User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

I knew an INTP on this forum who once thought he was an ISTJ, anyone remember his name?

My hypothesis behind any N thinking that they are an S is largely due to a misconception about the meaning of S and N. N does not imply S-tard. (And, conversely, S does not imply N-tard.) Simply because one is not literally blind does not at all indicate an S preference. Ns are humans. Humans use senses. (barring rare conditions and afflictions) Therefore, Ns use senses. It's more than reasonable to expect that an N can mistake themselves for an S due to a misunderstanding of N. (and perhaps S as well)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

And around this here forum there is a feeling that N's are wonderful and more awesomer than S's. I'm guessing many N's don't actually feel that way, so that can be confusing. I'm not awesomer enough to be an N.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    And around this here forum there is a feeling that N's are wonderful and more awesomer than S's. I'm guessing many N's don't actually feel that way, so that can be confusing. I'm not awesomer enough to be an N.
    +1
    I'm not sure you could have said that better.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    ISTJ

Good to know.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I'm trying to get enough tickets to get "ESFP go-go girl" at the samsara prize booth.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Reserved, often guarded about their feelings, with a strong tendency to internalize feedback, introverted intuitives are often at a loss to explain how and why they are misunderstood. As there is relatively little information about statistical minority to which they belong, introverted intuitives lack information to confirm what they have felt throughout their lives: that they have experienced prejudice which is as strong as any form of racism, sexism, or religious intolerance. This, in turn, reinforces a sense of aloneness that has been analyzed extensively by Colin Wilson who in The Outsider,
    writes, “At first sight, the Outsider is a social problem. He is a hole-in-corner man.” Wilson goes on to quote French author Henri Barbusse, whose protagonist in the novel L’Enfer describes himself: “Again, I am on the pavement, and I am not at peace as I had hoped. An immense confusion bewilders me. It is as if I could not see things as they
    were. I see too deep and too much.”
    It is this quality, this seeing “too deeply and too much” which is both the blessing and curse of the IN personality. Without this enhanced quality of perception, an introverted intuitive would have a different character and identity, perhaps a different genetic code. The ability to see deeply and greatly brings depth to one’s vision, passion to one’s heart, and strengthens one’s connection to that unique place inside each of us which connects us to something greater than ourselves, the soul. To be an introverted intuitive is to know beyond and rational sense that these inner realities are at least as important, and sometimes more important, than the than the external world, even though there may be little or no sensory data to support that belief.

To sum it all up quite simply, intuitives don't confuse themselves with S because they already have S capabilities and know that intuition is something on a whole different level.

S types on the other hand rarely experience intuition but often see the fruits of it that we bring, they probably secretly admire and wish to be like this themselves(at least sometimes) yet cannot seem to access this part of themselves (the right side of the neocortex)

In my honest opinion I do not think S and N are "opposites". We can't just flip our personality and use intuition as easily as the other functions.

+1

Me neither. I thought Jeffster owned the awesomeness anyway.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Reserved, often guarded about their feelings, with a strong tendency to internalize feedback, introverted intuitives are often at a loss to explain how and why they are misunderstood. As there is relatively little information about statistical minority to which they belong, introverted intuitives lack information to confirm what they have felt throughout their lives: that they have experienced prejudice which is as strong as any form of racism, sexism, or religious intolerance.
    To sum it all up quite simply, intuitives don't confuse themselves with S because they already have S capabilities and know that intuition is something on a whole different level.

S types on the other hand rarely experience intuition but often see the fruits of it that we bring, they probably secretly admire and wish to be like this themselves(at least sometimes) yet cannot seem to access this part of themselves (the right side of the neocortex)

In my honest opinion I do not think S and N are "opposites". We can't just flip our personality and use intuition as easily as the other functions.
    If sensing is on a lower level than the one on which you operate, and if you have access to it, how can you possibly be misunderstood? You could just simply communicate on their level.

And if that isn't possible, isn't it likely that there's something that they're grasping that you cannot?

You make your "problem" sound so burdensome and yet so simple at the same time.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it's strange to somehow consider intuition to be some "higher" plane that's completely unattainable to most of the population. Sure, it ends up being very beneficial in our highly information-oriented society, but then again, intuitives would never get anything done without those sensors who keep things running smoothly.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    If sensing is on a lower level than the one on which you operate, and if you have access to it, how can you possibly be misunderstood? You could just simply communicate on their level.

And if that isn't possible, isn't it likely that there's something that they're grasping that you cannot?

You make your "problem" sound so burdensome and yet so simple at the same time.

intuitives are forced everyday to compromise their style of communication to function in this sensor dominated population. Sensors have no need or desire to use intuition since using the sensing function is "normal".

This in itself shows that intuitives actually practice using the other function more than sensors.