results from this thread, it seems as if some types profiles are far better than others.

ENTP:
    - Clever oh totally, I'm clever like those raptors that can open doors
    - Verbally, and cerebrally (is that actually a word?) quick. verbally not so much, but I have surprised myself and others occasionally, mainly when under the influence I think
    - Love to argue, often to show off their skills 7 I would have thought showing off skills was more of a crazy SP thing (sorry, I'm generalizing a bit there)
    - Perverse Sense of Humor 7~8, humor's humor, I'm not fussed.
    - Enjoy playing the Devils Advocate 9
    - Can confuse or hurt those who don't understand arguing as a sport 10, well, sort of, but it's hard to confuse or hurt dominant thinkers, it's just funny when they notice that I'm arguing for the sake of arguing.
    - Innovative and ingenious at problem solving 7 I don't know about that, it depends on the problem
    - Occasionally outsmart themselves
    I've never done it... maybe this was just a light-hearted phrase rather than a serious point on ENTPs
    - Cut corners with little regard for rules 9
    - Over ambitious, to the point that it can test the breaking point 8 at least when learning skills, or being challenged to lift more than someone else
    - Fond of toys, the more sophisticated the better, tend to get bored of them quickly and move on to newer ones 10 I remember really really liking gears when I was younger and I'd mess with them wishing that I'd come up with something bizarre and new
    - Optimistic, but tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences: 4 I've found that I'm really laid back more than anything, with a small mix of optimism in most cases. but there are some things that scare me, and I subconsciously conjure the worst outcomes, I need to step back and override them when that happens.
    - Major setbacks are regarded as challenges, and tackled with determination 9 but they're only treated as such until a certain point it seems
    - ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. 3 though I'm surrounded by rather intelligent people most of the time
    - Tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general. 8
    - Capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones: I donno about that
    - Appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest: nah, no way
    - Good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. 5
    - ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience 9 It takes me a while to turn off the audience mode sometimes, and I'm not always entertaining of course, but not many people are... right?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    These profiles do not have sufficient mutual exclusivity.
    I'd agree with that, it's easy enough to relate to half of the other profiles, perhaps a better site would work, but I picked this one because I'm lazy
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP

ENFP:
    - Both "Idea" people and "people" people
    - See everything in a bizarre cosmic whole
    - Want to help and be liked and admired by people
    - Interested in new ideas on principle, then ditch most of them for some reason or another (I went through a lot of phases when younger :P)
    - Zany Charm
    - Unconventional, but despite that, still able to fit in with stodgy types of people (yeap.)
    - Outgoing, fun, generally like people.
    - Towards SOs
    *warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous.
    *sort attention span, short relationships (I don't think so! Well I DO have a short attention span but I don't jump from relationship to relationship)
    - Easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting about the older ones for long stretches at a time. (friends no, acquaintances yes, but I can remember people from my past quite accurately.)
    - Less mature: may need to feel they are the center of attention all the time.
    - Strong Convictions
    - They usually try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade people gently of the rightness of these views; his sometimes results in their neglecting their nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world. (I'm not sure about this one)
    - Pleasant, easy going and fun to work with
    - Good at brainstorming
    - Procrastinators
    - Lack follow-through
    - Hate Bureaucracy (ie. administration, officials etc.)[/B]
    - Soft Hearted
    - Have a "silly switch", flicker between intellectual and captain wild child.
    - Appear intoxicated when switch is on
    - Natural propensity for role playing and acting.
    - Have a 'close enough is satisfactory' attitude
    - All about friends
    - Have difficulty being alone
    - Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results.

Quite accurate but somehow I don't think I have the capability to be so flighty with relationships, I'm pretty loyal when it comes to that. I think I'm a sligtly expressed E, actually.
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.