• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you rule someone out of being an INXJ if they're quirky/funny/really weird?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you rule someone out of being an INXJ if they're quirky/funny/really weird? I've seen one or two people do that, and I'm wondering if it's a general thing. I've always thought that INFJ's in particular are probably the one type most likely to be off-the wall weird in the way they carry and project themselves, but some may disagree with that.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Nope, three of the many INTJs I know are the strangest and most fun people I know, and if I spent enough time with the others I think I could bring it out of them.

I only know one INFJ that is weird. We have conversations about Physics, Sociology and Teletubbies with minutes. Don't ask me how... She is very smart, but child like. I love her :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know a lot of rather quirky INFJ females. ISFJ won't get quirky but INFJ can be very practical/controlled and other times pretty quirky, if they allow it.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only know one INFJ that is weird. We have conversations about Physics, Sociology and Teletubbies with minutes. Don't ask me how... She is very smart, but child like. I love her :D

...Teletubbies! They're so cute. Except that Tinky-Winky. That one's kind of...not so cute.

I know a lot of rather quirky INFJ females. ISFJ won't get quirky but INFJ can be very practical/controlled and other times pretty quirky, if they allow it.
I'm like this. At times I'll be very reserved and controlled, and at other times quirky and silly. It's really odd. People never know what to expect. It gives them the wrong impression if they meet me in either of the modes, because I'm only like that half of the time. And when I switch they look like: :confused:

To the OP: Yes, I've noticed people do that. While there certainly are INxJs that are pretty bland, conservative, and humorless, there are plenty more that aren't.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
INTJ...generally yes but i know a male INTJ who i almost mistook for an ENTP but the test showed INTJ and he agreeed

i would have never thought of him as a J

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
...Teletubbies! They're so cute. Except that Tinky-Winky. That one's kind of...not so cute.

I'm like this. At times I'll be very reserved and controlled, and at other times quirky and silly. It's really odd. People never know what to expect. It gives them the wrong impression if they meet me in either of the modes, because I'm only like that half of the time. And when I switch they look like: :confused:

To the OP: Yes, I've noticed people do that. While there certainly are INxJs that are pretty bland, conservative, and humorless, there are plenty more that aren't.

Yea I've seen you infjs do this, entering different "modes", the infj I know got a little too carried away and created an alternate personality for himself which he also named.....I was not impressed but I kind of tolerated it, for a little while at least, but he seems to have forgotten his alter ego already. Hopefully it was kind of a joke, I think he is sane for the most part.

As for us intj's, I think we are stereotyped quite a bit, which is opposite of what you should be doing with the intj considering their high level of individuality, although less likely than an infj, if you catch us at the right time you will probably peg us as a different type.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I think a lot of people I meet are thrown off by my weird quirkiness so lately I've been trying to keep a more reserved face when meeting them. Which in turn makes me come off as a blander person because I'm trying to seem normal. Not that normal has to be boring it's just not me. I can usually tell upon meeting someone whether they'll 'get' the weirdness or if it will cause them distress ;) and adjust my behavior accordingly. If I misjudge and unleash the weirdo residing inside me to the wrong person it does not go well at all...But there was one time I was pleasantly surprised.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No not really. I don't understand how this is efficient in typing someone, by measuring such a superficial quality as this.

P

Phantonym

No, not at all. Everybody has their quirky/funny/weird moments. They most probably emerge during stress or are reserved for the moments when they're feeling at ease.

Hah. "Funny switch". Got one! I'm usually quirky 24/7 but I might not always show it to the rest of the world. Poker face and all that.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
No, I know funny intj's and infj's. Different humour, but funny.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ...generally yes but i know a male INTJ who i almost mistook for an ENTP but the test showed INTJ and he agreeed

i would have never thought of him as a J

+1 to that, He's funnier than half the people I know, yet he tests a fair strong INTJ.

ISTJs are more boring, sometimes they can be great, but more often than not they actually PREFER to be boring :mad:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
My INFJ wife is pretty quirky/funny/really weird. I think when an INxJ describes what they are thinking to you it will often come across as quirky/funny/really weird.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you rule someone out of being an INXJ if they're quirky/funny/really weird? I've seen one or two people do that, and I'm wondering if it's a general thing. I've always thought that INFJ's in particular are probably the one type most likely to be off-the wall weird in the way they carry and project themselves, but some may disagree with that.
No. More often, I do what you're saying here. I mostly agree with it.

Doesn't mean INJ is so outwardly erratic and strange, but I think it is expressed in a subtle, quirky, strange way that stands out after a while.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

no, but sometimes I have to fight to not slap an immediate "N" on them. And if they start talking about astrology or superstitions or spirits or something its all I can do not to give them the INFJ.
But at the same time, some of the INFJ's I know are outright normal, (societies standards of normal). So you never know.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
INFJs I've met are decently sensible, smart and definitely not boring or normal. Have a bit of the same strangeness and silliness ENFPs have.

INTJs are some of the biggest smart asses in existence. Probably the most misrepresented type online. I love their sense of humour, and completely insane ideas. If you think of famous ones: after seeing a Coldplay concert could you ever call Chris Martin rigid or normal?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm confused.
INTJs are NOT really weird?
Seriously?!
I thought that was the one thing you could definitely count on!

Have you guys been to the INTJ forum?

You're messing with my paradigm! :shock: