• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many Ns are in general population ?

how many Ns are in general population, in your opinion ?

• Total voters

Snow Turtle

See my comments about the limits of the research.

Actually the UK is more introverted but not by much... remember MBTI definiton of Intoverted is where you do your thinking not if you are a socal person (although often they equate but not always).

In my survey I got a slight skew towards introvertedness in the UK but not massive

Yeah but when I think of the London underground system. :huh: I would have thought that the UK is more introverted and Finland/Sweden even more so. Still rather hard to believe the data, I'm more inclined to believe in your statistics.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It was a complete revelation to me not to long ago regarding how many Ns there actually are. I was typing way too many Sensors as iNtuits, and when it finally slapped me in the face :doh: it explained a whole lot with the whole lot. :D I voted 15-20% even though the statistics say that it is between 15 and 25.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
TCO

Those stats look more right, but please don't display them as facts.... there are no sample size, they are skewed as a student population etc etc etc...

In order for something to be statistically valid it needs a minimum of 1000 interviews per country - and I'd say somewhere like the US needs a lot more than that...

sorry don't mean to be picky... but careful what you beleive in... That said the stats look similar to other stats I've seen...

I would think that a conversation you had in May which Cited old research conducted by Keirsy is likely to be more accurate albe it considerably old.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...3-enneagram-mbti-distribution-statistics.html

It might be worthwhile pointing out that no research is fact, it's all different degrees of indicative... unless it's a census, and the population is static and unchanging, all research is prone to sampling error - such as skewed population, device error, time constraints, etc etc the list goes on forever... Some research is better than others but non of it can be taken as pure fact.

This probalem is doubly compounded by the MBTI being a preference test... some peoples scores move dependng on how they feel - at least this is what they say... I don't beleive it personally, but it's self projected opinions not facts either...

The big picture is about 20-25% are N typs probably globably with some variations per country... it's not that common....

You're right that there is no info. on sample size in that statistical data I linked in this thread.

And I have to appreciate you linking my own topic. :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah but when I think of the London underground system. :huh: I would have thought that the UK is more introverted and Finland/Sweden even more so. Still rather hard to believe the data, I'm more inclined to believe in your statistics.

ooooh goodness don't compare the whole of the UK to the London underground, my neice was saying Londoners are stressed because the hostility/lack of freindliness of the tube....

:)

You need to see the rest of the country, which is a lot more friendly and open in comparision so the capital... :D:D

I guess it would be like saying the US is like New York, and it's not

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You're right that there is no info. on sample size in that statistical data I linked in this thread.

And I have to appreciate you linking my own topic. :D

You're other topic has some good data in it (again o sample sizes but given the theory involved one would guess the Keirsey would be better at founding his information than most...

the base line is saying the a skew towards S (quite market)...

If you classify S types as being detailed orientated, getting stuff done as a broad brush stroke (and yes I get the variances), then this makes sence, if the world was full of N's we'd be very creative but there may be little follow through and constructive change because of lack of practicle drive...

It takes all sorts to make stuff happen.