MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Actually, i'm not.
    Like I said, INFJ is something my mind naturally drifts to on these occasions, but doesn't mean that I type them that way. I think being aware of prejudices ahead of time is actually a good way to eliminate them so that you can accurately type people, rather then pretending you have no preconceived notions at all.
    Okay, gotcha.

I'm trying to figure out how N got to be connected with odd behavior because the SPs I know take the cake on that one

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yeah seriously. When did people start questioning the weirdness of INXJs?

I mean, nobody would ever describe me as "zany" or "wild" but I've definitely gotten "weird"
    This was my thought as well. I've rarely been called anything but weird, and I'm plenty quirky. I just keep myself to myself IRL, though, so you don't see it right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm like this. At times I'll be very reserved and controlled, and at other times quirky and silly. It's really odd. People never know what to expect. It gives them the wrong impression if they meet me in either of the modes, because I'm only like that half of the time. And when I switch they look like: :confused:
    Wow, this is totally like me - 100%, I just couldn't find a way to describe it. It's not like an "alternate personality" or something.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You lose your INxJ card if you're not quirky/weird. It's the most endearing thing about them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I find many, if not most, INxJs to be quirky/funny/really weird, but not in the wacky, bubbly ENFP way. I think odd/witty/unusual are the word choices I would choose.

I talked to this INFJ guy online for a period (never known one in person), and he is formal to the point of being comical, subtly witty and very clever, and definitely weird, but in this controlled, meticulous way. He wears a suit almost everywhere and talks about sports in a flowery, poetic manner (for real). Definitely not your typical dude. Think Tim Gunn (most definitely an ENFJ) as an introvert and less warm.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think you're on to something. when i tell people i like sports, their jaws usually drop. i grew up playing basketball and soccer, and it just so happens that i know as much about nba basketball as some of my other areas of expertise like new american cuisine, typology, post-punk, and post-structuralism. but it's shocking to people nonetheless.

language shifts with mood. at times i am very subdued and very curt, and if i'm in a larger setting i'll keep it shorter. we still have a way with groups where we kind of let some of our humor show in odd quirky ways, responding to the situation and our own ideas/interpretations visibly. if i'm with one other person, i'll start writing more freely and everything sounds like an artful letter from one of those poets you hear about in school.

our communication is always a bit tight and controlled, unless we're in a really really really secure space. i've only ever felt this with one or two people. we definitely can get much more loosey goosey in the hips of our words when we feel extra frisky. i use this analogy a lot, but watch a jonathan richman video, and then imagine instead of a crowd it is for one person. bc with more the shameful display would be tooooooo much!

there's a theory that your 7th function is your deceiving/funnybone. for infj it would be Te, for intj it would be Fe. this is probably why i enjoy bantering with intjs humor-wise more than any other type, with entp close second. we both know how to play it up, while still creating complex Ni tripwires EVERYWHERE and fondling them oddly in public. think demetri martin, whose tv show isn't that great (tho creative!), but his standup is, in the words of nba commercials, fannnnntastic!

we have cluttered heads and some find that charming. when we play the imagination game we can keep anyone on their toes, literally gasping for breath. with S types we are operating at about 40% of our fun potential, and the air feels smoggy.

also: Te goes for crass and Fe goes for playin' it up all ridiculously, overdoing it, etc. we learn from each other tho, and pretty soon can do either with equal deftness. the thomson book says that injs have good access and easily learn how to use the other half of the Fe/Te schism in development. who knows?

deleted

Ni is insanely quirky, especially for INTJs who don't have that Fe burden with them. Then again, if Ni dominates, it usually doesn't matter. There is a common theme for quirkiness.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Oh, believe me. I agree. Which is why I made this thread. Every single time I've met someone in real life who knew about MBTI, I was typed as ENTP, with a couple of ESFP exceptions. So it frustrates me that people never see me as what I really am, because I don't fit the image of the quiet, controlled INFJ.
    The infj is actually one of the hardest for me to type. It's cause you guys are so rare too, no one expects to meet an infj.

MBTI
    INxJ

Definitely. Those sobs are the most straight laced people you will ever meet.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    Do you rule someone out of being an INXJ if they're quirky/funny/really weird? I've seen one or two people do that, and I'm wondering if it's a general thing. I've always thought that INFJ's in particular are probably the one type most likely to be off-the wall weird in the way they carry and project themselves, but some may disagree with that.
    No.