• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iNtuitors thinking they are Sensors

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
A random question prompted by the "sensor thinking they're intuitor thread"

How come Ns rarely think of themselves as S?

Thoughts please.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh this will be interesting.
2 bitchfest/hating threads about the Sensors .. :coffee:

P

Phantonym

Oh, I'm constantly wondering whether I'm only fooling myself that I'm an N. But N feels right, so yeah, I'm an N :D

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
For me it's because I'm always a tiny bit out of step with the sensor world, my sensortard moments can be day long events :blush:. I mostly rely on how the atmosphere feels as opposed to what people say. It's hard for me to rely on only what is said without reading between the lines. I try too though.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I sometimes think I'm a sensor. Mostly because Substitute and Haphazard think I'm an ISFJ. But then, BlueWing, Jennifer, and a few others think I'm INFJ. The rest think I'm ISTJ or INTJ. So it balances out. And the tests say INFJ, so I'll believe them.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

bah. I think paragraphs and paragraphs of thoughts can be summed up in "bah" I don't think that was nightning's intent Plus if someone wants to be a sensor, you should take that as a compliment. Not that I have much stock in personality theory these days, I just don't think it explains enough to be taken so literally.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
these are the reasons:
no one knows what they're doing when it comes to typology.
people don't know how to analyze themselves objectively -- y'know... the whole thing about impartial analysis requiring removal of the ego from the sitation is difficult when the subject is the self.

consolidated: people are stupid.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd pay a million dollars to wake up tomorrow a Senser, and I'm not kidding.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Prpl got it right...

I did not read the other thread... merely saw the title and thought about the reverse case and noticed a pattern.

It'll be nice if I am more like an ISFJ in being able to remember things and keep organized... but there's just no way that's happening despite how hard I try to do so. My messy handwriting is case in point. :doh:

Jaguar

A random question prompted by the "sensor thinking they're intuitor thread"

How come Ns rarely think of themselves as S?

Thoughts please.

I never think of myself as just N.
I use Se. Big time.

It's obviously why I think threads created to knock "sensors" are horse shit.

Cheat1011

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I used to believe I was a sensor before getting retarded scores for both sensing functions.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Prpl got it right...

I did not read the other thread... merely saw the title and thought about the reverse case and noticed a pattern.

It'll be nice if I am more like an ISFJ in being able to remember things and keep organized... but there's just no way that's happening despite how hard I try to do so. My messy handwriting is case in point. :doh:

No, i totally agree with you both. It is a compliment, but you always get the few, that are like "why would i want to be a sensor".

Let's see if i get proved wrong, and if i am, then i will apologise profusely. :blush:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I never think of myself as just N.
I use Se. Big time.

It's obviously why I think threads created to knock "sensors" are horse shit.
where are these threads?
i haven't seen them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
fine but you can't be ESFJ.
two letters or more.
these are the rules.

ESTP?

I'm just gonna go for it and be a female Halla. The world may rock on it's axis but who cares!?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was determined that I was borderline S - I argued with my friend about it quite a lot. I said I don't fit in with the SP or the NFs. He said that's because I'm an NF. :tongue:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ENTJ friends invariably test high on S. Haven't figured out the trend there...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
My ENTJ friends invariably test high on S. Haven't figured out the trend there...
you're in luck. i've figured it out.

all test makers confuse S with T.
the whole 'grounded' and 'practical' thing.

guys... it's more of a T thing. not an S thing.
jaguar -- you paying attention?