User Tag List

First 311121314 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    lets see if i can translate: very good, spanish is a language used in the united states. especially in my part of the city, here

probably got it way off :wall:
    almost right, but it started off with "how sad!"

otherwise you were correct
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    almost right, but it started off with "how sad!"

otherwise you were correct
    you have to admit, not bad for someone who stares blankly at someone speaking spanish.I understand spanish, i just can't express it. ie i know the words as i see them/can usually get the context, but i don't know words from my ass.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

and what about when fantastic and reality are mixed?

I mean, I have some interest in this topic
    Real people, wacky setup. That's what I do.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    you have to admit, not bad for someone who stares blankly at someone speaking spanish.I understand spanish, i just can't express it. ie i know the words as i see them/can usually get the context, but i don't know words from my ass.
    Just jump in and speak it... You'll butcher it at first, but then you'll learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Real people, wacky setup. That's what I do.
    it's more fun... Even conversations run that way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

why? is there a biological reason that can be cited or is this all just theoretical?
    MBTI is all theory (with the exception of introversion and extraversion) but as for biology I would say there was no need. An evolutionary trait only becomes important if it becomes key to a species' survival and there is enough in one PePi pair for young to reach maturity and keep the species going through children of their own.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    MBTI is all theory (with the exception of introversion and extraversion) but as for biology I would say there was no need. An evolutionary trait only becomes important if it becomes key to a species' survival and there is enough in one PePi pair for young to reach maturity and keep the species going through children of their own.
    I can't see any logical reason why it should be more evolutionarily beneficial though... and it's certainly not an awesomely effective theory like gravity

Stansmith

The difference between sensors and intuitives is pretty overblown. Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te and Ne-Si vs Ni-Se are bigger mindf-cks.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The difference between sensors and intuitives is pretty overblown. Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te and Ne-Si vs Ni-Se are bigger mindf-cks.
    as someone who's delighted by grey areas, I've always seen it as more of a continuum than anything, with most people falling near the center (as with any continuum... well, the normal ones anyway)

I can't see any logical reason why it should be more evolutionarily beneficial though... and it's certainly not an awesomely effective theory like gravity
    It's not that having one PePi pair would be beneficial its just its not maldaptive enough. Traits become important when those who don't have them can't survive long enough to have children. People can survive on one Pe function - Se to rapidly spot and adapt to environmental changes and Ne to determine patterns to catch prey. You would only need both if both instinctively seeing a pattern to corner a prey and Se to pin it down are required for an individual to survive in the environment. It's the same with Ni and Si.

As for theory kewlness I agree Newton is much more badass. However quantum mechanics bests them both.

It's not that having one PePi pair would be beneficial its just its not maldaptive enough. Traits become important when those who don't have them can't survive long enough to have children. People can survive on one Pe function - Se to rapidly spot and adapt to environmental changes and Ne to determine patterns to catch prey. You would only need both if both instinctively seeing a pattern to corner a prey and Se to pin it down are required for an individual to survive in the environment. It's the same with Ni and Si.

As for theory kewlness I agree Newton is much more badass. However quantum mechanics bests them both.