• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

iNtuitors thinking they are Sensors

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
lets see if i can translate: very good, spanish is a language used in the united states. especially in my part of the city, here

probably got it way off :wall:

almost right, but it started off with "how sad!" :laugh:

otherwise you were correct :cheese:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
almost right, but it started off with "how sad!" :laugh:

otherwise you were correct :cheese:

you have to admit, not bad for someone who stares blankly at someone speaking spanish.I understand spanish, i just can't express it. ie i know the words as i see them/can usually get the context, but i don't know words from my ass.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you have to admit, not bad for someone who stares blankly at someone speaking spanish.I understand spanish, i just can't express it. ie i know the words as i see them/can usually get the context, but i don't know words from my ass.

Just jump in and speak it... You'll butcher it at first, but then you'll learn! :yes:

Real people, wacky setup. That's what I do. :)

it's more fun... Even conversations run that way :)

Standuble

why? is there a biological reason that can be cited or is this all just theoretical? :huh:

MBTI is all theory (with the exception of introversion and extraversion) but as for biology I would say there was no need. An evolutionary trait only becomes important if it becomes key to a species' survival and there is enough in one PePi pair for young to reach maturity and keep the species going through children of their own.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI is all theory (with the exception of introversion and extraversion) but as for biology I would say there was no need. An evolutionary trait only becomes important if it becomes key to a species' survival and there is enough in one PePi pair for young to reach maturity and keep the species going through children of their own.

I can't see any logical reason why it should be more evolutionarily beneficial though... and it's certainly not an awesomely effective theory like gravity :laugh:

S

Stansmith

The difference between sensors and intuitives is pretty overblown. Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te and Ne-Si vs Ni-Se are bigger mindf-cks.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The difference between sensors and intuitives is pretty overblown. Fe-Ti vs Fi-Te and Ne-Si vs Ni-Se are bigger mindf-cks.

as someone who's delighted by grey areas, I've always seen it as more of a continuum than anything, with most people falling near the center (as with any continuum... well, the normal ones anyway) :shrug:

Standuble

I can't see any logical reason why it should be more evolutionarily beneficial though... and it's certainly not an awesomely effective theory like gravity :laugh:

It's not that having one PePi pair would be beneficial its just its not maldaptive enough. Traits become important when those who don't have them can't survive long enough to have children. People can survive on one Pe function - Se to rapidly spot and adapt to environmental changes and Ne to determine patterns to catch prey. You would only need both if both instinctively seeing a pattern to corner a prey and Se to pin it down are required for an individual to survive in the environment. It's the same with Ni and Si.

As for theory kewlness I agree Newton is much more badass. However quantum mechanics bests them both.

Standuble

It's not that having one PePi pair would be beneficial its just its not maldaptive enough. Traits become important when those who don't have them can't survive long enough to have children. People can survive on one Pe function - Se to rapidly spot and adapt to environmental changes and Ne to determine patterns to catch prey. You would only need both if both instinctively seeing a pattern to corner a prey and Se to pin it down are required for an individual to survive in the environment. It's the same with Ni and Si.

As for theory kewlness I agree Newton is much more badass. However quantum mechanics bests them both.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Am I an N who thinks of myself as an S?

I'd like to start to thread here for people to fight between NFJ and SFP.

I know no one except Edgar would say I'm INFJ because I'm not well-behaved enough on the forum.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Am I an N who thinks of myself as an S?

I'd like to start to thread here for people to fight between NFJ and SFP.

I know no one except Edgar would say I'm INFJ because I'm not well-behaved enough on the forum.

Wait...is that because he sees some of his INTJ self in me in some underlying way?

"INxJs Who Are Not Well-Behaved On The Internet, News at 6."

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
:cheers: you're not stuck in the 'you can't do that!' rut!

I've always thought that those who are unwilling to adapt or expand are the ones with something wrong with them... I have a lot of self taught behaviors that are incredibly useful in everyday life to the point where I worked a job that involved things I'd taught myself as opposed to what I do naturally for a few years with success... to stop learning and adapting... you might as well lock yourself in a box :doh:

I could quote a lot of your posts in this thread, but this one stuck out the most.

All I have to say is I agree....a lot. I find there is a peculiar condition of humanity that, if we lose perspective of other perspectives, we become locked into this horrible notion of rigid correctness that dictates set blocks of understanding and static approaches to all situations.

Time and again this approach is proven to cause much more damage to ourselves than benefit, yet we keep falling into the trap, I am not innocent myself. I've noticed it tends to stem from...perhaps, a certain laziness of mind where someone will happily assume a generalisaion because it is easier for them to comprehend than to try and understand a more myriad consideration of multiple angles.

I understand this notion, it's the urge that hits me a great deal of the time when I do not fully understand what it is I'm presented with. But over time I have learnt that this is the little tell-tale sign for personal growth and learning. Similar to your point, I find that when an individual backs down from this challenge to their comfort zone of assumptions; it is like being trapped inside a box into which nothing else can penetrate.

MBTI in particular presents us with a good example of what this can be like in individuals who refuse to take a new approach to a familiar theory. Of course I acknowledge that any idea must prove it's logical merits, but sometimes these ideas are shot down long before they even get a chance to step onto the runway known as 'decent guess' let alone 'logically sound'.

I hope I can guard myself against this trap, especially as I grow older and the elasticity of my brain becomes less.

Dancing_Queen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I did think I was a sensor before I got typed by a pro team, because I'm highly visual and sensual. Turns out my sensuality comes from my Enneagram instinct (Sx/So) :)

Sometimes I think how convenient would it be if I was an ESFP :D