• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you rule someone out of being an INXJ if they're quirky/funny/really weird?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Um, I took one look at this title and thought, "Is this question actually being asked?" The INFJ I work with (Meseri is his name here) is probably like the weirdest person I've ever met, haha. I mean, c'mon, he randomly makes pterodactyl noises at work loud enough for the whole store to hear. He's also completely unpredictable. Not even I can predict what he's about to do, haha.

At first I mistyped him as an ENFP.

I have another INFJ friend whom I'm inviting here and she doesn't particularly strike me as quirky, she has a rather normal demeanor but she does have a pretty funny sense of humor sometimes with a unique perspective. Her eccentricity is mainly in her spiritual outlook on life.

The main INTJ I know is definitely quirky. He has this way of putting things that's different from everyone else we know. We call them "Mark-isms," haha. He's also probably the most scathingly and deeply sarcastic person I've ever met. And definitely has a very unique sense of humor.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
The INFJ I work with (Meseri is his name here) is probably like the weirdest person I've ever met, haha. I mean, c'mon, he randomly makes pterodactyl noises at work loud enough for the whole store to hear.

OMFG! There is this Facebook test called "What Badass Thing Are You?", with all these weird answers to choose from. On each page there was a choice to pick "RRRAAAAARRRGGGH!! FUCKING RRRRAAAARRGGH" and I picked it every time. My result was "You're a fucking dinosaur".

Ever since then, I will make roaring noises in times of stress or irritation and say "RRRAAARRGH! I'm a fucking dinosaur!".

I have to look Meseri up, I swear....

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
hahaha. Yeah he's online right now. Said he might post if I made an interesting thread, but can't think of one. I'll bring him here, hold on.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't care what type you are .. If you are quirky/funny/really weird, i'll like you.

I'm confused.
INTJs are NOT really weird?
Seriously?!
I thought that was the one thing you could definitely count on!

Have you guys been to the INTJ forum?

You're messing with my paradigm! :shock:

Possibly .. but only in a super cool way. ;)

You rock on.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
No not really. I don't understand how this is efficient in typing someone, by measuring such a superficial quality as this.
Oh, believe me. I agree. Which is why I made this thread. Every single time I've met someone in real life who knew about MBTI, I was typed as ENTP, with a couple of ESFP exceptions. So it frustrates me that people never see me as what I really am, because I don't fit the image of the quiet, controlled INFJ.

Usehername

On a mission
INFJs I've met are decently sensible, smart and definitely not boring or normal. Have a bit of the same strangeness and silliness ENFPs have.

INTJs are some of the biggest smart asses in existence. Probably the most misrepresented type online. I love their sense of humour, and completely insane ideas. If you think of famous ones: after seeing a Coldplay concert could you ever call Chris Martin rigid or normal?

Chris Martin is an INxJ? I went to Coldplay (to be a nice big sister to my 15yo sister, I took her) and he seemed 100% SFP.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Chris Martin is an INxJ? I went to Coldplay (to be a nice big sister to my 15yo sister, I took her) and he seemed 100% SFP.

I know he is very active, but his attitude and silliness seem a lot like what I have for office entertainment.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, believe me. I agree. Which is why I made this thread. Every single time I've met someone in real life who knew about MBTI, I was typed as ENTP, with a couple of ESFP exceptions. So it frustrates me that people never see me as what I really am, because I don't fit the image of the quiet, controlled INFJ.

Identifying someone's motivations is very telling of their MB type... or simply their overall character. Cheerfulness, anger, etc. are examples of transitional moods that changes as soon as the person placed into a fresh environment. It doesn't have the near enduring quality compared to a life purpose. Many individuals also tend to adopt the necessary tools for a comfortable lifestyle in their world, and this can tamper with their outer appearances.

---------

I was more of a stereotypical INTJ inside and out (think Mr. Darcy) before I reached my adolescent years. The ENFPs I befriended had a tremendous impact on my ideas/personality and I haven't been the same person since.

Two INFJs thought I was an ENFP, the others say I'm an ENTP, ENFJ, INFJ, ENTJ, ISTJ, and INFP. I think I've been pinned down as every single J type except the ISFJ.

It's guaranteed that people will misread each other all the time. ;) When they have the opportunity to know more about you (and MBTI), I'm sure their first impressions will change by then. :yes: If not, keep moving forward. :) Don't let one bad apple rotten your day.

Meseri

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
T2
The main INTJ I know is definitely quirky. He has this way of putting things that's different from everyone else we know. We call them "Mark-isms," haha. He's also probably the most scathingly and deeply sarcastic person I've ever met. And definitely has a very unique sense of humor.

So the other Mark you know is an INTJ? Or did you mistype INFJ.

My screech/rwoar was supposed to be a vilasa raptor at first. But someone at work compared it to a pterodactyl and it's stuck ever sense. Shit be right back, I think I hear the fire alarm. My french toaster stick house I made must be burning. I'm uninsured!!!:horor:

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
So the other Mark you know is an INTJ? Or did you mistype INFJ.
Nope, the first one. Funny how he's only one letter off, eh?

My screech/rwoar was supposed to be a vilasa raptor at first. But someone at work compared it to a pterodactyl and it's stuck ever sense.
I think that was me, haha.

Shit be right back, I think I hear the fire alarm. My french toaster stick house I made must be burning. I'm uninsured!!!:horor:
haha, wtf!? :shock:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea I've seen you infjs do this, entering different "modes", the infj I know got a little too carried away and created an alternate personality for himself which he also named.....I was not impressed but I kind of tolerated it, for a little while at least, but he seems to have forgotten his alter ego already. Hopefully it was kind of a joke, I think he is sane for the most part.
...:rofl1:

Okay, I'm not like that. I just have different sides to my personality.

I can usually tell upon meeting someone whether they'll 'get' the weirdness or if it will cause them distress ;) and adjust my behavior accordingly. If I misjudge and unleash the weirdo residing inside me to the wrong person it does not go well at all...But there was one time I was pleasantly surprised.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of "judgy" people, I feel like I can't be myself around them so I try not to be around them as much as possible.

no, but sometimes I have to fight to not slap an immediate "N" on them. And if they start talking about astrology or superstitions or spirits or something its all I can do not to give them the INFJ.

Being quirky doesn't have much to do with N, actually. Especially not believing in the paranormal. The Pentecostal churches I am familiar with, where they regularly speak in tongues and cast out demons, is made up of mostly SJs. If you're typing people as INFJ or N based on that alone, you're mistyping a lot of people.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Yeah, I believe in the supernatural, I just approach it all in a much more realistic, moment-by-moment fashion. Judging by experiences and observation and all, and I won't care or make any conclusions until I'm confronted by it. And only judge it as supernatural if there's no other explanation.

Meseri

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
T2
K, need to go to bed now, see you later jerkin!

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
K, need to go to bed now, see you later jerkin!

How'd you know I was...? :shock:

oh wait, nvm... :doh:

I knew what you meant about the house, the strange part was that you built one and then I was trying to figure out how you put it together and cooked it. :huh:

Veddy interesting. Well at least you're taking your aggression out on houses made out of food and not Lowe's. :newwink:

I'm about to go to bed, too. I'm exhausted. Something about working 9 nights in a row. :thinking: Oh, well, only 4 more to go! :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being quirky doesn't have much to do with N, actually. Especially not believing in the paranormal. The Pentecostal churches I am familiar with, where they regularly speak in tongues and cast out demons, is made up of mostly SJs. If you're typing people as INFJ or N based on that alone, you're mistyping a lot of people.

Actually, i'm not.
Like I said, INFJ is something my mind naturally drifts to on these occasions, but doesn't mean that I type them that way. I think being aware of prejudices ahead of time is actually a good way to eliminate them so that you can accurately type people, rather then pretending you have no preconceived notions at all.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'm confused.
INTJs are NOT really weird?
Seriously?!
I thought that was the one thing you could definitely count on!

Have you guys been to the INTJ forum?

You're messing with my paradigm! :shock:

Yeah seriously. When did people start questioning the weirdness of INXJs?

I mean, nobody would ever describe me as "zany" or "wild" but I've definitely gotten "weird" :D