User Tag List

View Poll Results: how many Ns are in general population, in your opinion ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • up to 5%

2 3.70%
  • 5-10%

0 0%
  • 10-15%

5 9.26%
  • 15-20%

11 20.37%
  • 20-25%

16 29.63%
  • 25-30%

7 12.96%
  • 30-35%

8 14.81%
  • 35-40%

2 3.70%
  • 40-45%

2 3.70%
  • 45-50%

1 1.85%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    This was taken from online MBTI statistics...

Total Artisans 36%
    Entertainer 19%

ESFP 10%
    ISFP 9%

Operator 17%
    ISTP 9%
    ESTP 8%

Total Guardian 43%
    Administrator 23%

ESTJ 11%
    ISTJ 12%

Conservator 20%
    ESFJ 10%
    ISFJ 10%

Total Rationalist 10%
    Co-ordinators 5%

ENTJ 3%
    INTJ 2%

Engineers 5%
    ENTP 3%
    INTP 3%

Total Idealist 12%
    Advocate 8%
    ENFP 6%
    INFP 2%

Mentor * 4%
    ENFJ 3%
    INFJ 1%

Okay, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    That's surveying all the people on facebook who took the MBTI test. The N's actually outweigh the S's.

i am not just counting the 16 types.

someone may have the type FiNe and may be intuitive, but someone else may have the type FiNe and may hardly use his Ne. so, if all people would be poorly developed, then only four types (Ni and Ne doms) would appear to be intuitive. imo this creates the impression that there are not much more than 25% intuitives. most people's intuition is practically a subjective secret.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Okay, but...

That's surveying all the people on facebook who took the MBTI test. The N's actually outweigh the S's.
    Hi

They key peice of information "MBTI on facebook" - which could be as many as 200 people or less... it may actually be a much bigger sample size.

The things is that face book only represents a fraction of the population - probably skewed younger and female, and then they happen to have taken the MBTI test.

Also you cna see from this site that N types way dominate, which suggests that S types don't use the net as much or don't use chat rooms or don't take MBTI tests without having reason.....

I took my stats of an MBTI specific website... I also conducted a nationally representative survey in the UK of 1000 people (on the phone) which showed similar results (but I used a questionnaire I made up so not perfect). But I did it for work so I can't just type you out the findings

C.23-25% N types....

I'm ptretty confident of that...

Now, different countries are bound to have slightly different skews because that can be about culture...

Hope this helps to show you why there are differences...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ get 100 teenage girls to take the mbti test and 90 of them would come out an N. They... just... aren't... honest.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ get 100 teenage girls to take the mbti test and 90 of them would come out an N. They... just... aren't... honest.
    There is a wee bit more too it, it can't just be tennage girls but generally that is the gist....

On this site we have few S types - why? What is it about MBTI or chat rooms that S types don't like....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I know. The idea that it's not something they've experienced. Just an idea thrown to them. MBTI may be associated with Psychology which is associated with the mind which does not associate with senses hence, sensors find no interest in MBTI. Am I correct?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hi

They key peice of information "MBTI on facebook" - which could be as many as 200 people or less... it may actually be a much bigger sample size.

The things is that face book only represents a fraction of the population - probably skewed younger and female, and then they happen to have taken the MBTI test.

Also you cna see from this site that N types way dominate, which suggests that S types don't use the net as much or don't use chat rooms or don't take MBTI tests without having reason.....

I took my stats of an MBTI specific website... I also conducted a nationally representative survey in the UK of 1000 people (on the phone) which showed similar results (but I used a questionnaire I made up so not perfect). But I did it for work so I can't just type you out the findings

C.23-25% N types....

I'm ptretty confident of that...

Now, different countries are bound to have slightly different skews because that can be about culture...

Hope this helps to show you why there are differences...
    Thanks for your reply. It's good that you did a survey of 1000 people, but the key points you mentioned are that you made the questionnaire, and that it is for the UK. This shows that the questions may not be perfect, and also certain cultural differences could be evident. (I've seen another study which showed the U.S.A. was more N and F than the UK, so there's something in that.)

Also, you mentioned that facebook is a fraction of the population, likely skewed younger and female. I'd agree that it's a fraction of the population (what fraction, I don't know), and that the average age on facebook is likely younger than the average age of the country, but I disagree that it's skewed female. Also, the sample size had to be at least somewhat large to get those kind of variances in the data.

As for this site, I do agree that N types dominate.

One thing I would love to see is the age distribution in these S vs. N battles. Because it seems to me that most of the users of Internet, including such sites like this one and facebook, are younger than the general population. Most young people are fluent in the uses of Internet these days. But then again, when general surveys are conducted, we see many more S's than N's in the general population. I have a feeling that the N to S ratio is far higher in younger people than it is in older ones, that's what I think.

What's the reason that most sensors come on here in the first place?

Could it be that intuitives are more likely to find these websites due to a search of identity? I know that INFPgc often have new comers going on about how they have finally found a home.

This student forum I frequent often has a huge population of Ns (at least self-typed: No need to tell me the potential flaws of this method.), there's also quite a huge population of sensors.

MBTI
    ENTP

rag...

I don't have a right or wrong answer, but you got the gist... there must be lots of reasons for it...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    What's the reason that most sensors come on here in the first place?

Could it be that intuitives are more likely to find these websites due to a search of identity? I know that INFPgc often have new comers going on about how they have finally found a home.

This student forum I frequent often has a huge population of Ns (at least self-typed: No need to tell me the potential flaws of this method.), there's also quite a huge population of sensors.
    Sensors come here because they have an intuitive side to them that likes it here.