User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I agre with this, I don't have a clue about life, but that doesn't mean i can't learn. and MOST things aren't type related
    only type is type related
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    si senorita, queso,,verde,gato,lapiz,pantalones, no mas, si, no, asi asi, negro, that;s basically what i remember from 2 years of spanish in highschool
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

but wouldn't it be possible to develop them all and then change what's upfront depending upon the situation?

It's like an RPG or something of the sort, I would think... don't just develop one or two of your characters ridiculously strong and hope that's who gets attacked, you're safer developing on all fronts because you can't be sure as to what's coming

I have 3 social science degrees, work a blue collar job and write in the evenings... I don't just use Ne or Se in the course of my day, week or life and I don't see the practicality of thinking that anyone would do so...
    Last time I checked people have no conscious control over their perception function. They wouldn't be able to switch it out or choose their method of perceiving the world unless humanity evolved such a mechanism (or the P functions became sentient.) All you can is stimulate Pe or Pi so its activated e.g. by finding an activity for the former or introspecting for the latter. That however would not control which of the two Pe or Pi functions are in use.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Of course, but type has to affect tangible real-life behaviors in people. How do you know what's a person's type and what isn't? I've asked myself this question a lot, and I've been collecting a list of people I know and their types. I find it's cool to compare and contrast the people who have the same type. They're all very different, but the similarities are there I'm sure.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    si senorita, queso,,verde,gato,lapiz,pantalones, no mas, si, no, asi asi, negro, that;s basically what i remember from 2 years of spanish in highschool
    que triste! español es una lengua muy útil en los estados unidos ahora... especialmente en mi porción de la ciudad aquí!

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Last time I checked people have no conscious control over their perception function. They wouldn't be able to switch it out or choose their method of perceiving the world unless humanity evolved such a mechanism (or the P functions became sentient.) All you can is stimulate Pe or Pi so its activated e.g. by finding an activity for the former or introspecting for the latter. That however would not control which of the two Pe or Pi functions are in use.
    why? is there a biological reason that can be cited or is this all just theoretical?

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Of course, but type has to affect tangible real-life behaviors in people. How do you know what's a person's type and what isn't? I've asked myself this question a lot, and I've been collecting a list of people I know and their types. I find it's cool to compare and contrast the people who have the same type. They're all very different, but the similarities are there I'm sure.
    I always kind of assume that such assessments are based upon our comfort zones, but I've never been able to see a reason why those can't change over time either
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

que triste! español es una lengua muy útil en los estados unidos ahora... especialmente en mi porción de la ciudad aquí!

^ Donde vives?

I always kind of assume that such assessments are based upon our comfort zones, but I've never been able to see a reason why those can't change over time either
    Nice explanation. I believe we can change too, but I like thinking about it like comfort zones. I do think that we can have natural propensities toward things too. Like I'm a language girl and my ISFJ sister is a math teacher. Since we were very young, language has been a strength of mine and math always been one of hers. That could quite possibly be because of my propensity toward big picture learning and interpersonal communication and hers toward details and hard facts. Of course, she did well in her language classes, and I learned math and did fine. That's where our elasticity came in.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Nice explanation. I believe we can change too, but I like thinking about it like comfort zones. I do think that we can have natural propensities toward things too. Like I'm a language girl and my ISFJ sister is a math teacher. Since we were very young, language has been a strength of mine and math always been one of hers. That could quite possibly be because of my propensity toward big picture learning and interpersonal communication and hers toward details and hard facts. Of course, she did well in her language classes, and I learned math and did fine. That's where our elasticity came in.
    you're not stuck in the 'you can't do that!' rut!

I've always thought that those who are unwilling to adapt or expand are the ones with something wrong with them... I have a lot of self taught behaviors that are incredibly useful in everyday life to the point where I worked a job that involved things I'd taught myself as opposed to what I do naturally for a few years with success... to stop learning and adapting... you might as well lock yourself in a box

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

you're not stuck in the 'you can't do that!' rut!

I've always thought that those who are unwilling to adapt or expand are the ones with something wrong with them... I have a lot of self taught behaviors that are incredibly useful in everyday life to the point where I worked a job that involved things I'd taught myself as opposed to what I do naturally for a few years with success... to stop learning and adapting... you might as well lock yourself in a box
    Could you picture an ISTJ writing high fantasy and liking it? I would see somebody like that more interested in writing memoirs and descriptive poetry.
    I see types giving preferences to writers, with Ne being fantasistic and unbelievable, and Si simple and down to Earth.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Could you picture an ISTJ writing high fantasy and liking it? I would see somebody like that more interested in writing memoirs and descriptive poetry.
    mine only reads fantasy novels, horror and things about space... he also loves watching anything set in space or a dystopian future as well... tastes can't really be defined along those lines so easily...

... ran across a sample of something he wrote once as well and it was about space... it was rather surprisingly not horrible, for coming from someone who never writes

I see types giving preferences to writers, with Ne being fantasistic and unbelievable, and Si simple and down to Earth.
    and what about when fantastic and reality are mixed?

I mean, I have some interest in this topic

MBTI
    yupp

lets see if i can translate: very good, spanish is a language used in the united states. especially in my part of the city, here

probably got it way off :wall:
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so