• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iNtuitors thinking they are Sensors

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
which is even worse! :holy: you do know they'll let just about anyone post on here, don't you?

i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ne is like a spider's web.
Spiders catch flies in their webs.
Writers collect ideas in a similar manner.
Ideas fly in fast from all directions.
Fi, like the spider, devours choice ideas.

so you're saying that only NFs can write? :huh:

i was refering to the fact that your post said not to just go with what the post said. so what clues am i looking for oh, great mystical one?

a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it? :jesus:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so you're saying that only NFs can write? :huh:

a nice, logical explanation as to why we have to confine people to operating in specific manners... that shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it? :jesus:
no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.

and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no ne is like a spider spinning the web the web is where we get our wealth of knowledge from.

and so it's been said that listen toe whatever and whatever will set you free.

dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... :sadbanana: ... or LIVING! :doh:

and my toes are glorious... though stubby :rofl1:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
dammit... I'd better throw out my works by Eudora Welty then... guess you can't learn anything through observation or listening... :sadbanana: ... or LIVING! :doh:

and my toes are glorious... though stubby :rofl1:

there there.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there there.

where?! :unsure:

I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static :shrug:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
where?! :unsure:

I have to be suspicious of anyone who says that someone can't do something because "they aren't the right type to do things like that" because that's bullshit... even if it WERE possible only to specialize in a few functions people adapt like any other animal... like stroke victims who figure out how to speak again after that portion of their brain was destroyed, or dogs who learn to run on two legs... we're elastic, not static :shrug:

I agre with this, I don't have a clue about life, but that doesn't mean i can't learn. and MOST things aren't type related

Standuble

and nobody has, as of yet, made an argument to me that makes sense as to why a person can't use both... the brain has capacity for it and it's not like they're mutually exclusive.

and "the book said so" doesn't count as a valid argument... use your fucking brains here! :)

We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We do use both? Everyone is sensing and intuiting, S and N. Unless your asking why we don't use all four perceiving functions (which according to the eight function model we do) my answer is that: the deck would just get too cluttered. You could probably programme a computer to be NeNiSeSi but for all four of these to consciously used by a human would put them under too much mental strain. Plus it would distract them so much they wouldn't be able to focus on sex and causing this state of being to become evolutionary maldaptive.

but wouldn't it be possible to develop them all and then change what's upfront depending upon the situation? :huh:

It's like an RPG or something of the sort, I would think... don't just develop one or two of your characters ridiculously strong and hope that's who gets attacked, you're safer developing on all fronts because you can't be sure as to what's coming :shrug:

I have 3 social science degrees, work a blue collar job and write in the evenings... I don't just use Ne or Se in the course of my day, week or life and I don't see the practicality of thinking that anyone would do so...

Standuble

but wouldn't it be possible to develop them all and then change what's upfront depending upon the situation? :huh:

It's like an RPG or something of the sort, I would think... don't just develop one or two of your characters ridiculously strong and hope that's who gets attacked, you're safer developing on all fronts because you can't be sure as to what's coming :shrug:

I have 3 social science degrees, work a blue collar job and write in the evenings... I don't just use Ne or Se in the course of my day, week or life and I don't see the practicality of thinking that anyone would do so...

Last time I checked people have no conscious control over their perception function. They wouldn't be able to switch it out or choose their method of perceiving the world unless humanity evolved such a mechanism (or the P functions became sentient.) All you can is stimulate Pe or Pi so its activated e.g. by finding an activity for the former or introspecting for the latter. That however would not control which of the two Pe or Pi functions are in use.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
only type is type related :peepwall:

Of course, but type has to affect tangible real-life behaviors in people. How do you know what's a person's type and what isn't? I've asked myself this question a lot, and I've been collecting a list of people I know and their types. I find it's cool to compare and contrast the people who have the same type. They're all very different, but the similarities are there I'm sure.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
si senorita, queso,,verde,gato,lapiz,pantalones, no mas, si, no, asi asi, negro, that;s basically what i remember from 2 years of spanish in highschool

que triste! español es una lengua muy útil en los estados unidos ahora... especialmente en mi porción de la ciudad aquí! :sadbanana:

Last time I checked people have no conscious control over their perception function. They wouldn't be able to switch it out or choose their method of perceiving the world unless humanity evolved such a mechanism (or the P functions became sentient.) All you can is stimulate Pe or Pi so its activated e.g. by finding an activity for the former or introspecting for the latter. That however would not control which of the two Pe or Pi functions are in use.

why? is there a biological reason that can be cited or is this all just theoretical? :huh:

Of course, but type has to affect tangible real-life behaviors in people. How do you know what's a person's type and what isn't? I've asked myself this question a lot, and I've been collecting a list of people I know and their types. I find it's cool to compare and contrast the people who have the same type. They're all very different, but the similarities are there I'm sure.

I always kind of assume that such assessments are based upon our comfort zones, but I've never been able to see a reason why those can't change over time either :shrug:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
que triste! español es una lengua muy útil en los estados unidos ahora... especialmente en mi porción de la ciudad aquí! :sadbanana:

^ Donde vives?

I always kind of assume that such assessments are based upon our comfort zones, but I've never been able to see a reason why those can't change over time either :shrug:

Nice explanation. I believe we can change too, but I like thinking about it like comfort zones. I do think that we can have natural propensities toward things too. Like I'm a language girl and my ISFJ sister is a math teacher. Since we were very young, language has been a strength of mine and math always been one of hers. That could quite possibly be because of my propensity toward big picture learning and interpersonal communication and hers toward details and hard facts. Of course, she did well in her language classes, and I learned math and did fine. That's where our elasticity came in.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nice explanation. I believe we can change too, but I like thinking about it like comfort zones. I do think that we can have natural propensities toward things too. Like I'm a language girl and my ISFJ sister is a math teacher. Since we were very young, language has been a strength of mine and math always been one of hers. That could quite possibly be because of my propensity toward big picture learning and interpersonal communication and hers toward details and hard facts. Of course, she did well in her language classes, and I learned math and did fine. That's where our elasticity came in.

:cheers: you're not stuck in the 'you can't do that!' rut!

I've always thought that those who are unwilling to adapt or expand are the ones with something wrong with them... I have a lot of self taught behaviors that are incredibly useful in everyday life to the point where I worked a job that involved things I'd taught myself as opposed to what I do naturally for a few years with success... to stop learning and adapting... you might as well lock yourself in a box :doh:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:cheers: you're not stuck in the 'you can't do that!' rut!

I've always thought that those who are unwilling to adapt or expand are the ones with something wrong with them... I have a lot of self taught behaviors that are incredibly useful in everyday life to the point where I worked a job that involved things I'd taught myself as opposed to what I do naturally for a few years with success... to stop learning and adapting... you might as well lock yourself in a box :doh:

Could you picture an ISTJ writing high fantasy and liking it? I would see somebody like that more interested in writing memoirs and descriptive poetry.
I see types giving preferences to writers, with Ne being fantasistic and unbelievable, and Si simple and down to Earth.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could you picture an ISTJ writing high fantasy and liking it? I would see somebody like that more interested in writing memoirs and descriptive poetry.

mine only reads fantasy novels, horror and things about space... he also loves watching anything set in space or a dystopian future as well... tastes can't really be defined along those lines so easily...

... ran across a sample of something he wrote once as well and it was about space... it was rather surprisingly not horrible, for coming from someone who never writes :laugh:

I see types giving preferences to writers, with Ne being fantasistic and unbelievable, and Si simple and down to Earth.

and what about when fantastic and reality are mixed? :huh:

I mean, I have some interest in this topic :laugh:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

lets see if i can translate: very good, spanish is a language used in the united states. especially in my part of the city, here

probably got it way off :wall: